Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam hammam and so called supporters

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:27 am

My opinion I'd love sam back, it would bring much needed support, atmosphere and a spark that's been missing for years back to the club, people make mistakes in life day in day out, and it makes you stronger as a person and most people never make the same mistake twice. I remember a few years back we was playing at ninian park and in the 2nd half sam came into the grange end for about 20 minutes at the back with us all singing, chanting and pointing towards away fans singing " oh england is full of s**t". That's what you call passion, you'd never see that from anyone else on the board, chairman or anywhere else at our club or anybody elses club. In my eyes that made him a legend and would love to give him another chance. For all those people who say they would stop watching Cardiff if he came back that's just pathetic, how can you call yourself supporters, it's not about who's in charge and if you like or dislike, and what players you like or dislike, it's about our whole club and supporters should get behind our team if you like who's in charge, who's on the field, who owns us and whatever league we are in. So get behind our team now next week and in ten years team, whoever comes in or goes out. Cardiff till I die!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sam hammam and so called supporters

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:30 am

Valleybluebird wrote:My opinion I'd love sam back, it would bring much needed support, atmosphere and a spark that's been missing for years back to the club, people make mistakes in life day in day out, and it makes you stronger as a person and most people never make the same mistake twice. I remember a few years back we was playing at ninian park and in the 2nd half sam came into the grange end for about 20 minutes at the back with us all singing, chanting and pointing towards away fans singing " oh england is full of s**t". That's what you call passion, you'd never see that from anyone else on the board, chairman or anywhere else at our club or anybody elses club. In my eyes that made him a legend and would love to give him another chance. For all those people who say they would stop watching Cardiff if he came back that's just pathetic, how can you call yourself supporters, it's not about who's in charge and if you like or dislike, and what players you like or dislike, it's about our whole club and supporters should get behind our team if you like who's in charge, who's on the field, who owns us and whatever league we are in. So get behind our team now next week and in ten years team, whoever comes in or goes out. Cardiff till I die!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post and at the moment Our club has no Passion with its Supporters.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:32 am

I know, and I think sam would bring a lot of passion back, I hate going to the new stadium and feeling no passion amongst the fans, we need him back for the passion of our club :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:55 am

personally i d have sam back but if he does get a roll back at the club and black fridaystill in the memories of many fans would he bringh passion or resentment :?: :?:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 am

maybe have him back working in the carpark as long as he wasnt allowed to touch any money

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:53 am

This club needs SAM, the club is dying a death in terms of atmosphere ect. We need direction, someone who will hold
on to our talent, get the fans singing again even if we are losing.

if this club ever falls don the tables and we end up back to where we used to be, i will still be there, i follow City for the
passion of the fans (used to be there) not just the glory.

If this club is ever to make it big, we need passionate players, passionate fans and passionate staff. In Sam we have a
start.

All the Sam haters, you have your opinions and i have mine.

BRING SAM BACK!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:42 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:This club needs SAM, the club is dying a death in terms of atmosphere ect. We need direction, someone who will hold

if this club ever falls don the tables and we end up back to where we used to be, i will still be there, i follow City for the

If this club is ever to make it big, we need passionate players, passionate fans and passionate staff. In Sam we have a
start.

BRING SAM BACK!

your saying sam will hold on to our talent? think back to all our talent he sold, and i cant see how he would bring atmosphere etc back to our club, if we were still in ninian park we would still have a good atmosphere as we still did when sam left the club

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 pm

has everyone forgotten about the debt he left us in and who we owe the money to, yes we got promoted but it nearly cost us the club its not worth the risk wimbledon fans told us what he was like and we didnt listen and look where they are now leave him to run up millions of pounds of debt with somebody else's club.we all thought he was spending his money and then left us to find out he was borrowing the money and we were then left with big debts no money and nearly no club

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:58 pm

rjwalesfootball wrote:has everyone forgotten about the debt he left us in and who we owe the money to, yes we got promoted but it nearly cost us the club its not worth the risk wimbledon fans told us what he was like and we didnt listen and look where they are now leave him to run up millions of pounds of debt with somebody else's club.we all thought he was spending his money and then left us to find out he was borrowing the money and we were then left with big debts no money and nearly no club

And you honestly think the Malaysian's are spending their own money now do you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fact is when he left there were assets that far outweighed the debt. Now if the proceeds from subsequent player sales had been used to pay off that debt rather than to pay the odd "bonus" then there wouldn't be a Langston debt. You don't have to like or agree with that but it is a fact plain and simple.

In simple terms is just like if you've got a mortgage on your house and you sell your house then the money pays off the mortgage. Whilst you are living in that house and the value of the house far outweighs the level of your mortgage then it isn't a debt as such but mearly an investment. If however someone manages to con you in to signing your house over to them, then they sell it, you are still left with the mortgage debt but without the house asset. It's not rocket science. Whilst Sam was at the club there wasn't a debt, it only became a debt when he was forced out and the assest were taken from him.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:15 pm

wils wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:This club needs SAM, the club is dying a death in terms of atmosphere ect. We need direction, someone who will hold

start.

BRING SAM BACK!

your saying sam will hold on to our talent? think back to all our talent he sold, and i cant see how he would bring atmosphere etc back to our club, if we were still in ninian park we would still have a good atmosphere as we still did when sam left the club

But we are losing talent for next to nothing or nothing at the moment. I think Sam would have the players respecting
the fans again and that connection alone would get the players playing with more passion.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:06 pm

In the grange singing england is full of shit?? Do we really want our chairman/directors behaving that way??

If ypu really care about the CLUB you should welcome the strides we are currently making by looking for investment and behind the scenes and securing our long term future.

If you just want Sam back to incite a hateful crowd and for our club to go back to darker times then you teally do not care bout the CLUB at all.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Welshpaul wrote:In the grange singing england is full of shit?? Do we really want our chairman/directors behaving that way??

If ypu really care about the CLUB you should welcome the strides we are currently making by looking for investment and behind the scenes and securing our long term future.

If you just want Sam back to incite a hateful crowd and for our club to go back to darker times then you teally do not care bout the CLUB at all.

Absolutely spot on in my opinion.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Thank you

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:35 pm

TH63 wrote:
Welshpaul wrote:In the grange singing england is full of shit?? Do we really want our chairman/directors behaving that way??

Absolutely spot on in my opinion.

dito

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:38 pm

we could become the only club in the world, with a, passion manager, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:39 pm

And you honestly think the Malaysian's are spending their own money now do you?

Fact is when he left there were assets that far outweighed the debt. Now if the proceeds from subsequent player sales had been used to pay off that debt rather than to pay the odd "bonus" then there wouldn't be a Langston debt. You don't have to like or agree with that but it is a fact plain and simple.

In simple terms is just like if you've got a mortgage on your house and you sell your house then the money pays off the mortgage. Whilst you are living in that house and the value of the house far outweighs the level of your mortgage then it isn't a debt as such but mearly an investment. If however someone manages to con you in to signing your house over to them, then they sell it, you are still left with the mortgage debt but without the house asset. It's not rocket science. Whilst Sam was at the club there wasn't a debt, it only became a debt when he was forced out and the assest were taken from him.

what assets ?????????????? i can't remember any worth 20 million plus !!!!!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Passion/atmosphere/singing/chanting/banter/intimidating......

Ninian Park was all this in the last few seasons at NP.

And there were barely ANY arrests of home fans. After the Leeds FA Cup
game, things changed. the stewards were more on the ball, the lads in
Block A lower calmed down a bit, us lot up above still got wound up and
would sing and have a go at the opposition fans. But end of the match it was
only ever really kids hanging around outside. Cameras put paid to all the
trouble in the old ground. Everyone would leave the ground knowing they were
on camera, and would go back to the boozer after 90 minutes of pissed up
singing chanting and doing our best to make the opposing players suffer a bit.

So what exactly are these 'goody two shoes' fans talking about when they talk
of the 'bad old days?'....

They were over the minute we knocked Leeds out the FA Cup.

The 'Management' want a Rugby type club... going by some of the posts on this
thread so do some of the 'fans'

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:41 pm

y do some people on here wont sam back has he put PR in CHARGE of our club and then PR fucked sam and the club up so what does that say about sam

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm

y do some people on here wont sam back has he put PR in CHARGE of our club and then PR fucked sam and the club up so what does that say about sam

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:15 pm

pmt wrote:y do some people on here wont sam back has he put PR in CHARGE of our club and then PR fucked sam and the club up so what does that say about sam

In the bigger picture I never really cared if Sam came back or not. He DID
elevate the standing and ambitions of the whole club and of us supporters.
But he also made some monumental f**k ups.

But I'm rapidly losing my passion for Cardiff City FC, mainly because the
f*cking PC correct brigade, the Club and the Nazi stewards have decreed
that my 'passion' is detrimental to the good of the club. They dont want
men drinking swearing standing up and singing, even though there are
ample cameras and jail sentences to ensure people who cant hold their
ale dont go over the top!

So if (and its a big IF) Sam Hammam came back and brought a bit of his
passion back with him... then I'd be all for it.

If that meant Quentin J Thomas and Hyacinth Harris get pissed off at the
language and go back to chase the egg or ice hockey then i'll be jumping
for joy

(no, not jumping on their heads, im not a thug!!)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:21 pm

rjwalesfootball wrote:

So you are not aware of all the players that have been sold since Sam left? I just watched Birmingham win the Carling Cup. Two of the players on the field were Cameron Jerome and Roger Johnson, both of which sold after Sam left.
I'm not going to bother writing list of players but it more than covers the money owed to Sam.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:24 pm

So would you want a passionate, one of the crowd type chairman who invites criticism from all quaters or a proffesional chairmen who quietly goes about his job behind the scenes??

Goody two shoes fans my arse, realistic fans who realise the days of spitting vile at opponets comes 2nd to a properly run club with a good team come first every time.

GJ has offered to support all fans together in the canton, standing with extras but because its not standing next to away fans its a no.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:25 pm

no way i dont want that man anywhere near this club he nearly put us into liqudation and we are still paying the debts he left behind

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Berwyn wrote:
rjwalesfootball wrote:

So you are not aware of all the players that have been sold since Sam left? I just watched Birmingham win the Carling Cup. Two of the players on the field were Cameron Jerome and Roger Johnson, both of which sold after Sam left.
I'm not going to bother writing list of players but it more than covers the money owed to Sam.

And those two players I just mentioned comes to £8 million alone. How much or that went to pay Langston off? Nothing, that's how much.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:35 pm

thomas9990 wrote:no way i dont want that man anywhere near this club he nearly put us into liqudation and we are still paying the debts he left behind

That is complete rubbish. Whilst he was at the club there were no winding up orders whatsoever and no supplier went unpaid. There were problems but they were sorted, liquidation was never on the cards whilst Sam was there and that's a fact.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Berwyn wrote:
thomas9990 wrote:no way i dont want that man anywhere near this club he nearly put us into liqudation and we are still paying the debts he left behind

That is complete rubbish. Whilst he was at the club there were no winding up orders whatsoever and no supplier went unpaid. There were problems but they were sorted, liquidation was never on the cards whilst Sam was there and that's a fact.

i meant administration but i think we was thretend that when ridsdale was chairman but when hamman left we had 40 mill owned to his business and im still abit confused why he left us with that

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:47 pm

thomas9990 wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

i meant administration but i think we was thretend that when ridsdale was chairman but when hamman left we had 40 mill owned to his business and im still abit confused why he left us with that

Sam has never threatened administration, fact is the club actually threatened Sam with admin if he asked for his money back. Another fact is Sam never wanted nor ask to leave the club. He was forced out. Also read my posts above, when he left, he left the club with assets far out weighing the debt. Now if those assets, which have since been sold, wasn't used to pay the debt off then that was hardly Sam's fault was it.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:53 pm

no way i dont want that man anywhere near this club he nearly put us into liqudation and we are still paying the debts he left behind

Sam has never threatened administration, fact is the club actually threatened Sam with admin if he asked for his money back. Another fact is Sam never wanted nor ask to leave the club. He was forced out. Also read my posts above, when he left, he left the club with assets far out weighing the debt. Now if those assets, which have since been sold, wasn't used to pay the debt off then that was hardly Sam's fault was it.

no it wasnt but what was the problems when sam was here

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:14 pm

SAM HAMMAM MY LOOORD, SAM HAMMAM!! OOOOOOOOO LORD, SAM HAMMAM!!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:21 pm

He's just a Lebanese Mike Ashley really isn't he?

As for never making the same mistake twice, you appear to forget about MK Dons/AFC Wimbledon. :|