Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Attn all the DJ haters .................. "

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Enjoy you're night off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Attn all the DJ haters ..................

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Well said :D

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:06 pm

If we win promotion. i still wont like the guy :roll:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Why do you need to like him?

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Is this going to be a thread everytime we win a game? :roll:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Dafydd wrote:Is this going to be a thread everytime we win a game? :roll:

Yep because there are to many slagging him off every time we lose one !!!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:55 pm

win or lose I still dont like him :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:50 am

valleyrambill wrote:win or lose I still dont like him :lol:

i love it when we win, i hate it when we lose. i dislike jones when we lose, i dislike jones when we win :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:59 am

I've got nothing against him personally.

I was asked today if I would accept him as a good manager if he takes us up. I said no. Why? With this squad, rememeber he has been given two chances now. One at the start of the season bringing in Bellamy, Koumas, Oli etc and abd second chance in January where he has been allowed ot bring in the likes of Ramsey, Jet and Parkin. He cannot complain that he has not been given the tools to do the job.

If we go up and he keeps us there with what we have got then I will reassess again.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:03 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I've got nothing against him personally.

I was asked today if I would accept him as a good manager if he takes us up. I said no. Why? With this squad, rememeber he has been given two chances now. One at the start of the season bringing in Bellamy, Koumas, Oli etc and abd second chance in January where he has been allowed ot bring in the likes of Ramsey, Jet and Parkin. He cannot complain that he has not been given the tools to do the job.

If we go up and he keeps us there with what we have got then I will reassess again.

im with you on that! tbh even if we go up i`d be nervous about his team selections! what was that "keep picking naylor" all about!!!!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 am

Bluebina wrote:Enjoy you're night off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lets just wait till the end of the season

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I've got nothing against him personally.

Spot on he now has everything he has ever wanted, the players, the stadium, the trainning ground so there can be no excuses.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:24 am

ITS ALL ABOUT DIFFERENT OPINIONS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Make No Apologies I just dont rate Dave Jones, I've given my reasons time and time again.
Will be very very interesting how DJ handles April/May and the pressure.

HOPEFULLY COME MAY WE ARE PROMOTED AUTOMATIC, LETS FACE IT YOU SHOULD NOT FAIL WITH THIS SQUAD OF PLAYERS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As Ive said before my Husky could manage them and we would go up.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I don't think so.People need to remember this is the squad he's put together.If DJ was'nt manager at this club we be following a totaly different side(player wise).Totaly different to someone like Brendan Rogers who inherited a good squad and has only had to tinker with it.Most people on here think we should be pissing this league by 20 points or more but thats not taking into account the strength of the rest of the league.In my opinion the only sides capable of walking away with this league are already occupying a healthy position in the prem.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 am

i personally just dont like him, no bad feelings end of :D

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I don't think so.People need to remember this is the squad he's put together.If DJ was'nt manager at this club we be following a totaly different side(player wise).Totaly different to someone like Brendan Rogers who inherited a good squad and has only had to tinker with it.Most people on here think we should be pissing this league by 20 points or more but thats not taking into account the strength of the rest of the league.In my opinion the only sides capable of walking away with this league are already occupying a healthy position in the prem.

It was a Joke, but if you took it Serious that just shows me how much little respect people do have for him.

The Jacks are up there and their wages are a quarter of ours.
Blackpool/Hull C/Watford/Burnley etc etc all have been promoted on a Quarter of City's Budget.

I personally Dont rate him and thats My Opinion and Belief.
I WILL BE BACKING MY TEAM AT EVERY GAME I ATTEND, SINGING/CHEERING and NEVER BOOING UNLIKE MANY OTHER FANS.

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:10 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:i personally just dont like him, no bad feelings end of :D

Baz, its his arrogance and attitude which has hurt a lot of fans.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:22 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I don't think so.People need to remember this is the squad he's put together.If DJ was'nt manager at this club we be following a totaly different side(player wise).Totaly different to someone like Brendan Rogers who inherited a good squad and has only had to tinker with it.Most people on here think we should be pissing this league by 20 points or more but thats not taking into account the strength of the rest of the league.In my opinion the only sides capable of walking away with this league are already occupying a healthy position in the prem.

And the squads continually failing are those put together by... Dave Jones.

Look at the quality within our squad. Warnock, Davies et al would sell their right arm to work with our players. Do we have a divine right to romp the div? No. Take a look at DJs 13 run slump and see where we'd be with 10 more points.

As for the rest of the league? Hate to break it to you, but the league standard this season has been fairly mediocre.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:27 am

milly44 wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:win or lose I still dont like him :lol:

i love it when we win, i hate it when we lose. i dislike jones when we lose, i dislike jones when we win :lol:

This ^^^^^^^ :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:28 am

nerd wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I don't think so.People need to remember this is the squad he's put together.If DJ was'nt manager at this club we be following a totaly different side(player wise).Totaly different to someone like Brendan Rogers who inherited a good squad and has only had to tinker with it.Most people on here think we should be pissing this league by 20 points or more but thats not taking into account the strength of the rest of the league.In my opinion the only sides capable of walking away with this league are already occupying a healthy position in the prem.

And the squads continually failing are those put together by... Dave Jones.

Look at the quality within our squad. Warnock, Davies et al would sell their right arm to work with our players. Do we have a divine right to romp the div? No. Take a look at DJs 13 run slump and see where we'd be with 10 more points.

As for the rest of the league? Hate to break it to you, but the league standard this season has been fairly mediocre.

Spot on Nerd and Nerd is always straight down the middle with his posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 am

Spot on Nerd and Nerd is always straight down the middle with his posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

As long as he agrees with your point of view eh? ;)

Though,maybe your right.I suppose if DJ started arse kissing the fans a bit more and giving the more self important ones the occaisional blow job he might be a lot more popular. :lol:

Hope I don't get banned for this as its only my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:54 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Spot on Nerd and Nerd is always straight down the middle with his posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Though,maybe your right.I suppose if DJ started arse kissing the fans a bit more and giving the more self important ones the occaisional blow job he might be a lot more popular. :lol:

Hope I don't get banned for this as its only my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

HAVE you turned to Sarcasm and Sniping due to not being able to Answer what Nerd has said ? Now you are being very childish.

Carl Curtis SUPPORTS DJ ALL THE WAY, WE ARGUE/DEBATE about it, but we certainly dont revert to being a SNIPER :roll: :roll:
Rem I never started this thread.

In My opinion its Spot on because its what I believe as well, others will agree with you, thats whats great about this Forum, ALL OPINIONS WELCOME LIKE YOURS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Attn all the DJ haters .................. "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:55 am

When we do not get promoted to the promised land again, with HIS team, then we'll talk further, so
for now after a 6 hour journey back form Hull and just waking up - JONES OUT - and the reason:
No I wont go into that, we've been there many times before but just enough to say - he is f*cking useless! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:55 am

DJ is also part of the team , in fact he put the team together , the one who should get up automatically , so if everyone hates DJ thn he has improved team placing year on year and improved team with no budget .

So everyone who support the team indirectly must be supporting Jones as he picks it and has put it together .

again an opinion thrown in , we wont ever get evryone who loves managers , hope when we go up that DJ given chance by everyone to make a go at it in prem , somehow i doubt it

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:26 pm

HAVE you turned to Sarcasm and Sniping due to not being able to Answer what Nerd has said ? Now you are being very childish. Sarcastic..........well yes I suppose so,A sniper and childish? :roll: Thank you for including me in the majority of people that post on here. :o As for nerds post.I didn't realise that answering replies was a prerequiste for posting on here......sorry I'll have a serious word with myself :oops: But here goes,he makes 3 points.1,That Warnock,Davis etc would give their right arm to manage a squad like citys.Maybe, but I can think of another 50 or 60 in the football league(never mind the conferance etc)that would probably say the same thing.Stuth!!even I'd like a go but I'd probably make an even worse job than your husky :lol: To my knowledge none of them have actualy said they could do a better job than DJ so I guess its just an opinion and supposition on nerds part.No problem there.2,That we've no divine right to win the league by 20pts.We seem to be in agreement there :ayatollah: 3,That the league is not as strong as I think.Ok thats his opinion,again,no probs.Forgive me for thinking thats nerds post is not the ball crushing rational that clinches your argument. :o

Carl Curtis SUPPORTS DJ ALL THE WAY, WE ARGUE/DEBATE about it, but we certainly dont revert to being a SNIPER :roll: :roll:
Rem I never started this thread.
No,very true Annis.But if I had a pound for every sniping anti DJ thread you have started I'd be able to buy loads and loads of your books. :lol:
In My opinion its Spot on because its what I believe as well, others will agree with you, thats whats great about this Forum, ALL OPINIONS WELCOME LIKE YOURS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]Thanks for that :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:59 pm

I just think with a more tactically aware and passionate manager we would have had this league sewn up by now. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Spot on Nerd and Nerd is always straight down the middle with his posts :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hope I don't get banned for this as its only my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Sneggy, I often don't agree with Annis, or others. Mostly due to the fact i hold my own beliefs, but also due to being a contrary b*stard at times. I've also never been banned.

I couldn't care less if DJ acted like a windmill and have certainly never fantasised about a blowjob from him.

Now, since it's nice to debate facts, let's take a look at a few things.

Of DJ's many seasons in this division - with us and other teams - the constant running theme, 2 promotions aside , are of getting teams into positions to go up only to fall away. Wolves? Blew a massive lead. Us? Preston 6-0 ring any bells? Blowing a nailed on playoff spot when we had a fantastic goal difference advantage.

Now, with regards to player recruitment, clearly wages have been a massive part of that. Assuming those players have only come here because of DJ, where do you then draw the line in giving credit / blame if players DJ recruited aren't performing? Season after season Dj has complained the players HE brought in weren't mentally tough enough. Recruited heavily start of the season, best ever squad - only to then want another 5 in January - surely that brings into question his signings?

It's heartening to see we've stiffened at the back. I put that down to a combination of two things - Keinan ( and let's not forget many fans called him a "failure" before he played for us ) and the dropping of Naylor. Lee Naylor has cost us 7-10 goals throughout the season, which would have given us around the same number of points as QPR. Blind loyalty to a former Wolves favourite of his has meant we're not in control of our destiny.

Tactical tinkering purely for the Swansea game - rushing Drinkwater back when not fully fit - have all had consequences. H20 was looking superb early season. After that game, looked a shadow of the player he was. To the extent he wanted to leave. Where does that fault lie? Player or manager?

I would absolutely love us to be promoted. Heart says we will; head says no, given DJ's record in the past.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 pm

Bluebina,

Hate is a very strong word. I hope I have never said I hate DJ cos I wouldn't have meant to. Unless I was pissed when I say ridiculous things. So I apologise if I have.

Anyway, excellent points made by nerd and a good read.

I do however dislike DJ, mostly for his intransigance and inability to see or admit his mistakes.

I shall say two words to make my point. Lee Naylor. As I have said before, should we not, god forbid, go up automatically, then DJ's failure to manage this part of the team correctly will undoubtedly have cost us dear. I do not blame Lee Naylor. It is not his fault he is hopeless. Both Watford and Wurzels realised he was hopeless and made us pay dearly by attacking, very successfully our left hand defence. We are 10 times better now we have a secure back 4. If a scout who watches a player once and sees he is useless, then a manager who sees him every day should realise it as well.

Anyway, we are up automatically with 85 points

I thank you

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Bluebina wrote:Enjoy you're night off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your post indicates you have no understanding of the case against Jones. Jones is a competent manager with a PR problem. Add to that the fact that he has only just discovered tactics and has favourites who he'll play despite form there are any number of reasons for people to be dissatisfied with him.

I am very dissatisfied with Jones but that does not mean I hate him. I wish I could learn on the job like he has on the money he was on.

Having said all that I will admit that this year he has been showing signs of improvement but I doubt he has the competence to manage in the Premiership should we find ourselves there.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:39 pm

How can people say he has had no money .. the first 2 seasons yes but the last 3 seasons JOnes as done well with money we have been at the top on paying wages christ he got rid of Thommo who was not on big wages and brought in Eddie Johnson on loan he was on 18 grand a week not a great bit of management lol