Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whittingham CM?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:48 pm

He looked happy as larry playing in CM his work-rate was second to none.

Does anybody know his favored position? He was excellent today and a definate man of the match candidate... IMO

:ayatollah:

Re: Whittingham CM?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:51 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:He looked happy as larry playing in CM his work-rate was second to none.

Does anybody know his favored position? He was excellent today and a definate man of the match candidate... IMO

I'd play him there.

Last season I wouldnt have contemplated it, but this year his work-rate has gone up a notch and although he'll never be a Nobby Stiles he does seem to be putting some tackles in. We need a bit of class in there and whilst McPhail is out Whittingham should be given a chance.

SOme of his passes tonight were Premiership class.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Agreed, I thought he carried the team at times. Dictated play and certainly looked the opposite to his pale, passive character of last season! We should've done this a while ago though, moved Ledley back out left and brought Whitts inside!

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
NinianSHEEP wrote:He looked happy as larry playing in CM his work-rate was second to none.

I'd play him there.

Last season I wouldnt have contemplated it, but this year his work-rate has gone up a notch and although he'll never be a Nobby Stiles he does seem to be putting some tackles in. We need a bit of class in there and whilst McPhail is out Whittingham should be given a chance.

Couldnt agree more tim, my worry is his premiership quality. He is out of contract at the end of the season i believe, so why arent they getting him to put pen to paper?
All the emphasis is on joe ledly but tonight showed me how much of a quality gap between ledly and whittingham there actually is.

C'mon Peter/Dave sign this man up!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:59 pm

NinianSHEEP wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

I'd play him there.

Couldnt agree more tim, my worry is his premiership quality. He is out of contract at the end of the season i believe, so why arent they getting him to put pen to paper?
All the emphasis is on joe ledly but tonight showed me how much of a quality gap between ledly and whittingham there actually is.

C'mon Peter/Dave sign this man up!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I thought his contract was up, but others are saying he signed a 1-year extension 18 months ago and its not actually up until the end of NEXT season.

I though the reason he'd upped his game was the last year of his contract :lol:

Can anyone clarify this ?