Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Im not Welsh but support Cardiff City thread

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Lets see how many of us are or know fans who support Cardiff city but are not Welsh or local. For example you have moved to Wales through Uni and started watching the city, maybe you moved here from another country and decided to follow the city, or you live overseas and thought thats the team for you !!! you get the idea to start us off my brother in law from Wigan originally married my sister and since 1990 is a Cardiff City fan , now has his children supporting the city and travels down from Worcester where he now lives to watch us several times a season :ayatollah: another supporter is my mate Jon who was an Oxford Utd season ticket holder but went to Cardiff Uni and stayed on and is now also down the city giving his support to Cardiff !!!! :ayatollah:

Re: Im not Welsh but support Cardiff City thread

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:50 pm

I am Welsh/Egyptian/English :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am Welsh/Egyptian/English :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

but live in newport :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 pm

ninianblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am Welsh/Egyptian/English :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

but live in newport :ayatollah: :lol:

:cry:

CARDIFF CAPITAL OF WALES :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 pm

Born England Welsh Father / Grancha / Nan followed the city about 36 years now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 pm

My Mrs is formally from the Midlands.

Villa fan growing up, but now she's Blue right through :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:19 pm

do you mean, how many immigrants , support cardiff :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 pm

I was born in Exeter and used to watch them, met a Cardiff girl and moved up here, lived right behind Ninian Park. Started going on my own as heard the crowd and love watching football. Loved it, got a season ticket season after on my own and been ever since, though no longer on my own!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Annis has said he got a Cardiff Code a CF code , christ you can buy anything on ebay now ! :ayatollah: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:31 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:Annis has said he got a Cardiff Code a CF code , christ you can buy anything on ebay now ! :ayatollah: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 pm

German born and bred...

...but when I dies I'll be Cardiff dead :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:40 pm

My wife is Filipino and we have friends also filipino who are over here in Uni but are Cardiff City fans,my wife loves the games and has a season ticket she also speaks a little welsh.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:04 pm

My father is English my mother is Welsh i was brought up in Hull with my father but have lived in Mountain Ash for 9 years now :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Born in england, lived there all my life.
Dad is from Cardiff and still have family in Penarth and Dinas Powys. Think he gave me the pride I have in my Welsh heritage.
Always support Wales whoever they are playing in any sport, especially against England!
Been a City fan for over 25 years and getting to games when I can with Luton bluebird. Been through the highs (1993 at S****thorpe and the Wembley trips) and the lows of all those relegations!!
Always loved following the City, always will!
BLUEBIRDS

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:10 pm

I'm Scottish but being following Cardiff for 18 years due to family reasons. I married a Welsh girl (sadly passed away 6 years ago) but still got lots of family in the Valleys. My 17 year old daughter also supports City. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Lets see how many of us are or know fans who support Cardiff city but are not Welsh or local. For example you have moved to Wales through Uni and started watching the city, maybe you moved here from another country and decided to follow the city, or you live overseas and thought thats the team for you !!! you get the idea to start us off my brother in law from Wigan originally married my sister and since 1990 is a Cardiff City fan , now has his children supporting the city and travels down from Worcester where he now lives to watch us several times a season :ayatollah: another supporter is my mate Jon who was an Oxford Utd season ticket holder but went to Cardiff Uni and stayed on and is now also down the city giving his support to Cardiff !!!! :ayatollah:

IM BRITISH NOT WELSH :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:37 pm

my old man is english but supports wales and cardiff. :lol:
at least did till he got banned,

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:11 am

When I was in Sydney two years ago, I was down on Bronte beach having a barbeque one evening with the family and happened to be wearing a city top, when a guy in his late twenties with his wife and young child walked up to us and starting talking about the Bluebirds last game.

He was an Aussie and had lived and worked in Cardiff for two years a few years back, (Cathedral Road). He went to a game just after he arrived in Cardiff, got hooked with the atmosphere at Ninian Park and never missed a home game when he was here, he said he also did a few away games.

We invited him and his family to join us, which they did, and we had a couple of beers talking about the city for a good hour or so, he was a real friendly guy and talked about the bluebirds with real passion and said he never missed any Cardiff games that were live on tv, whatever time of day or night they were being televised.

He had a very good knowledge of all the players and new more about the last city game than me at the time. It was a really nice feeling being the other side of the world and someone coming up to you and saying, " we're doing pretty well at the moment mate, do you think we'll get promotion?" in an Aussie accent.

Once a Bluebird always a Bluebird. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 pm

:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:30 pm

nobber wrote:When I was in Sydney two years ago, I was down on Bronte beach having a barbeque one evening with the family and happened to be wearing a city top, when a guy in his late twenties with his wife and young child walked up to us and starting talking about the Bluebirds last game.

He was an Aussie and had lived and worked in Cardiff for two years a few years back, (Cathedral Road). He went to a game just after he arrived in Cardiff, got hooked with the atmosphere at Ninian Park and never missed a home game when he was here, he said he also did a few away games.

We invited him and his family to join us, which they did, and we had a couple of beers talking about the city for a good hour or so, he was a real friendly guy and talked about the bluebirds with real passion and said he never missed any Cardiff games that were live on tv, whatever time of day or night they were being televised.

He had a very good knowledge of all the players and new more about the last city game than me at the time. It was a really nice feeling being the other side of the world and someone coming up to you and saying, " we're doing pretty well at the moment mate, do you think we'll get promotion?" in an Aussie accent.

Good little story that Nobber, I was almost at that barbee myself for a few seconds then. :D :D :D

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:41 pm

My girlfriends from North Devon and I think I've managed to convert her. She loved the Leeds game back at the start of January :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
nobber wrote:When I was in Sydney two years ago, I was down on Bronte beach having a barbeque one evening with the family and happened to be wearing a city top, when a guy in his late twenties with his wife and young child walked up to us and starting talking about the Bluebirds last game.

Good little story that Nobber, I was almost at that barbee myself for a few seconds then. :D :D :D

Now that I've met you Uncle Fester, it would be a pleasure to invite you to one. :D :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Born and grew up in Southampton, followed them until I moved to Cardiff in 1987 aged 30,met and married a Cardiff girl and started taking my stepson to Ninian Park to watch the City. Completely fell in love with and will follow until I die the only club that matters to me now, Cardiff City . Once they get into your heart it doesn't matter whether your English, Welsh or any other nationality they are there and will always be there. Terry. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:26 am

Great spot that down at Bronte! Just finishing work myself now so might even head down there for a swim. Water temp is about 24 degrees at the moment....

There do seem to be a few people I have met at Bluebirds Downunder gatherings who didn't actually grow up in Cardiff but have caught the bug (or curse ;) ) from living in Cardiff at some point or through a parent etc. There were a few who played for us when we had a game against Adrian Alston's (ex City and Socceroo) team in Woollongong.

Personally, I was born in Aus to English parents but moved to Cardiff aged 1 and have moved around quite a bit but am back in Sydney now.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 am

Yeah, Born in Epsom. Family are all Welsh apart from my dad (he's English with Irish routes), spent half my childhood at my nans in Trowbridge where I started going to city. Bizarrely with friends who are Arsenal plastics. Much to the disgust of my dad I firmly side with the heritage of my family and I support Wales in everything. Don't hate England though, that'll just be rude.

To be honest I probably consider myself British the most.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 am

My brother in law Rob [1927 club] not Welsh by birth, lives Reading now, big City fan [home & away], also follows Wales away.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:54 pm

i was born in hertfordshire and still live here, but my dad who is also english has supported cardiff since before i was born so since i was about 7-8 years old i would go to games with him whenever he would go and i just fell in live with city, and aint looked back since.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Welsh father and English mother. Bought up in Croydon, South London. Quite a few city fans around there mind. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 pm

im scouse . :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:08 pm

Well this hasn't happened yet but it will. I am a Cardiff boy (ELY :oops: ) but I now live in the Wirral (merseyside) with my mrs. Im finding my sense of belonging and national pride has intensified by about 10000% since moving and when we finally have kids they will be brought up on what it is to be welsh and to be a Cardiff fan....if im honest they have no option!