Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"Sit down you f**kin tosser"

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Shouted time and time again at me in the Ninian stand halfway line. My first time there as I am a season ticket holder in the Canton where I always stand. Wasnt as if I was standing all game, just in the action moments if you know what I mean. possibly an egger, as he was decked out in blues gear. Looked great over near the segragation wish I was over there tonight, it was like a cinema where I was. Back to the Canton end singers for me then. MAY think about moving near the segragation next season :ayatollah: where theres lots standing and getting RIGHT behind our team.

Re: "Sit down you f**kin tosser"

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:43 pm

I was in the Ninian Stand next to the away fans and at the start of the game we got told to sit down, everyone sat down and 2 secs later we started singing STAND UP IF YOU HATE SWANSEA then everyone stood up again. Was quite funny :lol: I ahte sitting down at matches. Was good in the Ninian Stand at the bottom (E24). Good atmosphere :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:50 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Shouted time and time again at me in the Ninian stand halfway line. My first time there as I am a season ticket holder in the Canton where I always stand.

This may seem an astonishing revelation to you, but maybe (just maybe) the people sat behind you in the Ninian Stand this evening had paid £20 to see the game as opposed to your backside.

Shocking, huh?

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:56 pm

season ticket holder in the canton, went in the ninian today, up against segregation, was much better than listening the same old songs being sung eg, you are my cardiff,followed by and its cardiff city.............repeated over and over for 90mins. good atmosphere and banter made by a piss poor turnout....... LOYAL SUPPORTERS!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:58 pm

milly44 wrote:season ticket holder in the canton, went in the ninian today, up against segregation, was much better than listening the same old songs being sung eg, you are my cardiff,followed by and its cardiff city.............repeated over and over for 90mins. good atmosphere and banter made by a piss poor turnout....... LOYAL SUPPORTERS!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im a season ticket holder in the ninian stand, and the atmosphere is always good. :D

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 am

I believe we should ask Borley to make E24 a all singing, sitting (if you want to), standing (if you want to) block. With a warning before you buy a ticket that people will be singing and standing in this area and if you just want to sit and watch the game please book in a different block. That way everybodys happy and we can make the most noise as close to the away support as we can. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:41 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:Shouted time and time again at me in the Ninian stand halfway line. My first time there as I am a season ticket holder in the Canton where I always stand.

This may seem an astonishing revelation to you, but maybe (just maybe) the people sat behind you in the Ninian Stand this evening had paid £20 to see the game as opposed to your backside.

Shocking, huh?

I wasnt standing I was getting out of my seat in the action moments. Name calling your own, pretty pathetic. An astonishing revelation is that this was a sporting event with spectators getting behind their team. If I was constantly standing fair comment

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:41 am

ackers1927 wrote:I believe we should ask Borley to make E24 a all singing, sitting (if you want to), standing (if you want to) block. With a warning before you buy a ticket that people will be singing and standing in this area and if you just want to sit and watch the game please book in a different block. That way everybodys happy and we can make the most noise as close to the away support as we can. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great idea

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:45 am

tangledupinblue wrote:Shouted time and time again at me in the Ninian stand halfway line. My first time there as I am a season ticket holder in the Canton where I always stand. Wasnt as if I was standing all game, just in the action moments if you know what I mean. possibly an egger, as he was decked out in blues gear. Looked great over near the segragation wish I was over there tonight, it was like a cinema where I was. Back to the Canton end singers for me then. MAY think about moving near the segragation next season :ayatollah: where theres lots standing and getting RIGHT behind our team.

I have a season ticket there. Full of Ex-Grandstands. They seem to just sit down and hate singing. Everytime we attack all you hear when people stand up all you hear is SIT DOWN!!!! then more stand up just to f**k some of them off :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 am

tangledupinblue wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

Shocking, huh?

I wasnt standing I was getting out of my seat in the action moments. Name calling your own, pretty pathetic. An astonishing revelation is that this was a sporting event with spectators getting behind their team. If I was constantly standing fair comment

I know what you mean. There's a fella behind me who does the same. It's fairly pointless, because even if I sat down he'd still not be able to see because the people in front of me are standing. I started off turning to him and just saying 'no', but now I just ignore him.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:15 am

They are ruining it, the stewards told me they are really are on our side, but Wayne Nash kept giving the orders lol, but not to the Worzels lol.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:

Shocking, huh?

sniper

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:56 am

I can see why some people might be annoyed with people standing in areas outside of the Canton Stand and near the segregation because they pay for a seat. Personally, I couldn't sit all game. My feet get itchy, I twitch with some kind of nervous epilepsy and I get rowdy when something happens on the pitch.

Saying that, I think we need to remember we don't know everyone's individual situation. Some people might not be able to stand due to body problems. However, if ever I went to a match and I had a dodgy toe or something I just moved to a spare seat where people weren't standing. I remember tearing my ankle ligaments and when I went to the Cardiff game I just moved to the front.