Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SING WHEN WE'RE WINNING "

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:31 pm

we need to adress something to the game commentator so he can make the whole stadium aware we want to form a section of the stadium to as he use to put.... ''make some noise and support the boys''

because although on the forums we want to do something were still not getting to a large section of fans.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:47 am

BigGwynram wrote:Fair play to the Leicester fans last night, the way loud and showed us up, our atmosphere is falling apart weekly or should that be weakly.
Until someone else comes up with a better idea I am still convinced getting as many people together in the Canton is a waay forward and unless we try something radical it's just going to get worse and worse and we'll have a generation of fans who will never have witnessed a real atmosphere.

One thing that struck me last night was when they were singing to us "sing when your winning" they weren't far off the trust and perhaps we should reply and also back it up with "WIN, WHEN WE'RE SINGING, WE ALWAYS WIN WHEN WE'RE SINGING" :ayatollah:

I love Cardiff City FC iv got Blue Blood in my veins since first game 1972. Next season no matter what devision we are in i'll try to do every away game, hopefully no less than 18, wich means I will sea the City play no less than 18

times, 0 at home. I feking loath CCS and all the pomp that goes with it, Ok times have changed and football has moved on, From the moment of entry with that computerized turnstyle its a downer for a start, but the way things have

developed at the City is feking larrrrrf-able, granted with new success comes new support but its obvious CCFC hasnt delt with this scinario wisely or with longterm fans in mind, We were there for the club when they needed us, or needed

our cash upfront and fannied us with Ambassador'ism and we all fell for it, My opinion is that all us Fans that Pre CCS always bought Grangend season tickets should have been catered for at the CCS, As the Grangend was as important to us

as the Kop is to Anfield. We Lost the Grangend befor and it took years to get it back propper (Thanks to Sam) He even put a roof on for us. Im set in my ways and right or rong cant except being told to Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh by new wave fans

when i join a chant, and as for putting away support next to the Home family stand is such a feking an egg chasing scenario it hurts, CCFC took the money from all types of Fan wether old school , new wave Fan or family fans and just

given us a seat No, Yes times have changed but not that Feking much, or has it? iv been slated of late for making a couple vids i made in regards to the scum on both MB's, Well i dont give a sh'te what anyone says or thinks I HATE

swansea city till I die, and anyone who slates me for it is a jack, not too long ago anyone who gave a cardiff fan stick for piss taking swansea would have been annhialated by all on either MB, Truth is the Goodie two shoes only away

game Wembley's have almost taken over the full caboodle, What CCFC need to realise is that suporters likes myself and the old school would still support the City even if the bubble burst, As it goes one of the originel sleeping Giants

(HOPEFULLY) is about to awaken, But i think the Club should remmember not to take our recent success for granted by forgeting those who were there when the Club needed us during the bad times 'real bad times and desperately bad times,

its a funny old game' one demotion and CCFC will need all the old school/ soul crew/ and undesierables cleverly renamed under the Ambassadors flag the Club can get. Hence' CCFC as far as i know has done Fekall or spoken out in regards to

some of the most unjust and rediculessly over the top sentences handed out to Cardiff Fans recently, Not too long ago there would have been a major outcry and support for those Guys from Club and Fans, not a couple of (Not happy) Quotes

on MB's. Next seaon id have spent £000s on whaching the City and not one peny of Mine will go to regime that in My opinion sh'te on Me (Us), (Familey Stand????.ha ha ha) Apart from one small section of CCS , The whole FEKING place is

the Family stand. And make no mistake,if Cardiff do hopefully go up, come may, All the old school/chanters and singers will be even less welcome than we are now.Theres loads of new stadia in the country and supporters still have they'r

former zones, But you get the feeling that you cant even celebrate a Cardiff goal like you used too at the CCS ffs, Narrrr''Its not for Me. Away games only for me next season, I CANT Type so ALL new wave college know it all Cardiff City

Professors crew let fly your remarks about my spelling and views at will. Diolch yn fawr iawn!!!!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:24 am

at times against leicester the whole ground got going. i hate that it does seem like we only sing when we're winning. i think gwyns idea that he posted a week or so ago ago was a very good idea and i would love to see it happen. some of the songs we sung at leicester last night were top class, very funny.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 pm

There are loads of examples all around Europe of fantastic supporters with flags, banners, scarves bouncing up and down and making loads of noise with a wide range of songs and chants......SADLY WE AINT ONE OF THEM!! We need:

1. MORE SONGS
2. MORE CHANTS
3. MORE FLAGS
4. MORE SCARVES
5. MORE BOUNCING

.....in other words MORE NOISE AND MORE COLOUR to make each matchday a spectacular event.

To achieve the above I feel that will take a lot of organisation, perhaps initially from a small group of City fans who have commitment and imagination, who are able to produce some ideas and follow them up with actions. If we can get a small group to come up with new songs and chants and perhaps in cooperation with the Club distribute blue flags (initially in the Canton) to be waved while bouncing/singing we will be able to start something that will ultimately spread to the rest of the stadium. Also the Club could provide flags in the family stand. A thousand or so flags being waved would at least make the family section look a bit fuller as it looks cr@p at the moment. Personally I think that it would be a good idea to encourage everyone to bring a spare City shirt which could be held up high while singing "the greatest team in football." If the whole of the Canton did this the effect would be spectacular as well as being unique to our Club. The shirts could also be waved around our heads during other songs and chants.

We definitely need to be trying out some new ideas as the way things are going we will start to lose some fans as I'm sure there are those who attend for the occasion and not just for the football. It would also be nice to see many of the players gesturing to the fans and urging us to increase the noise. This would be particularly relevant before corner kicks and attacking free kicks or when we are under a bit of pressure.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Another good debate Gwyn :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: