Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Adam Matthews (Question From A Neutral)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:38 pm

Hello,

I'm not a Cardiff supporter but I would like to know what the situation is regarding Adam Matthews. He was a hot topic not so long ago and was very highly-touted. He was linked to Manchester United and Arsenal among others. Since then though he hasn't figured much for you, and I just would like to know why that is? Was he overrated, does he have a poor attitude (as far as you can tell), injury problems...?

Thanks a lot. :)

Re: Adam Matthews (Question From A Neutral)

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

basically he scored an own goal vs ispwich and both him and dave jones lost confidence. hes a good player though.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

DJ is not a fan of his, even chose Naylor to be on the bench tonight rather than Matthews.
The lad needs confidence and will shine, he wont get it from DJ, can see him def leaving come May.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:DJ is not a fan of his, even chose Naylor to be on the bench tonight rather than Matthews.
The lad needs confidence and will shine, he wont get it from DJ, can see him def leaving come May.

annis i think jonham000 is alex ferguson :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Serious natural ability but stuck behind a manager who doesn't like young players.

Simple

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 pm

krab wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:DJ is not a fan of his, even chose Naylor to be on the bench tonight rather than Matthews.

annis i think jonham000 is alex ferguson :D :D :D :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:47 pm

bakircioglu wrote:Serious natural ability but stuck behind a manager who doesn't like young players.

Simple

I had feared that might be the case. :(

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:54 pm

How come he featured 31 times last season though, and now suddenly he's out of the picture?

Thanks for the reponses.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:55 pm

as i said, jhe scored an own goal against ipswich and both him and dave jones lost confidence in him...unfortunately..its a pity hes got real talent

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:03 pm

I just don't think he is as good as people say, plenty of potential but thats all.
I have sent him out for the season myself.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I just don't think he is as good as people say, plenty of potential but thats all.
I have sent him out for the season myself.

i reckon he is but i agree that he needs to go out on loan cause jonesy atm is doing a cameron by not giving youngsters a chance.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm

bakircioglu wrote:Serious natural ability but stuck behind a manager who doesn't like young players.

Simple

Who messes up every game HE IS OVERRATED

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm

bakircioglu wrote:Serious lack of natural ability but stuck behind a manager who doesn't like young players.

Simple