Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

darcy blake

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:04 am

Due 2 our lack of resources in centre midfield cos of illness,retirement,injury etc may be its time 2 give Blake a run here he is strong in tackle and good in the air and centre midfield is his best position, opinions please cos theres no players comin in .

Re: darcy blake

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 am

fair play I your right

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 am

I don't rate Blake

I put him in the same category as Capaldi,Feeney,Taiwo,Mcgennis

Only my opnion of course :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:08 am

blake isn't a championship footballer, looks out of his depth, can't see him here any longer, league 1 or 2 would be his best

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 am

I thought he did very well last night and put a bit of bite back into the midfield. I still think he is a wasted talent and when you think of his performance's for Wales U-21's against England, the waste is almost criminal.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am

He's got a lot of grit and determination but he does lack the final pass or cross. I saw a few stray balls from him last night which may go with game time but we can't afford to rely on that gamble. I'd keep him until we get better in but as has been said, he's not a Championship footballer. Maybe lower Championship. I hear Mariner rated him at Plymouth and wanted to keep him.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I thought he did very well last night and put a bit of bite back into the midfield. I still think he is a wasted talent and when you think of his performance's for Wales U-21's against England, the waste is almost criminal.

U must have watched a diiferent game if u did very well last night

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 am

Final pass not good enough, but hard working and gritty. Just what we need at moment-someone with balls!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:20 am

Some good points there from every 1, personelly i feel a run in the side in his best position at centre midfield will add bite and grittiness thats been missin, have we got any other options with present squad?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:23 am

Where has Taiwo gone? He could have got some valuable game time last night .

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 am

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:Where has Taiwo gone? He could have got some valuable game time last night .

Injured :cry:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 am

Local boy to me so maybe a bit biased but the guy has never been given a decent run in his preferred midfield position.....give him a run of games and then judge him....personally i think he can cut the mustard at Champ level....if hes given a chance!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:33 am

kavanagh wrote:Local boy to me so maybe a bit biased but the guy has never been given a decent run in his preferred midfield position.....give him a run of games and then judge him....personally i think he can cut the mustard at Champ level....if hes given a chance!

What about the Ketchup? :D

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 am

Saucy!! :mrgreen: