Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marseille Fans

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Atmosphere is unbelievable
Mad guy with megaphone gettin the crowd worked up
Is is true megaphones arent allowed in uk grounds?
The european way is something we need to look at to recreate our famous home support
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Marseille Fans

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 pm

cantonite wrote:Atmosphere is unbelievable
The european way is something we need to look at to recreate our famous home support

defo just go all foreign theyve clearly got the best atmosphers. cant answer the question tho :?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 am

you wouldnt say that if u live on the continent. ultras with their megaphones kill the atmosphere here...

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 am

Hofmeister wrote:

you wouldnt say that if u live on the continent. ultras with their megaphones kill the atmosphere here...

If u lived here buddy, ud realise theres no atmosphere at all dwn the city
I c some of the continental games and they r bouncing

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:04 pm

they dont have stewards and wayne nash that why :ayatollah:

and throwing missiles into the united section all through the game gutless french wankers

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Although they do get a bouncing atmosphere going with all their flags/chants/flares and so on. I find ultras quite embarrassing if im honest... :lol:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 pm

do european clubs have to follow the same crowd regulations as here in the uk? or do each F.A. have their own?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:10 pm

perko84 wrote:do european clubs have to follow the same crowd regulations as here in the uk? or do each F.A. have their own?

Much more laid back on the mainland, the fans are everything to football clubs in countries like Germany and Poland and Italy. Without them, the clubs would be nothing. Over here, due to television rights and all that, 100 fans could turn up to a united game and they'd still make a mint - so the fans mean nothing. That's why they don't have stupid restrictions put on them and are allowed to stand, shout into megaphones, have flares etc. We are well and truely fucked over here. We are just a source of income. Modern football sucks.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:29 pm

We talk about acoustics being poor, Marseille have no bloody ROOF! Enough said in my eyes.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:33 pm

cantonite wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:

If u lived here buddy, ud realise theres no atmosphere at all dwn the city
I c some of the continental games and they r bouncing

we all saw that coming with the new stadium, didnt we? ultras arent the solution, over here they hijacked the grounds for their thing. have a monotone singsong for 90 mins, with chants (not songs) who have feck all to do with game, and dont you dare to start or sing another song.
ultras are the reason why I dont go anymore.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:43 pm

there are loads of examples all around Europe of fantastic supporters with flags, banners, scarves bouncing up and down and making loads of noise with a wide range of songs and chants......SADLY WE AINT ONE OF THEM!! We need:

1. MORE SONGS
2. MORE CHANTS
3. MORE FLAGS
4. MORE SCARVES
5. MORE BOUNCING

.....in other words MORE NOISE AND MORE COLOUR

To achieve the above I feel that will take a lot of organisation, perhaps initially from a small group of City fans who have commitment and imagination, who are able to produce some ideas and follow them up with actions. If we can get a small group to come up with new songs and chants and perhaps in cooperation with the Club distribute blue flags (initially in the Canton) to be waved while bouncing/singing we will be able to start something that will ultimately spread to the rest of the stadium. Personally I think that it would be a good idea to encourage everyone to bring a spare City shirt which could be held up high while singing "the greatest team in football." If the whole of the Canton did this the effect would be spectacular as well as being unique to our Club. The shirts could also be waved around our heads during other songs and chants.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:07 pm

moonboots wrote:there are loads of examples all around Europe of fantastic supporters with flags, banners, scarves bouncing up and down and making loads of noise with a wide range of songs and chants......SADLY WE AINT ONE OF THEM!! We need:

1. MORE SONGS
2. MORE CHANTS
3. MORE FLAGS
4. MORE SCARVES
5. MORE BOUNCING

To achieve the above I feel that will take a lot of organisation, perhaps initially from a small group of City fans who have commitment and imagination, who are able to produce some ideas and follow them up with actions. If we can get a small group to come up with new songs and chants and perhaps in cooperation with the Club distribute blue flags (initially in the Canton) to be waved while bouncing/singing we will be able to start something that will ultimately spread to the rest of the stadium. Personally I think that it would be a good idea to encourage everyone to bring a spare City shirt which could be held up high while singing "the greatest team in football." If the whole of the Canton did this the effect would be spectacular as well as being unique to our Club. The shirts could also be waved around our heads during other songs and chants.

i'd be up for that if people get a group together :ayatollah: i'd join and give my ideas and help :ayatollah: im sure many other would to :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 pm

moonboots wrote:there are loads of examples all around Europe of fantastic supporters with flags, banners, scarves bouncing up and down and making loads of noise with a wide range of songs and chants......SADLY WE AINT ONE OF THEM!! We need:

1. MORE SONGS
2. MORE CHANTS
3. MORE FLAGS
4. MORE SCARVES
5. MORE BOUNCING

but whos gonna do it ! il be hundred percent behind any city fan who does anything to make the atmos beter