Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Cardiff Blues fans view of our Stadium and atmosphere

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Mate of mine who follows the egg, went for the first time to the CCS and reported back that the Stadium was, in his words "Shit".

He said that the fans are too far away from the pitch and the ground dont do accoustics well, meaning any noise made gets lost. He suggested if the roof was lowered it might help.

If all the chanting fans got into the Canton stand the atmosphere would still be crap , because you need to hear the away fans for banter.

Its Cardiff City Jim, but not as i remeber it!

Re: A Cardiff Blues fans view of our Stadium and atmosphere

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 pm

all points very true, the banter is what creates a atmosphere.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:01 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:all points very true, the banter is what creates a atmosphere.

People forget the atmosphere in the Grange was good because they were right next to the away fans.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Mate of mine who follows the egg, went for the first time to the CCS and reported back that the Stadium was, in his words "Shit".

He said that the fans are too far away from the pitch and the ground dont do accoustics well, meaning any noise made gets lost. He suggested if the roof was lowered it might help.

If all the chanting fans got into the Canton stand the atmosphere would still be crap , because you need to hear the away fans for banter.

Its Cardiff City Jim, but not as i remeber it!

There is a purpose for the roof being so high. If needs be we can expand the stadium seating further back and higher, creating an extra 7-10k seats. Behind thence wall is a huge corrode that gies around the whole stadium.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Exuse the spelling, thats iPhones for ya.