Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ENJOYED TONIGHT and WE BEAT A QUALITY TEAM "

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:34 pm

" ENJOYED TONIGHT and WE BEAT A QUALITY TEAM "

We scored against the run of play, but then from then in it was Cardiff City's Night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

DJ even got his Substitutions Spot on :ayatollah:

WE NOW NEED A CARDIFF CITY TEAM TO BE CONSISTENT and WE WILL BEAT Hull C :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ramsey looks like he has hurt his hip again.

Ninian Stand Out Sung the Canton Stand Tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " ENJOYED TONIGHT and WE BEAT A QUALITY TEAM "

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:36 pm

that could be the defining point of the season for us .

great 3 points city against 1 of the best form sides in the division
:ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:37 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

How bad is Rambo's injury then ? Hope it's not too bad, otherwise some of his loan spell will have been hit by injury, which is a shame seeing as we've only got him for a month !

Great result tonight !

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 pm

well done lads, couple of questions...what was the atmosphere like and how many did leicester bring?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:well done lads, couple of questions...what was the atmosphere like and how many did leicester bring?

Much improved Atmosphere by us in the Ninian Stand, But hard work. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Looked about 900 Leicester at a guess.
Canton Stand poor tonight.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:well done lads, couple of questions...what was the atmosphere like and how many did leicester bring?

Much improved Atmosphere by us in the Ninian Stand, But hard work. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

happy days looks like both the fans and the players have regained their confidence...roll on saturday :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

happy days looks like both the fans and the players have regained their confidence...roll on saturday :ayatollah:

Some of the players clapped us at the end, Ramsey Clapped ALLL 4 SIDES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:49 pm

once a bluebird always a bluebird :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:once a bluebird always a bluebird :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:55 pm

McPhail is one other that always claps the fans and gives the impression that he is greatfull. :ayatollah:
Great win tonight, Onwards an Upwards!!! :D :ayatollah: :D

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Some of the players clapped us at the end, Ramsey Clapped ALLL 4 SIDES :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i thought that was because its his last home game back at his local club? i hope not anyway hope he can stay. dave jones on his interview said that ramsey isnt fit enough to go back to arsenal think thats just what he is hoping :)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

bluebirdcal wrote:McPhail is one other that always claps the fans and gives the impression that he is greatfull. :ayatollah:
Great win tonight, Onwards an Upwards!!! :D :ayatollah: :D

Yes he Does

ONWARDS and UPWARDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 pm

what a result, thought all round great performance, quinn, jet, chopra, mcnaughton, keinan, hudson, oli & eveb burke when he came on all superb!! :ayatollah:

but whitts was was shocking tonight!!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:01 pm

From Facebook

Michelle Evans, Dorian Cook, Nigel Jenkins and 9 others like this.
Agne Karlsson Well done Bluebirds!!!
17 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Martin Biddulph decent result that leicester going well
11 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Mike Touhey ‎3 unexpected points annis ....allways nice ..
11 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

Gary Pinkard Jonesy grew a pair of bollocks tonight. Some good substitutions changed the play. Leicester shit out at 1 nil.
9 minutes ago · Unlike · 2 people

Alan Summerhayes happy days, + preston done us favour
8 minutes ago · Unlike · 2 people

Anthony Chiplin Well done boys gutted i in work goin hull sat bluebirds bluebirds bluebirds bluebirds bluebirds
5 minutes ago · Like

Paul Lewis Yes!!! 4-3-3 is the way forward!!! Jones showed he has a plan a AND plan b!!!
4 minutes ago · Like

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

McPhail absolutely loves this club.

The support he got when he was going through Cancer treatments, means he will always hold Cardiff City in the highest regards.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm

I didn't agree with jones subs at the time but he got it spot on and for once was quick and decisive with his subs.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" ENJOYED TONIGHT and WE BEAT A QUALITY TEAM "

We scored against the run of play, but then from then in it was Cardiff City's Night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WE NOW NEED A CARDIFF CITY TEAM TO BE CONSISTENT and WE WILL BEAT Hull C :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Ninian Stand Out Sung the Canton Stand Tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We played better in the first half at Forest and lost, thats football it averages itself out over a season........

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Not so sure about that Annis! You were louder than usual tonight fair play, and we werent as loud under the lights as normal, I think we are all dumbfounded by the amazing technology of our dazzling new scoreboard! Oh, and next home game my mate wants a copy of Cardiff City fans through the Years as he is on the cover in A block and I am next to him but cut out!! :cry:

What are we gonna do about the ayatollah? Everyones quick enough to do it for the cameras outside or getting the players to do it but what about "everyone do the ayatollah!" en masse what a sight and what fun! Its fading and its hacking me off! :evil:

A great win tonight after feeling very nervous all day!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm

From Facebook

Mallo

Cardiff about time !

Position Team P GD PTS
Full Npower Championship table
1 QPR 33 33 64
2 Swansea 33 15 59
3 Cardiff 33 15 58
4 Nott'm Forest 32 16 57
5 Norwich 33 10 56
6 Leeds 33 10 54

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:58 pm

you cant take anythign away from leiecester, they are a good side with a very strong side and i think they will definately be in the play offs...but tonight we showed them up. now for a good run of wins and make our push for the auto's even stronger

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 am

tangledupinblue wrote:

Not so sure about that Annis! You were louder than usual tonight fair play, and we werent as loud under the lights as normal, I think we are all dumbfounded by the amazing technology of our dazzling new scoreboard! Oh, and next home game my mate wants a copy of Cardiff City fans through the Years as he is on the cover in A block and I am next to him but cut out!! :cry:

What are we gonna do about the ayatollah? Everyones quick enough to do it for the cameras outside or getting the players to do it but what about "everyone do the ayatollah!" en masse what a sight and what fun! Its fading and its hacking me off! :evil:

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

PM, me before the next home game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

PM, me before the next home game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will do :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:05 am

great result for you fair play and it was a good result for leeds too i might add..

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I was in the Premier Club tonight coz I is well posh and I thought both stands did well at times.

Problem was that both stands sang the same songs but out of sync!

You get a completely different perspective in the Prem where it's really quiet!

UP THE CITY!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 am

the atmos was much better tonight, helped quite a bit by a 5 minute part near the start where we pretty much didnt touch the ball. the fans roared the cardiff players on to press down liecester and try to win the ball back. and the tempo in the stands was quite high after that. reminded me a little like the liecester league match last season, although not quite as loud as then! lol

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:37 am

Leicester were Loud and kept singing even when 2 nil down, that also got the Ninian Stand singing a bit more.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:07 am

The thing I love is that we actually did learn from the Burnley game and closed the game out. Not sure if Jonesy's subs would have worked had we not got the second goal just before they were made but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say they were all spot on.

I think if teams come to us and play 4-5-1 we should adopt that second half 4-5-1 (into a 4-3-3) back.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm

From Facebook

Christian Bocky Moran cardiff hadto win last night they were under pressure jackarmy !
44 minutes ago · Like

Rhys Vaughan was a great game, canton stand was rocking in comparison to how its been lately... even the ninian, all them that sit in silence n bore the hell outa me... cud see them clapping and singing to barmy army etc... was buzzin, especially second half! onward n upwards!
26 minutes ago · Like

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm

From Facebook

Anthony Chiplin Forest result was class tha teach the smug bastards after sat !
17 hours ago · Like · 2 people

Wayne Dibs Anderson Every game like a final now on in
7 hours ago · Like · 1 person

Clifford Jones Yes, starting with Hull on Saturday. Can't believe the Jacks are now second, we outclassed them recently.
3 hours ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin If the players fail to get motivated dont show 100% from now on they dont deserve to start or wear the shirt win sat keep the faith bluebirds bluebirds bluebirds
3 hours ago · Like