Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kevin McNaughton - The Best Full Back Ever?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:38 am

Is Kevin McNaughton the best full back we have ever had? In my living memory he certainly is but to be honest I wasn't born when we were in the higher divisions previously!

So what do you 'veterans' think? I am going to make a controversial claim and say yes, he is the best full back we have ever had. :D :ayatollah:

Re: Kevin McNaughton - The Best Full Back Ever?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:07 am

IMO he is.

We were discussing this last night and agreed that Super Kev never gives less than 100% effort and NEVER seems to fade out of a game in the way Whittingham/McPhail etc do.

Previously I thought Robbie James did an excellent job and going back even further Linden Jones was a right nutter.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:11 am

Yes - Cardiff legend already

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 am

I've watched Cardiff from the late 70,s Kevin McNaughton our best full back ever, YES . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 am

Normally I'd agree. But bad timing for me this question. Thought he was below his best last night. If Lee Naylor gave the ball way as often as Super Kev did last night then he'd be lucky to get out of the CCS alive!

Normally you're right though, Kev is immense and he never stops trying, even when not at his best! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 am

I think Macnaughton is the new Andy Legg. Cardiff ledgend in my eyes. Maybe my age speaking mind but Macnaughton is getting close to his status now :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:49 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:IMO he is.

We were discussing this last night and agreed that Super Kev never gives less than 100% effort and NEVER seems to fade out of a game in the way Whittingham/McPhail etc do.

Previously I thought Robbie James did an excellent job and going back even further Linden Jones was a right nutter.

Linden Jones hard as f**king nails he was :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:34 pm

I have a soft spot for Gary Bell as he was great when i first went to the City in the early 70's.

Super Kev is much better though and I definitely think he's the best I've seen in a City shirt.

My only small criticism of him is that his distribution is frequently poor. Apart from that the man is a true hero.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Gary Bell for me..........but Steve Sherlock runs him close :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Lindon Jones and Andy Legg are defo up there with the best, just for pure commitment

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:45 pm

The way he puts his neck on the line time and time again is amazing, I loved Leggy as well but both legends.