Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THE CANTON AS ROSEY AS YOU ALL CLAIM?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:54 pm

As I mentioned elsewhere, my parents got seats there for last nights match with a view to moving there permanently - and got seats in row r of 105, which I'm sure I am not alone in thinking would be a safe bet for standing.

Unfortunately, many many people around them were sitting and so they couldnt stand - so anyone wishing to move to the canton to stand, please be careful.

Re: IS THE CANTON AS ROSEY AS YOU ALL CLAIM?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 pm

im not moving to canton jus moving further back in block 116. sick of getting wet in the rain sick of people not hearing me when i start chants sick of the negative blokes behind me who call everyone of our players lazy c***s sick of dai hunt getting closer. sick of the steward telling me to sit down when cardiff got a corner at the canton end.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Sounds exactly like where I sit :(

I'm sick of starting chants on my own, and more people snickering and belittleing me than actually joining in.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Sounds exactly like where I sit :(

I'm sick of starting chants on my own, and more people snickering and belittleing me than actually joining in.

u sit behind fish dont u?
im rite in the middle of 116 row d

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Yeah mate. I've seen you a few times singing your heart out. The ones over from you on my side of 116 are a shambles though. I wish I could afford to move back a bit. Keep convincing myself I can, then I look at the price list.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 pm

I've relocated from 118 to 106 but I'm now having second thoughts as i thought we were louder than the Canton last night and from were i was standing i thought it was fairly quiet over the Canton stand i may decide to move to 116 if there's room :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 pm

I am in V of 105, from T backwards its all standing, they do sit however down the front

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 pm

ccfcninian wrote:

I've relocated from 118 to 106 but I'm now having second thoughts as i thought we were louder than the Canton last night and from were i was standing i thought it was fairly quiet over the Canton stand i may decide to move to 116 if there's room :ayatollah:

THERE IS ROOM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 pm

I am going to find a way to get the money for 116 (as long as there is room) I think, even if I have to sell myself to a blind man.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I am going to find a way to get the money for 116 (as long as there is room) I think, even if I have to sell myself to a blind man.

:lol:
Come and join us over here :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm in 107 row x. All standing and atmosphere ok there. Great view aswell. Used to be in 105 which all was sitting and poor. Also allways dry

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 pm

the only people the canton stand sounds loud to is the people in the canton itself.
i was there last season stay by the away fans i beg u :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I am going to find a way to get the money for 116 (as long as there is room) I think, even if I have to sell myself to a blind man.

:lol:
Come and join us over here :ayatollah:

Annis, I will if those 2 seats come to fruition

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:10 am

Message to the Club make 116 & 117 of the Ninian Stand the Singing Section please :old:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 am

blueheaven wrote:Message to the Club make 116 & 117 of the Ninian Stand the Singing Section please :old:

they wont the club will just try and mug people off and get them into the canton which in the end will make the atmosphere very boring...

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 am

GarethGardner wrote:I'm in 107 row x. All standing and atmosphere ok there. Great view aswell. Used to be in 105 which all was sitting and poor. Also allways dry

im in 107 row w seat number 625 whats your seat number :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:26 am

I'm in Q 106 and haven't sat for a game once. Will admit there are a lot of people who seam to be a little mute to say the least.

I feel a chant coming on

COME AND JOIN US COME AND JOIN US COME AND JOIN US OVER 'EAR
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:33 am

I'm sat in row V and we're pretty much the 2nd or 3rd row standing. Everyone in front sits but there's so many seats which aren't season ticket holders in front of us. From row V backwards it's standing all the way and fair play to the stewards, despite having to sort out the odd prick who gets too boisterous they don't ask us to sit down at all.

I love the Canton Stand, especially where I sit. There's me, my brother, my mate, a big group of family by us and some witty blokes sat behind us. Not sure who they are but the one bloke has a habit of shouting 'stop the cross!' and always comes out with some funny quips every game. His best are when he makes a sarcastic comment about a player's bad touch.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm in canton stand and went over to ninian for the Stoke game I think it was 115 not sure though, but I was in line with halfway, never again though Cardiff were on attack in first couple of minutes only got up a little off my seat no more than 8 inches and some d***h**d just pulled me down by the back of my coat. He was lucky I took my old man with me or I wouldve smacked him, he only had to say ask me not to get up and I wouldn't hav. My point is that I'll never sit in ninian stand again, canton till I die 105. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 pm

blueheaven wrote:Message to the Club make 116 & 117 of the Ninian Stand the Singing Section please :old:

THIS IS THE WAY FORWARD... FORGET THE CANTON STAND IT IS DEAD EXCEPT FOR THE FIRST 5 MINS. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

a horse with no name wrote:im not moving to canton jus moving further back in block 116. sick of getting wet in the rain sick of people not hearing me when i start chants sick of the negative blokes behind me who call everyone of our players lazy c***s sick of dai hunt getting closer. sick of the steward telling me to sit down when cardiff got a corner at the canton end.

What row are you in now?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:52 pm

we,re in 106 row s, great view good atmosphere, good company around us, more and more people standing in the lower seats now