Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

AT LEAST IT IS STARTING TO LOOK GOOD

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:23 am

The Malaysian deal has never gone away and they are stronger than ever.
I believe once the shareholders have sorted PR out, you will find it is all go with them.
I believe they were not happy with PR wanting a 3 year deal as Chief executive, not happy with certain unpaid bills Tax etc,etc
Which when we asked PR about at the Muni, why he didnt tell them,he replied, they never asked lol.
Def not happy with all the Spin and it is annoying them with PR trying to make out he has these other buyers Americans(from Newport rd) lol and the Car sales man lol.

Lets look on the Bright side Borley is working hard for the Club he loves and Paul Guy wont let his money go down the pan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: AT LEAST IT IS STARTING TO LOOK GOOD

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:30 am

Whereas our season ticket money has gone down the pan with no investment in new players. After 1st February I will take advice on whether PR has committed a fraud. We all had Christmas to pay for and for me a personal tax bill. Nonetheless I found £ 950 to buy my season tickets on a commitment by PR to bring in players. He has 12 days to do so.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 am

del boy wrote:Whereas our season ticket money has gone down the pan with no investment in new players. After 1st February I will take advice on whether PR has committed a fraud. We all had Christmas to pay for and for me a personal tax bill. Nonetheless I found £ 950 to buy my season tickets on a commitment by PR to bring in players. He has 12 days to do so.

I agree, in My Opinion he took Our money by lies, Our money I believe has gone on wages. Zebra havent handed their money over yet, he has had the cash/visa/Cheques etc money I believe.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:40 am

I know he has my money because the cheque was cashed. He has to go. Come back Sam I say.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 am

del boy wrote:Whereas our season ticket money has gone down the pan with no investment in new players. After 1st February I will take advice on whether PR has committed a fraud. We all had Christmas to pay for and for me a personal tax bill. Nonetheless I found £ 950 to buy my season tickets on a commitment by PR to bring in players. He has 12 days to do so.

Trading Standards may be the route to go down - miss-selling goods or services. Cast iron case.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:46 am

Annis

Thank god they have'nt gone away. Personally by now I would have run a mile. That sadi the tax bill is the first "crocodile to to the boat" that needs dealing with. However that said we have heard rumour that it was going to be payed by SB and others however there seems to be no resolution. I just hope to god that by the end of the month things are lot more stable because should the demos start me and my family will travel from Colchester to take part.

Serving in the Army for what is my 30th year i have been brought up on "honesty and integrity", however the current board (SB excluded) are milking the club dry and treating it like a cash cow and have no honesty and integrity. i would have like them to tell us as it is at least then we could try and draw a line under it and start again, but all we hear are lies more lies and more spin.

Love the board by the way, i was a regular on the MM board this is far more fun!

Big ceri

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 am

The big question is, however, how are the club going to rid themselves of Ridsdale in order that the investment can go ahead.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 am

croesybluebird wrote:The big question is, however, how are the club going to rid themselves of Ridsdale in order that the investment can go ahead.

Sniper rifle?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 am

nerd wrote:
croesybluebird wrote:The big question is, however, how are the club going to rid themselves of Ridsdale in order that the investment can go ahead.

Sniper rifle?

I could sort that lol.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:33 am

Well Borley and Guy own 25% of the shares between them. That's not a bad start if they wished to remove him at an AGM.

However, I believe Ridsdale is hawking for a 3 year contract BEFORE the Malaysians takeover. That way they (or any new owner) would have honour that contract of employment (either by giving him the job or paying him off).

Borley & Guy know this so I believe they and the present shareholders will sell out lock stock and barrel to the Malaysians and then Ridsdale becomes their problem. Once they become absolute owners they will be free to bring in their own people and simply give Ridsdale 28 days notice to quit.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:44 am

That all sounds good Tony, other than what Annis is saying is that the Malaysians won't invest whilst Ridsdale is still there - chicken and egg situation therefore unless Guy, Boreley et al make the decision and get rid of the crook NOW.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 am

nerd wrote:

Sniper rifle?

That could be arranged!!!!!!

How about 1 of my Apache helicpoters with a hellfire missle! That take his f*cking smug look off his face!LOL

Big Ceri

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:03 am

Big Ceri wrote:
nerd wrote:

Sniper rifle?

That could be arranged!!!!!!

How about 1 of my Apache helicpoters with a hellfire missle! That take his f*cking smug look off his face!LOL

Big Ceri

Well while you're at it how about you fly by the Liberty on the way

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:21 am

We could do a lot of damage with 16 x hellfire missles and 1200 x 30mm cannon rounds. That said it might even improve the dump!

Ceri

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 am

This isn't defending Ridsdale but it is a lesson for us to be less naive in the future. He didn't lie to get our money, he just used certain words to make it sound like we were getting something we weren't. To sum it up, he's conned us. He hasn't lied as such but he's been very immoral and personally, I find it unacceptable that our good faith and commitment has been abused.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:44 am

Zabier wrote:This isn't defending Ridsdale but it is a lesson for us to be less naive in the future. He didn't lie to get our money, he just used certain words to make it sound like we were getting something we weren't. To sum it up, he's conned us. He hasn't lied as such but he's been very immoral and personally, I find it unacceptable that our good faith and commitment has been abused.

Its the way that it was done that has annoyed me, we were all conned into buying our season tickets on false guidleines at a difficult time of year with regards to our own personal finances but we delivered when called upon, it now seems that the club have not kept their part of the deal which is the most annoying, and is also in my eyes is false advertising.

No doubt the majority of the 10,500 who bought season tickets would have done so regardless of the deal offered but for me personally i would have prefered to buy our season tickets at a later date, but thats just my opinion.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:47 am

Would there be a way for us the fans to sue Ridsdale, separately from the club, on the grounds of false advertising of some sort?

Can we have any lawyers present to please investigate this? I would love as one final parting shot to have Ridsdale give us something back that he morally owes.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 am

Zabier wrote:Would there be a way for us the fans to sue Ridsdale, separately from the club, on the grounds of false advertising of some sort?

Can we have any lawyers present to please investigate this? I would love as one final parting shot to have Ridsdale give us something back that he morally owes.

Nope. He acted as the chairman of Cardiff City FC, a limited company.

If you want to sue under grounds of false advertising, you'd have to sue the club.

And Ridsdale's liabilities would only be limited to his stake in the club.

So basically any action would have to be against Cardiff City FC, and not an individual 'employee' of that company.

(That's my take on it anywhoo)

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am

Same here, the extra motivation to scrimp the cash together was because I am desparate to see an injection of fresh, quality, competitive and hungry players to boost strength in depth. Few days ago I emailed PR almost exactly your words, no reply

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 am

Annis, if you are in touch with the Malaysians and they want a potted history of supporting Cardiff City for the last 40 years (good, bad & very ugly) tell them to contact me, I am only an hour away from Malaysia and can save them a trip :ayatollah: