Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Deep down in your heart do you thinck we will win promotion

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Will we, i just cant see it,42 years waiting

Re: Deep down in your heart do you thinck we will win promotion

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 pm

I can't either but I'm still hoping and sort of keeping the faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:32 pm

No :(

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 pm

No :roll:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Of course I think we will win the Auto's.
I'M A BLUEBIRD :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:38 pm

In a word, "No"

before i get obliterated by the "keep the faith you negative b*stard" parade. 3 things will cost us

we are consistently inconsistent and cant get a run of wins together. i dont think a run of draws with some wins dotted in amongst is good enough.

jones doesnt know what his starting eleven is, even at this stage of the season. and doesn't adapt tactically to the starting 11 he puts on the field. (eg parkin on saturday)

defence is improving, but set pieces will continue to cost us.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:48 pm

No but yes... if that makes sense...? :)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:58 pm

i think that we are able to but if we do or not is another matter. lets see how things go over the next few games still a lot of points up for grabs. if we dont get autos we will defo be in the playoffs in my opinion.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Yes,,,but no,,,if that makes any sense either.
[Potential minus commitment equals nothing].
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:07 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Yes,,,but no,,,if that makes any sense either.

weirdly it does!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 pm

it depends on what day you ask, last thurs morning after forest had lost i thought yes, after sat, i thought no way, but tomoro could be a diffrent story again

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:28 pm

I had my doubts from July onwards TBH.

Jones failure to get in a decent left back, keeper, centre half, central midfield general and cover for Bothroyd showed he had not learnt a thing from his previous seasons mistakes.

A few stars do not make a team. Sticking fur trim on the dashboard doesn't make a mini into a rolls royce.

The loan players have largely been garbage.

Out of the 32 game played this season, only in 3 or 4 has the team clicked. Too many goals conceded by rank bad defence, constantly up until february being outplayed in central midfield, and now a failure to convert chances. Where is the pace and drive from last season?

The manager cannot get the best out of his players. I sound like david Giles and Steve Tucker but they are right.

If we make it, it will need a massive change in player management and team endeavour.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:33 pm

We have a 50/50 Chance in Reality, but Really we should be Favourites with the Squad we have.

But My Opinion under Jones I have No Faith at all, but thats just My Opinion.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:35 pm

No, not a chance with Mr Jones in charge.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:58 pm

The reality is starting to hit most people is that we dont have a team spirit.

Sad but getting closer to the truth as each game passes us by, that is going to cost us this season.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Not unless our key players start performing and we need to keep Ramsey. Simple

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:57 pm

oscar thomas wrote:Will we, i just cant see it,42 years waiting

Maybe ;) ;) ;) ;)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:06 pm

I think we will, but hanging on to Rambo is not the answer, i thought it a huge mistake to bring him here for a month.
Class that he is, he was always going to leave a huge hole to fill when he departs, as well has other players nose's being put out, and then come back in and try to live up to Rambos standards??

At least we knew we got bellers for the season, but for me, rambos short stay here has caused to much expectation and distruption... already the cries are: if rambo leaves we got no chance???ffs

F--k with the C--k you got, not with one you would like..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 pm

up to the players if they want it bad enough they can do it we need somone there to give them a good kick in the arse when they start to slack off. on paper we got one of the best teams in the championship but on matchdays alot of the players dont give 100 percent bout time they thought of us fans and give us abit more entertainment rather than think of there big wages every month

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Not really, no. But all sorts of clubs have been in the Premiership / First Division in my lifetime, so why not us ?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Come the end of season we will be there have faith :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We have a 50/50 Chance in Reality, but Really we should be Favourites with the Squad we have.

The squad is not that great.

The real point is Jones was given virtually a blank sheet of paper and he filled it with a series of loan players, some of whom were either unfit or not good enough, and failed to strengthen the areas we were short on last season when they were needed ie pre season not in January.

A wasted opportunity.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:33 pm

No, we will probaly get beaten in a play-off semi final !!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:39 pm

no because if we don't pick up now until end of season burnley and Leicester could take the places of two clubs in play offs or going up wonder which two mite be.....

we need to unbeaten from now until end of season my opinion tho