Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " One game from Ninian Park, you'd like to re-live.."

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:GOOD TOPIC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And you had the cheek to threaten me with a ban, you b*stard :lol: ;)

Stud, my old friend :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Did you go today?

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:12 pm

cardiff v ipswich,last game at N.P,and do it again PROPERLY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:But I Also would like to See Cardiff City 5 Plymouth 4 (City loosing 4-1 at one stage), about 2,500 Crowd. AMAZING NIGHT WILL NEVER FORGET :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I remember that game well - 1986 I reckon. There were only about 2,500 there but we were walking on the air at the end, stranger-hugging and all the rest. Didn't go to the second leg, which we won 1-0.

It was the great League Cup run when we beat Chelsea 2-1 (Platneur!), and then got a bye as we were drawn against Luton and they banned away fans so were kicked out of the competition.

Went to Shrewsbury for the next round and we played really well but lost to a late goal. About 1,500 City there and a bit of aggro after the final whistle, I seem to remember.

The team was so bad in those days this cup run really stands out in my memory.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 pm

i forgot when Eddie scored that was summit special too

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:38 am

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:The 2-0 win against Hereford in 1976 was, frankly, unbelievable. Old division 3. They were top at the time ( if I remember correctly ), and went up with ourselves and Millwall. It was a Wednesday night, and everyone expected a decent crowd, but 35,000 ! Got there at about five past seven, but did not get in until about ten minutes after kick off. Ended up in the enclosure, at the front of the grandstand, as the queues for the Bob Bank were too long, and I was afraid of missing more of the match. Only time that I haver ever missed the kick off at a City game. Some people still insist that the actual attendance was about 40,000, but I don't know. Only time I did not get a programme either ! Happy days !

Top Shout, a brilliant night that for some reason stands out, Yes we got promotion that season and apart from later day i.e play offs etc etc that Hereford game and Everton at Ninian were the biggest home Atnce id witnessed Pre Hamman, I must say that although we lost to the Toff's The game was magic, when Tony Evans put that ball away, I really really did believe the City were gonna win the Cup, We lost against the run of play in my opinion. Hate to admit im struggling to remember who scored against Hereford that night??

Somehow me and my mates ended up in the directors lounge drinking champagne that Malcolm Allison sent for beating Crystal Palace attendance record for the season, and being shown round the directors box by Trelezkei the then chairman and being kicked out when they realised that we were should not have been there and my mate trying to chat up Alan Campbell s wife, then being taken home by David Giles mother , we were drunk and only 18 at the time, but will be in my memory forever then supporters and players mixed, playing cards in the Bluebird club with Freddie Pethard, Dwyer and Clive Charles after we lost to Brighton 2- 0 away and Robin Friday got sent off!!! i am rambling and off message

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:19 am

iangibson wrote:11th March 1971 Cardiff 1 Real Madrid 0 unbelievable :D :D :D :D

Has to be this one, what a magic night, the hairs on the back of neck stand up just remembering it, Ninian Park was electric and I was 21 at the time. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: One game from Ninian Park, you'd like to re-live..

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:49 am

nantgarwblue wrote:march 11 1971 cardiff 1,real madrid 0

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:14 am

Not going to pick one match bt I want to pick a whole season....

75/76 season was something special, so many memories I could re-live in that season alone but 3 in particular:

1. 33,000 at home against Hereford.
2. Taking 10,000 to Palace and winning 1-0 the weekend before.
3. Adrian Alston attempting to score from kick-off against Brighton at Home (This was on match of the day as well).

Great memories...

:ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:08 am

Millwall 1999. The sun was shining and the atmosphere was heavy.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Halifax93 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:But I Also would like to See Cardiff City 5 Plymouth 4 (City loosing 4-1 at one stage), about 2,500 Crowd. AMAZING NIGHT WILL NEVER FORGET :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I remember that game well - 1986 I reckon. There were only about 2,500 there but we were walking on the air at the end, stranger-hugging and all the rest. Didn't go to the second leg, which we won 1-0.

It was the great League Cup run when we beat Chelsea 2-1 (Platneur!), and then got a bye as we were drawn against Luton and they banned away fans so were kicked out of the competition.

Went to Shrewsbury for the next round and we played really well but lost to a late goal. About 1,500 City there and a bit of aggro after the final whistle, I seem to remember.

The team was so bad in those days this cup run really stands out in my memory.

the game with chelsea will stand out nickey platneurs two goals , bob bank like a zoo,great atmosphere only 8000 there (much better than the ccs with 20000)
man city in the cup has got to thee best tho :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:1980 Cardiff City 3 Jacks 3 John Buchanan last minute and Nearly 20,000 Cardiff Fans went proper Mental in CELEBRATION.
The Jacks were Silenced in the Grange end. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But I Also would like to See Cardiff City 5 Plymouth 4 (City loosing 4-1 at one stage), about 2,500 Crowd. AMAZING NIGHT WILL NEVER FORGET :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was there that night, it was a hurricane wind and City played against it in the first half but managed to get a goal. That was the key because it was all city 2nd half with a 90MPH wind behind them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:04 am

Halifax93 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Went to Shrewsbury for the next round and we played really well but lost to a late goal. About 1,500 City there and a bit of aggro after the final whistle, I seem to remember.The team was so bad in those days this cup run really stands out in my memory.

Remember that was the most one sided game i have ever seen City absolutely battered Shrewsbury but the keeper and woodwork saved them i even remember a shot beating their keeper and sticking in the mud on the line before being cleared. They then went and scored from probably the only decent chance they had all evening and yes it was a bit naughty outside after :D

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:46 am

Slightly off topic, but I'd have loved to be at the Real Madrid game. I can only imagine what the atmosphere was like.

Breaking the Wurzle league hoodoo a couple seasons back was also a very special moment for me, so probably that 2-1 win.