Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" One game from Ninian Park, you'd like to re-live.."

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:23 pm

The obvious choice would be Leeds in the Cup, but for me, would be Friday April 15th 1988, five games to go, and we beat fellow Promotion rivals Bolton 1-0, the Bob Bank was rocking that night as 'The blues are going up' rang out after the goal, what game would you re-live from Ninian Park and why...

Re: One game from Ninian Park, you'd like to re-live..

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Wales v Scotland 86 City V Leeds FA Cup :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:27 pm

My first game v Peterborough 5-2.....hooked ever since! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:34 pm

never seen the game as im only 35,seen the dvd and my uncle swears by it there can only be one and it has to be real madrid game at ninian park. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:35 pm

for me it had to be the Leeds FA cup game what a night.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Carlisle in 1977, got a draw to survive relegation. 1st time I ever felt stressed as a fan. Now its every game :shock:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 pm

When Stanty scored a chip, think it was hereford or someone like that in the cup, my 1st seasons.

Obviously Leeds though, Grange end was rockin!!!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:39 pm

march 11 1971 cardiff 1,real madrid 0

Re: " One game from Ninian Park, you'd like to re-live.."

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:18 pm

1980 Cardiff City 3 Jacks 3 John Buchanan last minute and Nearly 20,000 Cardiff Fans went proper Mental in CELEBRATION.
The Jacks were Silenced in the Grange end. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But I Also would like to See Cardiff City 5 Plymouth 4 (City loosing 4-1 at one stage), about 2,500 Crowd. AMAZING NIGHT WILL NEVER FORGET :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:48 pm

the 1-0 against man city was a good 1 for me... when blake hit that pearler

missed the game when campbell hit that wonder goal so id like to go back and whitness that 1

other than that id like it to be the end of an era shambles of a celebration

still having nightmares about that waking up in cold shivvers and stuff

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:59 pm

So many I can mention, Leeds/ Hamburg 1968 my first ever game Spurs FA cup however the game against Wrexham FA Cup 1977 winning 3-2 after they equalised to make it 2-2

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:01 pm

The 2-0 win against Hereford in 1976 was, frankly, unbelievable. Old division 3. They were top at the time ( if I remember correctly ), and went up with ourselves and Millwall. It was a Wednesday night, and everyone expected a decent crowd, but 35,000 ! Got there at about five past seven, but did not get in until about ten minutes after kick off. Ended up in the enclosure, at the front of the grandstand, as the queues for the Bob Bank were too long, and I was afraid of missing more of the match. Only time that I haver ever missed the kick off at a City game. Some people still insist that the actual attendance was about 40,000, but I don't know. Only time I did not get a programme either ! Happy days !

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:09 pm

pompey home 82/83 season or orient last game of 82/83 season

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Ajax was good mind but hard to choose sinse i've been going in sinse 99 been alot to choose from leeds,Millwall,west ham was allways good.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:21 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:The 2-0 win against Hereford in 1976 was, frankly, unbelievable. Old division 3. They were top at the time ( if I remember correctly ), and went up with ourselves and Millwall. It was a Wednesday night, and everyone expected a decent crowd, but 35,000 ! Got there at about five past seven, but did not get in until about ten minutes after kick off. Ended up in the enclosure, at the front of the grandstand, as the queues for the Bob Bank were too long, and I was afraid of missing more of the match. Only time that I haver ever missed the kick off at a City game. Some people still insist that the actual attendance was about 40,000, but I don't know. Only time I did not get a programme either ! Happy days !

HAVE TO AGREE WAS THERE WITH MY OLD MAN
HAPPY MEMORIES

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 pm

But I Also would like to See Cardiff City 5 Plymouth 4 (City loosing 4-1 at one stage), about 2,500 Crowd. AMAZING NIGHT WILL NEVER FORGET :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

im sure i remember that game :shock: f**king hell i thought i'd dreamt it :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Definately not the 7-2 loss against cambridge in the 90s !!

For me personally, would have to be wolves in the fa cup (cup season) - that goal from jimmy was something else

Leeds also was great in 01.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 pm

There has been many great games at Ninian Park but to have the privalege of seeing us beating the great Real Madrid again would have to be IT. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:41 pm

spurs fa cup 1977
wrexham fa cup 1977
city v Derby 4.1 Johnson scored twice ! One of the last games at the ground :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:43 pm

There has been many great games at Ninian Park but to have the privalege of seeing us beating the great Real Madrid again would have to be IT. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 pm

ABLOCKBLUE wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:The 2-0 win against Hereford in 1976 was, frankly, unbelievable. Old division 3. They were top at the time ( if I remember correctly ), and went up with ourselves and Millwall. It was a Wednesday night, and everyone expected a decent crowd, but 35,000 ! Got there at about five past seven, but did not get in until about ten minutes after kick off. Ended up in the enclosure, at the front of the grandstand, as the queues for the Bob Bank were too long, and I was afraid of missing more of the match. Only time that I haver ever missed the kick off at a City game. Some people still insist that the actual attendance was about 40,000, but I don't know. Only time I did not get a programme either ! Happy days !

HAVE TO AGREE WAS THERE WITH MY OLD MAN
HAPPY MEMORIES

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This was my 1st ever Cardiff game also...Great Night and Good Question Mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Must be pissed on the memories hahaha.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:50 pm

There are so many the Hereford game in 76 the 2 fa cup games in 77 spurs and wrexham the jacks game in 80 the Man City cup game and of course the Leeds fa cup.

the black friday season when we looked like we could be going down but we beat Brighton 2-0 and we knew we were safe even the players came over to the supporters after the game that was a good day plus beating Birmingham 2-0 to go top of the league.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't know why but the Cardiff vs Chesterfield game the season we went up from the bottom division. No idea why. I just really enjoyed the game and there was such a feeling of optimism around then. Times were changing and we could feel it. Not your ordinary response I know but the feelings from other games are still so strong I don't need to re-live them. I would like to re-live that game though.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 pm

Hamburg

Real Madrid

Man Utd

Toshacks hatrick against Scotland....the specatcle of the goals not the match !

.....and top of the shop the Yugoslavia Wales (1976 ??) match....goals, shite referee, contoversy, excitement, a night match, penalties, mass pitch invasion ......it had the lot.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Dont say Hamburg that was the only time i cried at a football match losing 2-3 at the end was just to much for a 13yo.But i am still here a bluebird at 56.WE ARE GOING UP. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:45 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:So many I can mention, Leeds/ Hamburg 1968 my first ever game Spurs FA cup however the game against Wrexham FA Cup 1977 winning 3-2 after they equalised to make it 2-2

What a game , I normally stood in the corner of the bob bank but this day I was sat up in front of the directors box. Cardiff had a comfortable 2-0 lead over Wrexham, when Wrexham scored twice , the equaliser came well into injury time and looked like it was the last kick of the game. Wrexham was still celebrating when Cardiff quickly kicked off for John Buchanan to grab the winner that left Ninian Park - and Match of the Day viewers - speechless. I remember driving home and on the radio, all the comentator:could say was, hes never seen anything like it in his life lol. ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:48 pm

leeds fa cup.
the day eddie scored.
hartlepool ?? promotion game 93. pretty vague memory due to age, but i just remember running on the pitch :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Bristol city playoff semi-final, Peter Thorne is magic he wears a magic hat!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:02 am

that last home game against ipswich, those plastics beach balls were really great :cry:
the man city game in the cup, or any game we beat the jacks especially the 4-1 game :ayatollah: