Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ridsdale Paying Bellamy's Wages!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 am

"Of course, their services have not come cheaply. City are reportedly paying Yakubu £40,000 a week, while Bellamy is said to be on £75,000 a week. However, while Leicester's Thai owners are picking up the bill for Yakubu, Cardiff are not paying for Bellamy.

Eyebrows were raised when such a high earner arrived at Cardiff, especially as the club has had considerable financial problems over the past couple of seasons.

But, according to reports, of his £75,000 per week, £54,000 is being paid by Manchester City, and the remaining £21,000 is being picked up by the Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale personally. :lol: :lol: It is a piece of business that emphasises the club's almost desperate ambition to become the first Welsh side to reach the Premier League."

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/Strik ... ticle.html

Re: Ridsdale Paying Bellamy's Wages!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Ridsdale was renound for spending money the club didnt have when he was at leeds, I wonder how much he pays the fish in his office to swim in thier tank all day!
Although its great that Ridsdale is personally backing the club financially I am still wiery of how far he will take his desperation!!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:08 pm

He's a good lad that Peter! :lol:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:38 pm

That must be a miss print, I though our CURRENT chairman was personally paying his wages ie. The Malaysians?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Ridsdale isn't that generous!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:48 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:That must be a miss print, I thought our CURRENT chairman was personally paying his wages ie. The Malaysians?

You're right, that's why I was laughing! :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:That must be a miss print, I thought our CURRENT chairman was personally paying his wages ie. The Malaysians?

You're right, that's why I was laughing! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: