Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A CLASS APART

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Yes, we won tonight and possibly should have scored more than we did. However, after watching the Newcastle v West Brom game last night I really dont think we are anywhere near the two of them. It was just like watching a premier league game. If the two of those dont go up then there is something wrong. The rest of the league will be competing for the play offs.

Sorry to take the credit away from City tonight but just wanted to share my feelings.

Come on city lets have another win on Saturday.

Re: A CLASS APART

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Have to agree with you there mate,we need new players,we have,nt played well for a while now,luck was on our side tonight.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:12 pm

How quickly you forget.

We spanked West Brom on their own turf.

And I mean spanked.

They were nowhere near us.

When we're on form we are easily the best side in this division, but our inconsistency makes us suffer. What can we do?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 pm

we're only half way through the season and that 2nd spot is still up for grabs

your more than capable of going on a run and i cant see Forest lasting the course.

West Brom are far from premiership quality,they're worse now than when they went down last year

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:17 pm

I take your point mate but surely their consistency makes them the top two teams in the division?

Good performances for us are becoming very few and far between. Until we get some new blood in I fear we will continue to lose form and position especially with our injury concerns mounting

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:17 pm

I am thinking as soon as everything "hanging" round the club is paid, sorted and cleared the players game will settle down - and that is when our game and attitude of the players will pick up!

said confidently :?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Blackjack, if anyone doesn't last the course imo it'll be West Brom. LIke us, I've no idea how they are where they are in the table. I hope those horrible Geordies drop like a stone too but I can't see it happening, the referees love them far too much.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Blackjack, if anyone doesn't last the course imo it'll be West Brom. LIke us, I've no idea how they are where they are in the table. I hope those horrible Geordies drop like a stone too but I can't see it happening, the referees love them far too much.

I agree Dave.I think we can forget about the Geordies as they are head and shoulders above the rest,and i dont think West Brom/di Matteo have the balls for a scrap and automatic promotion.Biases aside i think 2nd spot will be fought out between Forest,yourselves and Boro.

We'll be happy with 6th and a shot at the playoffs.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:46 pm

cardiffs best 11 are awesome on their day but we aint got the squad to push for automatic
Playoffs is the best we can hope for :ayatollah: