Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

has the stadium grown on you in the 2 seasons

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:40 pm

alas for me im sad to say no,thou i have started talking to more people,but i just dont enjoy it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: has the stadium grown on you in the 2 seasons

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:44 pm

not really :(

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:44 pm

I'm loving it, seriously even though my first game was at NP in 1966 I don't mis the old girl and I love our new stadium. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I'm loving it, seriously even though my first game was at NP in 1966 I don't mis the old girl and I love our new stadium. :ayatollah:

honestly,you miss nothing at N.P,i bet you got some good stories buried there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Love it, The club moved with the times so did I :ayatollah: Obviously can see why some do not like it there

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:00 pm

love the new stadium.. pity we coudnt have left wayne nash at ninian though lol :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:29 pm

I quite like the new stadium, just dont like the negativety amongst our bigger crowds.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:35 pm

No got Worse Kevin.
But I am Determined to Make THE NINIAN STAND BY OUR SECTION have a GREAT ATMOSPHERE and I WONT NEED OTHER PEOPLES PERMISSION :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

NO CHARACTER/NO SOUL

Flat Pack Ikea.

AND SHARED WITH EGG HEADS :evil:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:37 pm

LUV IT!!!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Not really just Gout!! :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Not really just Gout!! :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:41 pm

The Stadium is fantastic its the Clowns that are running it is the Problem. The Stadium could have a cracking atmosphere but it is being strangled. Get Sam back and put him in charge of Atmosphere. We are becoming a laughing stock amongst the away support as they come here to sample our famous atmosphere and they are confronted by a Graveyard :cry:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Love the family stand. I'm not too sure about the Ninian stand due ot the lack of atmosphere there. Hopefully that will change over the next season. The amenities are good although the prices are high and the queues can be long. Personally I think the overall setup can get better and hopefully will do over the next couple of seasons.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:44 pm

I don't like it one bit, cheap and nasty...the only two positves are, my mates go there and it serves beer.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Its cleaner, bigger and shitter

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:46 pm

the only thing that the new staduim has grown on me is my debt :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:23 pm

I might sound like a pussy but I just wish it wasn't as cold as well. Some nights it feels like Boundary Park! I do like it mind and have gotten familiar with those around me plus my mate joined us this year. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Liked it from the start, wish they paved the concourse area though. Tarmack floor looks terrible.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 pm

krab wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:I'm loving it, seriously even though my first game was at NP in 1966 I don't mis the old girl and I love our new stadium. :ayatollah:

honestly,you miss nothing at N.P,i bet you got some good stories buried there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I look on it a bit like I look at life, loads of memories there, spent a huge part of my life there, my God I have several mates ashes buried there but life goes on and moves forward, no regrets and keep moving forward, I have dreamed about the new stadium for years and at times thought it would never happen, I for one am not disappointed.

You can cherish your memories but you can't relive them, that is why you should always make the most of now, because now soon becomes then, and is just a memory. You can't live in the past no matter how good or bad it was.:ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:43 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
krab wrote:

I look on it a bit like I look at life, loads of memories there, spent a huge part of my life there, my God I have several mates ashes buried there but life goes on and moves forward, no regrets and keep moving forward, I have dreamed about the new stadium for years and at times thought it would never happen, I for one am not disappointed.

You can cherish your memories but you can't relive them, that is why you should always make the most of now, because now soon becomes then, and is just a memory. You can't live in the past no matter how good or bad it was.:ayatollah:

Wise words Gwyn, very wise words. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:05 am

Nuclearblue wrote:The Stadium is fantastic its the Clowns that are running it is the Problem. The Stadium could have a cracking atmosphere but it is being strangled. Get Sam back and put him in charge of Atmosphere. We are becoming a laughing stock amongst the away support as they come here to sample our famous atmosphere and they are confronted by a Graveyard :cry:

We are not a laughing stock. most stadiums are like graveyards these days.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:30 am

I miss Ninian Park but our new Stadium has much better facilities just compare the bogs with Ninian Park :D We had to move for the Club to grow and move forward and if it wasn't for Ridsdale and his mismanagement we could be earning serious money from the Stadium and should do in future,

The one thing that the new stadium as solved is the stupid confrontation we used to have out on Sloper Road when a load of chavs from each side would bounce up and down outside and threaten each other while costing the Club a fortune in policing costs. Never mind what you think of the Stadium you would have to agree we could never have had a police free game at Ninian Park :(

As Gwyn said life moves on and this is the here and now and we have to embrace it and enjoy it and make it ours :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:30 am

The Stadium isn't N.P... It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out! You're never going to get that sheer hostility ever again.....those types of stadia that create that atmosphere are gone in UK top leagues. I personally like the stadium, whats not to like other than some individuality that could be added. I believe it has not hindered the atmosphere at all...the fans have. There are no excuses, I watched Marseille hit unbelievable volumes the other day in the champions league and their stadium is roofless! IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!! Simples.

That being said the fans are still in a transitional period and iv'e seen some constructive threads this season as how to improve it for next season. We must make sure we follow through and organise a singing stand or whatever the idea is. If we don't get a atmosphere up and running I fear the new generation of supporters wont even know how to sing for the lads or even think it strange and embarrassing!!??!! You laugh now! Cardiff are known for being a crowd with a personality, passion, pride. I hope we don't have a crowd without these important factors, its what makes the stadium.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:18 am

BigGwynram wrote:
krab wrote:

well said,and genuinely from the heart :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:04 am

surely people cant miss ninian park because of the comfort we all had watching a game there :D lets be honest the place was run down and long past its best ,cardiff city stadium my not be the best atmosphere wise but when we get that sorted its a miles better place to watch a football match than ninian park may be its the memories that are affecting peoples judgement :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:09 am

Love the view from all parts of the ground. Atmosphere could be alot better, but the facilities are excellent. I dont miss NP, good memeories but way past its sell by date.