Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ever Since bothroyd played for england...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 am

Jay knew he had an outside chance of making the england squad with his early form in season drew himself alot of attention and when a childhood dream become a reality he started producing the best football of his life working his socks off week in week out... since his call unfortunately unless alot of strikers are injured he's unlikely to play for england again any time soon
could he be lacking the motivation to reproduce the superb form of 1st half of season and be suffering a hangover effect from not taking his chance,
thats my verdict on his drop in form , anyone agree :?
I'm sure he'l bounce back but last couple of games he hasn't been finding the net as much as anyone associated with the club would of liked

Re: Ever Since bothroyd played for england...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:22 am

his game has definately dropped, down to the level it was last season, which isnt bad but not really the highs of this year.

not sure its all down to the england call up though. he was injured for a good 5/6 weeks after that, and has apparently been ill as well this month. but i would still keep him in the first 11!! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:29 am

its surely a matter of right place at right time before he finds the net :ayatollah:
also if rambo played at forest we might of got a draw

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 am

didnt Darius Vassel also play for England ??? He was shite last nite ....... and Yakubu shud be Yak-ub- whoooooo :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:23 am

Probably right. I mean he will probably not get called up again and that was the pinnacle of his career, and with no Prem interest it must be hard being motivated. I'd drop him for a few games maybe