Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve McPhail

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Can at least fill the gap Ramsey will leave on his return to Arsenal. He's a great player, obviously he's no Ramsey but at least we can take solace in knowing we're not going to be that hard done by. McPhail is a great passer of the ball, he proved how important he is to us last season when our average points per game when he played was over 2.0!

Anyone agree with me?

Re: Steve McPhail

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:07 pm

baker wrote:Can at least fill the gap Ramsey will leave on his return to Arsenal. He's a great player, obviously he's no Ramsey but at least we can take solace in knowing we're not going to be that hard done by. McPhail is a great passer of the ball, he proved how important he is to us last season when our average points per game when he played was over 2.0!

Anyone agree with me?

I think he struggles with the physical needs of the Championship and thats the problem for me, yes he can pass but only when he is given the freedom to do so. He hardly had a touch of the ball of Saturday and only got into the game when we went 4-5-1 last night.

Yes a quality player but right now we need players who can mix it up and for me he is not that type of player. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Yes I do.
Like you said to compare the two would be madness, they are totally different players and Ramsey isnt far off playing for one of the best teams in world football. We wont get anyone of Ramseys quality in so to replace him so thats a none starter.

However McPhail can fit into our system, he will get stuck in more than Ramsey even if tackling isnt his thing. McPhail can pass and does keep things ticking but we will lose that scoring threat. McPhail or Witts will move into the middle and both have played there for us and we have won many many games with them playing there

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:08 pm

No Disagree

Macphail needs to move on - he has had his chance

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:09 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:No Disagree

Disagree - class player !

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Move on? I'm not too sure about that one, he definitely fits the bill of the championship. He's a midfielder who isn't afraid to get stuck in, which is a great contrast to Peter Whittingham when he plays in the centre midfield role. It will be gutting when Ramsey goes back on Saturday, but, we could do worse than McPhail - a lot worse.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:No Disagree

Disagree - class player !

i agree he is class :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

steve mcphail imo should be captian no offence to bellers. :ayatollah: hes captained us before so i think he should