Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ & RAMSEY

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 am

I think that DJ has done extremely well in bringing Ramsey in during what on paper looked like a very tough month considering the form we were in prior to him coming. The games were against Reading, Jacks, Scun*horpe, Burnley, Forest and Leicester with Hull to come who are or were all, with the exception of Scun*horpe, above us in the form table which is probably the most accurate way of measuring how hard forthcoming games will be. Obvioulsy we are yet to play Hull but a draw or win will mean that Ramsey will leave undefeated during his loan spell which is DWWDLW? (didnt play at NF). Did DJ identify the last month as a tough month and realised we needed extra quality resources in the middle or did he get lucky?
The issue for me is that whilst Oli has looked a much better player with Ramsey alongside him Whitts has once again seemingly lost his way with poor performances, McPhail hasnt played much and anyone else who can play in the middle isnt of high enough quality to be able to take us in the Promised land!
DJ in my opinion needs to look for another loanee for the middle of the park of high quality quickly as whilst going forward we have an abundance of resources and at the back we seem settled and much improved with the current set up we wont be able to do much if we cant take control of or even compete in the middle of the park.

DJ - RAMSEY REPLACEMENT NEEDED........AND SOON!

Re: DJ & RAMSEY

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Dange wrote:I think that DJ has done extremely well in bringing Ramsey in during what on paper looked like a very tough month considering the form we were in prior to him coming. The games were against Reading, Jacks, Scun*horpe, Burnley, Forest and Leicester with Hull to come who are or were all, with the exception of Scun*horpe, above us in the form table which is probably the most accurate way of measuring how hard forthcoming games will be. Obvioulsy we are yet to play Hull but a draw or win will mean that Ramsey will leave undefeated during his loan spell which is DWWDLW? (didnt play at NF). Did DJ identify the last month as a tough month and realised we needed extra quality resources in the middle or did he get lucky?
The issue for me is that whilst Oli has looked a much better player with Ramsey alongside him Whitts has once again seemingly lost his way with poor performances, McPhail hasnt played much and anyone else who can play in the middle isnt of high enough quality to be able to take us in the Promised land!
DJ in my opinion needs to look for another loanee for the middle of the park of high quality quickly as whilst going forward we have an abundance of resources and at the back we seem settled and much improved with the current set up we wont be able to do much if we cant take control of or even compete in the middle of the park.

DJ - RAMSEY REPLACEMENT NEEDED........AND SOON!

Might also need one for Oli as well, as he's supposedly pulled a muscle behind his knee! :cry: :ayatollah: