Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " One game from Ninian Park, you'd like to re-live.."

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:55 am

Zabier wrote:I don't know why but the Cardiff vs Chesterfield game the season we went up from the bottom division. No idea why. I just really enjoyed the game and there was such a feeling of optimism around then. Times were changing and we could feel it. Not your ordinary response I know but the feelings from other games are still so strong I don't need to re-live them. I would like to re-live that game though.

was that the 3-3 draw? cracking game!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:14 am

Never saw the Real Madrid game so i would have to go for that. However for sheer excitement and general manic celebrations it would be the 3-3 with Swansea after being 3-1 down and THAT goal by John Buchanan, :old: :ayatollah:

Also a game we played against Exeter (Can't remember when or the score) where Jimmy Gilligan scored one of my all time favourite goals
:ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:34 am

obviously that leeds game, also in 2005-6 when we beat crewe 6-1, 5 of the goals being in the second half, probably the most enjoyable half of football id seen in a long time

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:57 am

I was on the gravel area on the bob bank middle gate for the Leeds game, best seat in the house and the rest we know was history. So for me it has to be Leeds in the F.A Cup. A close 2nd was a random one against Chester, we won 6.0 and Mark Delaney ran through their entire team to smash one in....LIKE YESTERDAY!!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:09 am

Quite hard for me..

For me it's out of either; Cardiff City 2-2 Swansea City (April 2009) - Ross McCormack last minute equalizer
Cardiff City 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (FA Cup - February 2008) - That goal by old Jimmy..
Cardiff City 4-1 Derby County (April 2009) - EDDIE scored
Cardiff City 2-1 Bristol City (March 2008) First ever derby I'd been to

I'm only 16 and started supporting City in 2005 when my dad took me down once.. season ticket holder ever since. These games will be the most memorable for me down Ninian, I just can't pick one. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:44 am

Tommy Gun wrote:The obvious choice would be Leeds in the Cup, but for me, would be Friday April 15th 1988, five games to go, and we beat fellow Promotion rivals Bolton 1-0, the Bob Bank was rocking that night as 'The blues are going up' rang out after the goal, what game would you re-live from Ninian Park and why...

That was the first game I remember queing at. I think the crwod was about 8000 which was massive for us in the 80's. Great game that one

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:45 am

jinks-rct wrote:But I Also would like to See Cardiff City 5 Plymouth 4 (City loosing 4-1 at one stage), about 2,500 Crowd. AMAZING NIGHT WILL NEVER FORGET :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im sure i remember that game :shock: f**king hell i thought i'd dreamt it :lol: :ayatollah:[/quote]

An Amazing Night :ayatollah:

Then went to Plymouth in the 2nd leg in the night with 110 Cardiff Fans and We Won 1 nil (6-4 ), ALL THE PLAYERS CAME OVER AND CELEBRATED WITH US :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Cardiff v Newport, 3-2 just after christmas 82-83 season. Cardiff 2 up with 10 minutes to go, Newport score to 'your not singing anymore' and we sing '2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1' only for Newport to score again 4 minutes later to an even louder ' your not singing anymore from their ample away following (up in the upper grandstand).
Cardiff now thoroughly silent and dejected only responding with thew odd one finger salute until Hemmerman headed the winner in the dying seconds and the loudest version of 'you're not singing anymore' in the history of this planet rang out around the ground. Even getting hit on the side of the head with an unravelling bog roll couldn't dampen the mood. AWESOME! 8-)

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Most of them have been named but I remember v Luton when Robin Friday went around Milija Aleksic and tossed the Vs.

I don't know why but i was in the Lower Grandstand enclosure Canton end, right where Friday ran to, and I think also it was a morning kick off. I was playing at the time so would not have been able to see an afternoon kick off. Anyone remember? :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:26 pm

The Real Madrid game to say i was there, I was too young at the time. And for game i was there it has to be the Leeds FA cup game. I have never been in an atmosphere quite like that before or since.Amazing day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:39 pm

bloobirds68 wrote:Most of them have been named but I remember v Luton when Robin Friday went around Milija Aleksic and tossed the Vs.

I don't know why but i was in the Lower Grandstand enclosure Canton end, right where Friday ran to, and I think also it was a morning kick off. I was playing at the time so would not have been able to see an afternoon kick off. Anyone remember? :ayatollah:

That was the family enclosure at the time wasn't it? I was in there too. Used to love looking at the back of the programme to see if Robin Friday's and Tony Evans names would appear. They usually did but Robin didn't always :lol:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:00 pm

The 08/09 play off semi final home leg, would have gave ninian a proper send off. Bloody goal difference :( :(

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Real Madrid 1971, Man City 1994, Bristol City 2003 (play-off)

loads of Wales games from 1958 to 1998.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:10 pm

only 23 so the best game in my memory that i attended is Leeds 2002 by far, as my dad got tickets to the play-off final in caridff without me!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Cardiff Plymouth in cup in 80`s , 3 down half time won 4-3 then beat them 1 nil in second leg , then swandea match John Buchannon goal in dying seconds

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:34 pm

Real Madrid :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Leeds Fa Cup 2001 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But

For pulse racing swansea 2009 :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:57 pm

11th March 1971 Cardiff 1 Real Madrid 0 unbelievable :D :D :D :D

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Millwall 99/00 ,top day out from start to finish :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:14 pm

The pope.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Man City Cup game was another cracker mind, it was a tie that had everything, Penalty saves, goals disallowed, the woodwork getting hit, and a cracker of a goal to win it...

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:18 pm

griff105 wrote:The pope.

A game I said, stuff that nonce Catholic :P

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:

Theres a joke in there somewhere! :lol:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:22 pm

griff105 wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:

Theres a joke in there somewhere! :lol:

:D

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:29 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:The 2-0 win against Hereford in 1976 was, frankly, unbelievable. Old division 3. They were top at the time ( if I remember correctly ), and went up with ourselves and Millwall. It was a Wednesday night, and everyone expected a decent crowd, but 35,000 ! Got there at about five past seven, but did not get in until about ten minutes after kick off. Ended up in the enclosure, at the front of the grandstand, as the queues for the Bob Bank were too long, and I was afraid of missing more of the match. Only time that I haver ever missed the kick off at a City game. Some people still insist that the actual attendance was about 40,000, but I don't know. Only time I did not get a programme either ! Happy days !

Top Shout, a brilliant night that for some reason stands out, Yes we got promotion that season and apart from later day i.e play offs etc etc that Hereford game and Everton at Ninian were the biggest home Atnce id witnessed Pre Hamman, I must say that although we lost to the Toff's The game was magic, when Tony Evans put that ball away, I really really did believe the City were gonna win the Cup, We lost against the run of play in my opinion. Hate to admit im struggling to remember who scored against Hereford that night??

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:40 pm

GOOD TOPIC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:The obvious choice would be Leeds in the Cup, but for me, would be Friday April 15th 1988, five games to go, and we beat fellow Promotion rivals Bolton 1-0, the Bob Bank was rocking that night as 'The blues are going up' rang out after the goal, what game would you re-live from Ninian Park and why...

Wouldn't mind 5 pints less at the Leeds game, I missed loads on the day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Chesterfield 2001 i think we drew 3-3 im sure we went 3-0 down or something like that what a day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:GOOD TOPIC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And you had the cheek to threaten me with a ban, you b*stard :lol: ;)

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:GOOD TOPIC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And you had the cheek to threaten me with a ban, you b*stard :lol: ;)

Stud, my old friend :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: