Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SING WHEN WE'RE WINNING "

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:22 am

Fair play to the Leicester fans last night, the way loud and showed us up, our atmosphere is falling apart weekly or should that be weakly.
Until someone else comes up with a better idea I am still convinced getting as many people together in the Canton is a waay forward and unless we try something radical it's just going to get worse and worse and we'll have a generation of fans who will never have witnessed a real atmosphere.

One thing that struck me last night was when they were singing to us "sing when your winning" they weren't far off the trust and perhaps we should reply and also back it up with "WIN, WHEN WE'RE SINGING, WE ALWAYS WIN WHEN WE'RE SINGING" :ayatollah:

Re: SING WHEN WE'RE WINNING

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 am

agreed,and yet again i got to ask,what happened to the "do the ayatollah grange end"or whatever stand,its all gone wrong down c.c.s. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:34 am

I know this is contraversial but do you think a lot of it could do with too many people being banned for silly things? Plus people don't like the hastle you get off the stewards down there. There was a group of lads from gabalfa who sat near me used to sing all the time but got pissed off with all the hastle they got from the stewards so don't bother no more. It was more like being at school than a football match. Says it all really!!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:49 am

An idea, move a singing section to 118. There are enough people there already who want to sing, just add to their numbers and the problem will be solved.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 am

BigGwynram wrote:Fair play to the Leicester fans last night, the way loud and showed us up, our atmosphere is falling apart weekly or should that be weakly.
Until someone else comes up with a better idea I am still convinced getting as many people together in the Canton is a waay forward and unless we try something radical it's just going to get worse and worse and we'll have a generation of fans who will never have witnessed a real atmosphere.

One thing that struck me last night was when they were singing to us "sing when your winning" they weren't far off the trust and perhaps we should reply and also back it up with "WIN, WHEN WE'RE SINGING, WE ALWAYS WIN WHEN WE'RE SINGING" :ayatollah:

Getting everyone grouped together as a "singing/standing" section is a great idea that I thought had widespread support , including at that recent meeting the club called with the various travel group reps. and others.

I thought Annis had also held some meetings with the club and was pushing hard on here to encourage everyone to swap their seats ASAP.

Has anything changed or is that campaign still pressing ahead?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 am

I have said it before and will repeat it again the atmosphere is nothing to do with the Stadium as the structure doesn't make a sound it is down to each and everyone of us fans to make a noise. The biggest problem we have is there are plenty of singers but they are dissipated all around the Stadium and this dilutes the atmosphere.

It is much easier for the Leicster Fans and most other away fans to make themselves heard as you have all like minded fans in the same area together which is exactly the same when we go away. The answer is definitely to get as many singers together as possible and personally i think this should be in Sections 116 and 117 of the Ninian Stand but if the Club will not allow this then the Canton Stand is the next best alternative :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I also agree with another poster that the Stewards are helping to kill the atmosphere and they need to have a more relaxed approach and by that i do not mean that they allow standing throughout the game but just cool down their draconian tactics :twisted:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:44 am

judging by the amount of " empty " seats in the Family Stand again last nite ........ why dont CCFC nxt season if we get promoted extend the away section thru there instead of moving 118 / 117 ?? :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 am

Vintage 63 wrote:judging by the amount of " empty " seats in the Family Stand again last nite ........ why dont CCFC nxt season if we get promoted extend the away section thru there instead of moving 118 / 117 ?? :ayatollah:

To be honest Martyn i thought the Club through Julian Jenkins originally intended in the event of promotion to increase the away area into the Family Section but they now seem to be reneging on this :?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 am

BigGwynram wrote:Fair play to the Leicester fans last night, the way loud and showed us up, our atmosphere is falling apart weekly or should that be weakly.

Gwyn, Sadly I could not agree more, a lot of our fans now sing once weve scored and dont sing until we score again. Cant stand it. They need to get behind the team for 90 mins.

Re: " SING WHEN WE'RE WINNING "

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:41 am

I thought the atmosphere was much improved yesterday compared to recent weeks. Nothing compared to how it should be but a vast improvement nonetheless.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 am

I think everyone is being a bit harsh on themselves; the atmosphere was very good last night.

I agree that singing is the best way of getting behind the team, however, roaring one of our counter attacks or simply growling at opposition players when they are in possession is a form of encouragement and plenty of that goes on without really being noted.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:52 am

BluBluBluArmy wrote:I thought the atmosphere was much improved yesterday compared to recent weeks. Nothing compared to how it should be but a vast improvement nonetheless.

We had to work hard last night to get people to sing, its tough :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think everyone is being a bit harsh on themselves; the atmosphere was very good last night.

I agree that singing is the best way of getting behind the team, however, roaring one of our counter attacks or simply growling at opposition players when they are in possession is a form of encouragement and plenty of that goes on without really being noted.

Tony

We had to work hard last night to get people to sing, its tough :lol: :ayatollah:

Honestly a lot of people look at us strange when we try and get people to sing.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think everyone is being a bit harsh on themselves; the atmosphere was very good last night.

Tony

Annis, As you probably know we sit about 7 rows behind you and last night tried to get a few songs going including 'Eriksson Eriksson what's the score' :lol: plus a few others but we were just getting strange looks from people around us and when i stood up at one point to join in the singing a guy across from me sitting next to the aisle was giving me evils and rolling his eyes but each to his own :roll:

Still think we need to make Blocks 116 and 117 the Singing Section but i think i'm pissing in the wind on this one however i do think as some other posters said that the atmosphere although not great was definitely better last night we just have to keep working at it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:07 am

blueheaven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tony

Annis, As you probably know we sit about 7 rows behind you and last night tried to get a few songs going including 'Eriksson Eriksson what's the score' :lol: plus a few others but we were just getting strange looks from people around us and when i stood up at one point to join in the singing a guy across from me sitting next to the aisle was giving me evils and rolling his eyes but each to his own :roll:

Still think we need to make Blocks 116 and 117 the Singing Section but i think i'm pissing in the wind on this one however i do think as some other posters said that the atmosphere although not great was definitely better last night we just have to keep working at it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree, we have some strange kind of fans around us, who dont like us cheering Our team on. I Believe though we can win the day and they should leave before us :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Tony

Annis just give them a strange look back ;)

Don't get me wrong I also don’t understand why fellow supporters would object to singing but there again why worry about them?

Just get on with your singing and ignore the miserable gits.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 am

Totally agreed atmosphere is dreadfull and i have give up on trying to get people sing hopefully when we go up this year and they make the away section bigger alot of the other fans will move because i will not be sitting down in116 then :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 pm

need to bring the grange end back

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:15 pm

I have booked to come down on 5th march against Ipswich. It will be my first game and I was wondering where is the best pub before the game for atmosphere?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Guess I was the only one but thought Leicester were pretty quiet :shock:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:21 pm

EdinburghLad wrote:I have booked to come down on 5th march against Ipswich. It will be my first game and I was wondering where is the best pub before the game for atmosphere?

THERES ONLY ONE " NINIAN PARK PUB " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:50 pm

We need the proper classic songs back, 'You're gonna get ya f*cking heads kicked in', 'Leicester sing, I dunno why, cos after the match, yer gonna die', You'll be floating down the Taff, You'll be floating down the Taff'.....agree?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Woudn't it be nice pre season if on CCFC official website they advertise a " Singing Section "or explain that its more likely to be more leniant towards crowd standing or singing ,so other fans have the choice whether this is what they want or wish to be part of before they purchase...

That should be the goal or aim of the trust or forum too ensure , that everybody at the ground knows what to expect before they purchase their tickets, rather than some plonker getting offended from others singing ,or stewards behaving like hitlers when they are only following instructions from above

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:25 pm

bluebirdy wrote:Woudn't it be nice pre season if on CCFC official website they advertise a " Singing Section "or explain that its more likely to be more leniant towards crowd standing or singing ,so other fans have the choice whether this is what they want or wish to be part of before they purchase...

That should be the goal or aim of the trust or forum too ensure , that everybody at the ground knows what to expect before they purchase their tickets, rather than some plonker getting offended from others singing ,or stewards behaving like hitlers when they are only following instructions from above

Yes I agree it would be. I reckon the Trust should arrange it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:39 pm

EdinburghLad wrote:I have booked to come down on 5th march against Ipswich. It will be my first game and I was wondering where is the best pub before the game for atmosphere?

There is quite a few of us starting the piss up early starting in the Centre you are more than welcome to join us. PM me if you are interested :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:58 pm

its the end of the world!!! :roll:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Tony

OK Crazy idea but here goes - in Ice Hockey especially in breaks , could be applied in corners or throw ins or injuries , could the DJ / anouncer not play the start of our songs on relay then the crowd join in anf finish them off , crazy idea or can this be implemented ??? :ugeek:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:54 pm

I sit in 114 & didnt think the Leicester fans were that vocal,admittedly we could be louder though.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 pm

I was on the train the other day coming home from work and a few blokes were talking about the idiots who keep standing in the Ninian stand and 1 of them said he had complained to the club.

I had to say that the lads standing and singing in the ninian are just trying to get the old atmosphere back but 1 bloke said that they didnt want the old Atmosphere back and that the supporters where he sits (wait for it) 116 117 and 118 are just hooligans and do not watch the game just look at the away supporters.

I asked him long he had supported City he told me all his life and seen them about 6 times before the new stadium was built I just laughed and walked away what was the point have an arguement with him.

So we can go on and on but with people like this complaing to the club about supporters standing and the FA rules regarding standing we are fighting a losing battle to be honest.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 pm

It'll be my first game at CCS on the 5th as well.

What would be the best stand to get tickets for? What do you guys recommend for a CCS virgin?

Thanks.