Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Echo man of the match

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:28 am

Just read the echo and they gave man of the match to jet, anyone disagree because I do, I think he's not strong enough and I also think for a quick lad he doesn't run at defenders enough, I know he's young and still learning but he has got potential, I'd much rather Burke to be honest, just my opinion, anyone agree or disagree???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Echo man of the match

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:09 am

He didn't deserve motm, but in fairness it was his best game as a bluebird, skinning their fullback for fun

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:13 am

I agree with the echo, jet was superb last night not quite man of the match for me I thought Ramsey shaded that but jet was excellent and strong as an ox came away from any tackles with the ball, burkey hasn't played well when he has started a game for months in my opinion

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 am

Valleybluebird wrote:Just read the echo and they gave man of the match to jet, anyone disagree because I do, I think he's not strong enough and I also think for a quick lad he doesn't run at defenders enough, I know he's young and still learning but he has got potential, I'd much rather Burke to be honest, just my opinion, anyone agree or disagree???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I wouldn't have given him motm (Oli or Ramsey ?) but I wouldn't necessarily prefer Burke because, until last night, Burke has contributed little this season :( However, there were signs from both last night that they were running into a bit of form which can only be good news :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 am

JET wasn't MOTM last night............he did ok but too many times, he was just ambling about as if he didn't care instead of busting a gut to join in an attack

The back four played very well last night and I'd go for McNaughton as MOTM

Burke - seems to look lively if he comes off the bench but very poor if he starts.......

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:59 am

McNaughton made a fantastic last minute challenge which stopped a Leicester goal at a crucial time. Hudson was brilliant again as well. I would have said any of the back four with Oli and Ramsey as close contenders. Not JET though. He looked better but drifted far too much. The Echo only gave it to him because they used their policy of 'who had the most goals or part to play in a goal?'.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:07 am

For me MOTM was going to Super Kev but his distribution was poor, so for me it has to go to Paul Quinn. He has really improved over the last couple of weeks :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:40 am

I think MARK HUDSON! deserved it. Kev was good but made quite a few mistakes and gave the ball away abit but HUDSON outmarked a premiership striker who scored 4 in his last 6 games prior to last nite. HUDSON was outstanding again and is finally showing his 1million we paid for him.

WELL DONE MARK HUDSON KEEP IT UP!! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:46 am

Who would have thought a few weeks ago that we would all be praising our defence? I think Hudson and Quinn's new found form, the addition of Keinan and ol' super Kev doing what he does will make a big diffarence to our promotion push.

Just as long as DJ keeps that TW@ Naylor out of the team

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 am

I would have gone for quinn or oli but as quinn played the ninty mins he shaded it for me ev :ayatollah: en though i thought mcnaughton was superb he gave a few silly back heels away. why cant oli play it simple like he did last night on a regular basis if he did we would win more games as comfortable as last night

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:12 am

A few difference of opinions is a good thing, shows we had an all around good performance. Another tough game Saturday and another performance Like that and it will be another deserved 3 points against an improved hull team. Cmon u mighty bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:17 am

JET's best game but not motm. He is gaining confidence though which is a good thing as he has the skills to be a match winner just needs games could be a big player for us in the run in