Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WE NEED A CHANGE OF POLICY By Carl Curtis "

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Thing is the reserve games I ever went to were played at such a poor tempo its no more beneficial than a training match which I assue they have in training.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:28 pm

We're third in the table, looking good for automatic, so no disrepect to Carl (who I know is pro DJ) I think the manager knows best. I have no wish to be accused of "sniping" but to be honest, as a "fan's view" I found Carl's piece a bit condescending and presumptious to be honest. It's one thing for us to all talk crap on here amongst ourselves, to do it in the Echo just doesn't sit well with me to be honest.

Carl could well be right, but then again, why is Ramsey on loan to us and not in Arsenal's reserves if reserve games are so important?

We're in third, right now we don't need to change a damn thing in my opinion.

Sorry Carl - I mean no offense.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 am

Good piece that Carl.

Annis, you had better sign Carl up on a long term contract cos I reckon he will be poached and go on to bigger stage :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 am

BEEP AHM wrote:Good piece that Carl.

Annis, you had better sign Carl up on a long term contract cos I reckon he will be poached and go on to bigger stage :lol:

:lol:

Ive Signed him, till his pension is due :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:58 am

Great read Carl. I just wanted to make a few points reagrding your article and i for one agree that we should have a reserve team playing week in week out. The problems I would find DJ would have with this is the fact that we still have a very small squad. Reserve team football is great for getting players back fit and fighting for a first team place. The downside is players can get injured. how would you guys feel if say Chopra, bothroyd etc needed a game and playing in a reserve game got injured. With the squad we have at the moment our fringe players are just not good enough. I know you will argue that our first 15 might not have to play reserve games but if they are out for a few weeks and need games to get fit etc do you really want them playing in these games knowing that a missed timed tackle could put these plyers out for longer.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:05 pm

TH63 wrote:We're third in the table, looking good for automatic, so no disrepect to Carl (who I know is pro DJ) I think the manager knows best. I have no wish to be accused of "sniping" but to be honest, as a "fan's view" I found Carl's piece a bit condescending and presumptious to be honest. It's one thing for us to all talk crap on here amongst ourselves, to do it in the Echo just doesn't sit well with me to be honest.

Carl could well be right, but then again, why is Ramsey on loan to us and not in Arsenal's reserves if reserve games are so important?

I know you mean no offence and none was taken but I have no problem in speaking my mind and giving my opinions in the Echo or on here or over a pint at the Ninian as that is what i believe. I am not telling Dave Jones how to do his job but simply saying what I feel many City fans believe and that the loans and out of contract players is short sighted.

I know we won't change the policy right now and quite simply we couldn't as there is no transfer window to change our policy in but come the summer I would like to see us picking up sigings with the potential to turn into international quality players, did you not like the fact we bought Roger Johnson and Danny Gabbidon and Glenn Loovens then nurtured them into the players that made it on to a bigger stage ?

Re: "WE NEED A CHANGE OF POLICY By Carl Curtis" South Wales Echo

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Just read Carls article and thought he gave a very fair and accurate account of how the club is handling our players.

Its a real shame how we keep losing our youthfull players who are the very future of our club.
Theres little point of having an accademy if we keep letting them go. Yeh they make mistakes but we go through the very same thing in life ie apprenticeships. Your 1st 3-4 years are all about making mistakes to eventually become sronger and wiser.

Really enjoy reading Carls updates / articles. I beileive theres no sniping going on just a "passionate fans" view on how he feels towards our club. After all Carl has always been and still is a backer of DJ.

If Carl wouldnt do it someone else would! Ill look forward to our next update :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Bluebird_Melv wrote:Just read Carls article and thought he gave a very fair and accurate account of how the club is handling our players.

Its a real shame how we keep losing our youthfull players who are the very future of our club.
Theres little point of having an accademy if we keep letting them go. Yeh they make mistakes but we go through the very same thing in life ie apprenticeships. Your 1st 3-4 years are all about making mistakes to eventually become sronger and wiser.

Really enjoy reading Carls updates / articles. I beileive theres no sniping going on just a "passionate fans" view on how he feels towards our club. After all Carl has always been and still is a backer of DJ.

If Carl wouldnt do it someone else would! Ill look forward to our next update :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank You :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:
TH63 wrote:We're third in the table, looking good for automatic, so no disrepect to Carl (who I know is pro DJ) I think the manager knows best. I have no wish to be accused of "sniping" but to be honest, as a "fan's view" I found Carl's piece a bit condescending and presumptious to be honest. It's one thing for us to all talk crap on here amongst ourselves, to do it in the Echo just doesn't sit well with me to be honest.

I know you mean no offence and none was taken but I have no problem in speaking my mind and giving my opinions in the Echo or on here or over a pint at the Ninian as that is what i believe. I am not telling Dave Jones how to do his job but simply saying what I feel many City fans believe and that the loans and out of contract players is short sighted.

I know we won't change the policy right now and quite simply we couldn't as there is no transfer window to change our policy in but come the summer I would like to see us picking up sigings with the potential to turn into international quality players, did you not like the fact we bought Roger Johnson and Danny Gabbidon and Glenn Loovens then nurtured them into the players that made it on to a bigger stage ?

Thanks for taking my comments in the spirit intended Carl. I do like seeing us nuturing players, just wish they'd stay with us! :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Cheers Carl

Look forward to This Saturdays Column :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: