Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T BREDBURY HALL STOCKPORT

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Hello Guys and Girls, Anybody been to the Infamous Bredbury Hall, Looking to book my mates stag do the weekend of the Burnley Game there as he doesn't have the cash to go abroad.Any reviews would be greatly received.
Thanks very much

Lee :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: O/T BREDBURY HALL STOCKPORT

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:01 pm

The last time I stayed there was about 7 years ago , after playing rugby up there , so i can only tell you what it was like then , and it was brilliant ! :old:

As an hotel it`s great . Massive rooms, huge beds, luxury , but I reckon you`re more interested in what happens later ? :D
From what I remember there`s a couple of bars , and around 10.00 pm these start to get really full. They have a disco in what is loads of adjoining rooms , and everyone heads in there , from memory , this goes on `til about 2.00, and then only residents and their `guests` can carry on drinking throughout the night in the bars, and most of the younger , single blokes in our group of about 30 were not short of female `guests` for the night .
One word of warning though , they had a policy about visible tatoos , and that was you couldn`t even get in the place with em, one of our lads had tatoos on his fingers , and they wouldn`t let him book in to stay , he`d got a room reserved , the lot , but they made him stay at a travel lodge . It was long sleeved shirts for anyone else with tatoos or you`re out.
Enjoy your stay ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Pete wrote:The last time I stayed there was about 7 years ago , after playing rugby up there , so i can only tell you what it was like then , and it was brilliant ! :old:

As an hotel it`s great . Massive rooms, huge beds, luxury , but I reckon you`re more interested in what happens later ? :D
From what I remember there`s a couple of bars , and around 10.00 pm these start to get really full. They have a disco in what is loads of adjoining rooms , and everyone heads in there , from memory , this goes on `til about 2.00, and then only residents and their `guests` can carry on drinking throughout the night in the bars, and most of the younger , single blokes in our group of about 30 were not short of female `guests` for the night .
One word of warning though , they had a policy about visible tatoos , and that was you couldn`t even get in the place with em, one of our lads had tatoos on his fingers , and they wouldn`t let him book in to stay , he`d got a room reserved , the lot , but they made him stay at a travel lodge . It was long sleeved shirts for anyone else with tatoos or you`re out.
Enjoy your stay ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks for your help Pete :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Stayed here in November for a work conference. Bang on for a lads weekend. Firstly full of blokes until night time and the place got rammed. Agrred with earlier post no problem to find women either if that is what you guys are looking for. All in all a completely bizarre place but great fun!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Disney land for adults :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:22 pm

LMFAO

I worked for a company in Bredbury & used to stay there twice a month for over 3 years

What a class knocking shop

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Hello Guys and Girls, Anybody been to the Infamous Bredbury Hall, Looking to book my mates stag do the weekend of the Burnley Game there as he doesn't have the cash to go abroad.Any reviews would be greatly received.
Thanks very much

Went there 25 years ago with Llantwit Fardre fc end of season piss up. Had a great long weekend there,was single at the time and it was like everything you've heard :D .Went to Maine Rd on the Saturday and watched Man City v Forest in the old 1st division and on the \sunday we went to some pub in Manchester where they had organised a comedian and stripper.Great Weekend :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Stayed there about 5 years ago for a works conference. Best place I have stayed in for all the works conferences I have been too. Definitely recommend it.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:57 am

aber blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:Hello Guys and Girls, Anybody been to the Infamous Bredbury Hall, Looking to book my mates stag do the weekend of the Burnley Game there as he doesn't have the cash to go abroad.Any reviews would be greatly received.
Thanks very much

Went there 25 years ago with Llantwit Fardre fc end of season piss up. Had a great long weekend there,was single at the time and it was like everything you've heard :D .Went to Maine Rd on the Saturday and watched Man City v Forest in the old 1st division and on the \sunday we went to some pub in Manchester where they had organised a comedian and stripper.Great Weekend :ayatollah:

I was on that very trip Aber. Des Walker was playing for Forest if I recall correctly.

Great place in those days but no idea what it is like now.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 am

Des Jargo wrote:
aber blue wrote:
Thanks very much

I was on that very trip Aber. Des Walker was playing for Forest if I recall correctly.

Great place in those days but no idea what it is like now.

Can't remember who was playing for who but if it's anything like it was then it's a great weekend away..