Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

chopra class act

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:34 pm

For me since chops has come on,what bits and pieces we've created up front he's been at the center of it.. class

Re: chopra class act

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Mmmm.......still not at his best by some distance,

Had some great chances today that he would have buried at the start of the season but still getting in the right positions and working his socks off.

Come on Chops, find those red hot boots again !

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 pm

he may not be scoring but he works his bollocks off fair play
cant wait to see his goals return...come on chops :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Didn't see him being sick on the pitch then?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:10 am

far from class act, he had soo many chances last night, one on ones and hit them all at the keeper softly or even over run them

he's not the same chopra i once knew,

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:30 am

Ben wrote:far from class act, he had soo many chances last night, one on ones and hit them all at the keeper softly or even over run them

he's not the same chopra i once knew,

But still second top scorer in the CCC, can't be bad :lol: :lol:

We looked a threat when he came on, yes he did miss too many but he didn't hide and kept getting into those positions, I wouldn't bet against him getting a couple on Saturday as long as this virus doesn't keep him out :roll:

Credit to Whitts though, he was playing through balls that we haven't seen since McPhail has been out. I think he's worth a try in CM on Saturday. That will let us play McCormack out wide again where he was a lot more effective, he's just not sharp enough to play upfront at the moment.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:52 pm

His movement off the ball and ability to create space last night was superb.Its no coincidence that he got all those chances,he cerated them by his movement(and some great through balls).He looked very sharp when he came on.Admittedly he's not finishing at the moment but that will come.For a striker of his calibre thats the easy part putting in it the net.

I think he'l be back to his usual self very soon. :D

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:05 pm

needs glasses i reckon
class act be fucked :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:19 pm

should of walked off with the match ball!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:37 pm

papa wrote:needs glasses i reckon

whos better than him up front then? in our current squad.... in my opinion if he goes or gets injured for any lentgh of time. our play off hopes are cut drastically.... only my opinion of course. :D

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:41 pm

boyosback wrote:
papa wrote:needs glasses i reckon

whos better than him up front then? in our current squad.... in my opinion if he goes or gets injured for any lentgh of time. our play off hopes are cut drastically.... only my opinion of course. :D

your right we have nobody better, but that dont make mr chopra A CLASS ACT ;)

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Slagging Chopra off. Oh my word. You can tell some people were focused on the away fans more than the game last night :lol:

The amount of times this season I've seen Chopra make space for himself with a cavernous gap to run into, only to hold his head in his hands as the midfielders cut inside, or even pass the ball backwards leaving Chopra on his own in the middle of nowhere... well, suffice to say a Jack couldn't count them on his 6 fingered hands (not that Jacks can count of course).

Mark my words, if we had a decent midfield (vis. Scimeca + McPhail, 07/08 season) we'd be jogging at a steady canter through this league and Chopra would be on twice the goals he's on at the moment.

It's absolutely no coincidence at all that McPhail's absence = Chopra's source cut off.

It's no coincidence that Ledley + Rae are shit, so Chopra's got no help.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Shame his control let him down when he was clean through at the end, I`d backed us to win 2-0.. :(

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:59 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Slagging Chopra off. Oh my word. You can tell some people were focused on the away fans more than the game last night :lol:

The amount of times this season I've seen Chopra make space for himself with a cavernous gap to run into, only to hold his head in his hands as the midfielders cut inside, or even pass the ball backwards leaving Chopra on his own in the middle of nowhere... well, suffice to say a Jack couldn't count them on his 6 fingered hands (not that Jacks can count of course).

Mark my words, if we had a decent midfield (vis. Scimeca + McPhail, 07/08 season) we'd be jogging at a steady canter through this league and Chopra would be on twice the goals he's on at the moment.

It's absolutely no coincidence at all that McPhail's absence = Chopra's source cut off.

It's no coincidence that Ledley + Rae are shit, so Chopra's got no help.
toatally 100% agree....

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:40 pm

i thought he had an average game but looked poor in front of goal

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 pm

rorkes drift wrote:i thought he had an average game but looked poor in front of goal

correct ;)
at last someone without rose tinted glasses :ayatollah: