Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Singing Debate

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 am

I think it's important that we get the atmosphere going again in the CCS and we all get behind the team.

But people need to realise that just because some fans choose not to sing, it dont mean theyre not "proper fans".

I know some fellas who have hardly missed a City home game in about 40 odd years, yet at the games are quiet and dont bounce around giving it large for 90 mins.

Moving everyone to the Canton seems to be the best idea so far.

Re: Singing Debate

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:31 pm

cs_original wrote:I think it's important that we get the atmosphere going again in the CCS and we all get behind the team.

But people need to realise that just because some fans choose not to sing, it dont mean theyre not "proper fans".

I know some fellas who have hardly missed a City home game in about 40 odd years, yet at the games are quiet and dont bounce around giving it large for 90 mins.
Moving everyone to the Canton seems to be the best idea so far.

I genuinely cannot see the point of going and not supporting the team :?:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:56 pm

i dont know if this has been bought up before but can you remember the crowd for the home playoff leg at leicester? what an amazing night. and when you think of it didnt we get to fill half of wembley to? i guess what i am saying is why cant we reproduce an atmosphere like that of leicester every game from now on? the fans are there, ok mainly plastic but they are there and can contribute to the atmosphere. do you know fans like this? and what do they say to you about only turning up for big games. being in the position we are so close to the top flight dont you think at least three of the four stands should be full i say three because i dont incude the higher grandstand. can we make ccs a fortress? yes but will we? i dont think so

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:15 pm

I'd say the atmosphere's here last year against Leicester playoff and Swansea at home were great and better than most atmosphere's I ever experienced at Ninian Park, which proves it can be done there. But oddly, I don't think we've ever matched those atmosphere's since at CCS.

Been reading the atmosphere/seating arrangement arguments on here for a while now and it drives me crazy! It's like a mixture of health & Safety gone mad and probably older supporters of the club expecting a bit more from the newer lot of supporters who have caught on since the recent successes like the FA Cup run and promotion push. I think really that most people have to settle on what they've got and make the most of it if im honest. Because you can't force fans to sing, just like you can't change the minds of the idiots who control football in this country.

I'm still pretty convinced that if I gave a monkey a type writer he could work out a seating arrangement that made sense to everyone within like a week! :lol: Posh/rich types in the center blocks, the eldery, families, disabled etc with seating across the rest of the lengths of the pitch, then standing behind goals, one end Away fans, the other Home fans. I think that would shut most people up. It would improve the atmosphere a bit as the lively opposing fans would be facing each other and singing (but still far enough away from each other to have coin throwing contests), the quiet seated fans would have their seats, the louder standers could stand, singing would echo around the ground from both ends (even if it was opposing songs) and everyone would be f*cking happy! :lol:

I'm sure someone or other can still twist some kind of Hillsborough/Bradford fire argument to even flaw that though. It'll forever piss me off until I get so annoyed by it that I give up... rant over. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:33 pm

mcmurdo you have said what i wanted to say only better :D i just dont understand the stay away fans and why the fans who dont sing, dont sing. i have only been to about half of the home games this season either because of family or financial commitments.i usually sit in the ninian because i like the view but hate the atmosphere would like to get up and start singing but would be the only one and feel like a right tit :lol: at the leicester game i went to the canton stand booth and asked for a ticket expecting to be in the main group of singing fans but was sat in the corner between the canton and ninian a few blocks over from the main atmosphere. was still dissapointed only time anyone stood was when we scored. next game will ask for a ticket right behind the goals.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:46 pm

I thought the atmosphere at Wembley for the playoff was pretty crap though if im honest, in comparison to the atmosphere we made at the cup final anyway. Largely because I don't think we really expected to win the cup as much as we did think we could beat Blackpool. Less nervy if you get me. That's another problem about the atmosphere in my humble opinion for this season. A lot is riding on if we get promoted or not (because I doubt very much we'll have a better chance again) and that pressure and stress on the fans who just want to succeed stops them from singing a lot with the performances the team have been putting in this season. There are loads of different factors really, I don't think the fans are so much to blame...

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 pm

McMurdo wrote:I thought the atmosphere at Wembley for the playoff was pretty crap though if im honest, in comparison to the atmosphere we made at the cup final anyway. Largely because I don't think we really expected to win the cup as much as we did think we could beat Blackpool. Less nervy if you get me. That's another problem about the atmosphere in my humble opinion for this season. A lot is riding on if we get promoted or not (because I doubt very much we'll have a better chance again) and that pressure and stress on the fans who just want to succeed stops them from singing a lot with the performances the team have been putting in this season. There are loads of different factors really, I don't think the fans are so much to blame...

Good post, that was exactly how the play off Final was, and regarding atmosphere at the CCS, it will never be noisy every game....I got mates who have been going to United for 30 plus years, and there's only 3 or 4 games a season max where Old Trafford will be rocking (Liverpool, Man City, and one or two European games), unless we have a big Cup tie or Derby games, I'm afraid Barnsley, Scunthorpe, and your Watford's will always be boring in this new ground....I think fairplay to the people who are trying to get something going, but a couple of hundred more people going into the Canton won't work for me...Our fans need to sort our songs out first, cos they are rubbish.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Glad someone agreed. :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:51 pm

i dont think u support your team unless u sing simple as

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 pm

16silverhillbobbank wrote:i dont think u support your team unless u sing simple as

That's a bit discriminate against mutes pal. :lol:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:33 pm

McMurdo wrote:
16silverhillbobbank wrote:i dont think u support your team unless u sing simple as

That's a bit discriminate against mutes pal. :lol:

hahahahahahahaha

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:39 pm

What no-one ever mentions is that 'brilliant' atmosphere against Leciester in the PO Semi, only really started after Whittingham scored our second from the penalty spot. In all honesty I can remember it being rather quite until Chopra fell over in the box.

The truth is the REALLY best atmospheres are a result of either scoring loads of goals or winning important matches. That's not having a go at anyone just stating the obvious which happens at just about every club.