Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fickle CRAP support - is there a reason?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:26 am

AIl hear this all the time and its true!! 7k 2nite and id say they were the old/new die hards!! but what you got to remember somthing............. lets take leeds for a example, they have been up in the top flight for years, done stuff in the past, they've gained thier support through top flight football and parents having kids, who become fans and then thier kids having kids and becoming fans etc yer! support growen and grows from father to child

we've been in the cella of world footballl getting crowds of 2k, its getting better but will not over night! unless we get prem football! when i was in school i was the only person who wore a cardiff shirt, i had "cardiff shity" and "they are crap, where are they" etc from all the prem top wearing friends, now i look on facebook and 99% of them are all "city fans", photo's from the play off final to photos from wembley!!!!!! now if we've caught all them, then next genration, they have kids, they will bleed blue, then they will have kids who'll be taught the blue way, so the future support is there, just needs a few hanky panky sessions with the wife and girlfriends to start the ball rolling faster lol :lol:

then you got the south wales public , i like to call "plastic" these will only come when apprently "decent teams" are playing! so if we did get into the premiership then they would come then they get hooked, have kids etc the start more blue support see above

do you see where im coming from? id like to think (even if we stay in the championship and get in and out of the prem) that in around 20 years time, we should have gone from 2k die hards years ago, up to 7k these days to around 18k or even more, unfortuntly past was not with us so will take time

phewwww

Re: Fickle CRAP support - is there a reason?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:00 am

The game was on TV and it was freezing last night.

However, on the bright side I really enjoyed the game last night, it was a throw back to the old days. Small crowd making a tremendous atmosphere between two deadly rivals

The BCFC fans played their part and the Ninian Stand was rocking. Add in a very entertaining game (well second half), a much need win and no traffic chaos after the game and it was all very enjoyable.

I for one like these games once or twice a season so I'm not moaning.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 am

Respect to everyone who attended last night .....Unlike years ago its much more expensive to watch the City week in week out .For myself living in London ,trains have become a 'luxury ' to get to every game unless booked weeks in advance .Think the club should offer those supporters last night 1st option if we progress in the cup with tickets .....Keep the Faith ...Wembley again ?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:32 am

think you've all missed the point, i was onabout city fans in genral and our fan base

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:34 am

I didn't go last night because right now I can't afford a £20 ticket. I know it's only £20 but for me that's a lot of money right now. I'll be going on Saturday but that's because I can now afford it. If I had a choice of Saturday or last night, I'm only going to choose one!

I can understand why certain people didn't go last night. For whatever reason people could be deemed justified in staying away. However, there is a certain sector outside what I would call the hardcore 10,000 - 12,000 (those who will still turn up if we're relegated and not winning) who do pick and choose a lot of their games. We do need more enthusiastic support on a more permanent basis.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:47 am

realy enjoyed the game last night much better atmosphere than a bigger crowd got a sore throat from singing and shouting roll on saturday :ayatollah: