Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Attn all the DJ haters .................. "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Maybe,but you could balance that by saying that he got bothroyd in for £8k pw which given his return is a f*cking stunning piece of work :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:06 pm

You could, IF Jones had control of the purse strings at that time.

I'd say it's more likely than not the wages were down to Ridsdale, not Jones.

And if you then wanted to retort with Jones turned round a troubled player ( Koumas, Bothroyd ) I can easily respond with players he's mismanaged - Alexander, Weston, Purse, Rambo, Thompson...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:12 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Maybe,but you could balance that by saying that he got bothroyd in for £8k pw which given his return is a f*cking stunning piece of work :ayatollah:

Jay is one of DJ's best Results while he has been here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:34 pm

nerd wrote:You could, IF Jones had control of the purse strings at that time.

I'd say it's more likely than not the wages were down to Ridsdale, not Jones.

And if you then wanted to retort with Jones turned round a troubled player ( Koumas, Bothroyd ) I can easily respond with players he's mismanaged - Alexander, Weston, Purse, Rambo, Thompson...

Lol, to every action there is a reaction. Think that is the saying.

Its when you put all the pieces to the jigsaw together you get the full picture. Now if I was a Swansea fan I would be over the moon with the way things are going for them. However I'm not, I'm a Cardiff fan and considering we are a bigger club with more potential than they will ever have then I cant say I'm happy with our situation. Forget where we were 10 years ago, I remember us being in this position where we are today 40 years ago. We failed to build from that then, lets hope we dont this time.

40 years ago we had a board that did not want to go up, so a lot reckon. Today at the helm we have a totally different leadership with the resources to get us where THEY want us. Jimmy Scoular in the 70s, so I am now beginnign to see, stood very little chance of getting us up as he had his hands tied behind his back a lot more than DJ claims to have been over the last 6 years. Even so Scoular got us a lot closer to the promised land than DJ. So to say DJ has been our best manager ever, thoughs people are having a laugh.

However you look at it DJ should get us promoted this season. Is it a God forgiven right we should be promoted? No but with a little bit of work it should be a forgone conclusion given what we have. My mate has a porsche car, would be beat me in a race against my Vectra. Well he should if he knows how to handle it. Simple really when you look at it that way.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:Maybe,but you could balance that by saying that he got bothroyd in for £8k pw which given his return is a f*cking stunning piece of work :ayatollah:

Jay is one of DJ's best Results while he has been here :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed, he has signed a lot of other players aswell including McNaughton, Bellamy, Chopra, Roger Loovens, Hudson the list goes on............

I think the good he has done way outweighs the bad.

I personally think that if he had a more friendly personalty like a Sam Hammam or Eddie May type, and kissed the badge, ran to the fans after games and always praised us up, a lot of the fans who dislike him would feel a lot closer to him.

You have got to say, he doesn't fanny people, and he is straight and you know where you are with him.

As for sticking with favourite players, virtually every fan in the country says the same about their manager, it's just part of the game they stick with players they think they can trust for too long, in hindsight I think DJ knows his continued support of Naylor was a mistake, but every manager makes them and no manager is perfect.

Anyway he will take us up this year I am convinced, so lets get behind him and enjoy the rest of the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm

I dislike Dave Jones immensely, I'm not going to like him just because he manages my club. My support of HIS team is all that is needed.

If he goes away, has a personality transplant and becomes more Warnockesque, then I will reconsider.

NOT ONCE will I stop supporting our players or our club.

Re: Attn all the DJ haters ..................

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:59 pm

nerd wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I don't think so.People need to remember this is the squad he's put together.If DJ was'nt manager at this club we be following a totaly different side(player wise).Totaly different to someone like Brendan Rogers who inherited a good squad and has only had to tinker with it.Most people on here think we should be pissing this league by 20 points or more but thats not taking into account the strength of the rest of the league.In my opinion the only sides capable of walking away with this league are already occupying a healthy position in the prem.

And the squads continually failing are those put together by... Dave Jones.

Wrong.

The squads consistently exceeding expectations are those of Dave Jones.

I assume you mean prior to this season of course, given that this season is nowhere near over.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:44 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I dislike Dave Jones immensely, I'm not going to like him just because he manages my club. My support of HIS team is all that is needed.

If he goes away, has a personality transplant and becomes more Warnockesque, then I will reconsider.

NOT ONCE will I stop supporting our players or our club.

"IMMENSELY" ???.................By feck you got a problem son!! :old:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i personally just dont like him, no bad feelings end of :D

Baz, its his arrogance and attitude which has hurt a lot of fans.

He took us to an FA Cup Final, something NONE of us thought we would ever see....for that reason alone, he's a Legend for me.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:30 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
nerd wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:I don't think so.People need to remember this is the squad he's put together.If DJ was'nt manager at this club we be following a totaly different side(player wise).Totaly different to someone like Brendan Rogers who inherited a good squad and has only had to tinker with it.Most people on here think we should be pissing this league by 20 points or more but thats not taking into account the strength of the rest of the league.In my opinion the only sides capable of walking away with this league are already occupying a healthy position in the prem.

And the squads continually failing are those put together by... Dave Jones.

Wrong.

The squads consistently exceeding expectations are those of Dave Jones.

I assume you mean prior to this season of course, given that this season is nowhere near over.

Did they exceed expectations? Even pre this season, we still had strong squads for this division.

Who, when the crunch time came, fell away.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:i personally just dont like him, no bad feelings end of :D

Baz, its his arrogance and attitude which has hurt a lot of fans.

He took us to an FA Cup Final, something NONE of us thought we would ever see....for that reason alone, he's a Legend for me.

Well, playing devil's advocate, we had a fairly easy route to the final - a subpar Boro the toughest game on the way.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:09 pm

earnieblue wrote:If we win promotion. i still wont like the guy :roll:

if we win the Champions L. stil wont like DJ misery,and i will be sad to win promotion with him :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:27 pm

15 million pound a year on wages :o there is no other club near us in the championship paying this yet dj has got every single one of them in if we dont go up he has to go eitherway the guys a dinosaur living in caveman times so its time to move on whatever the outcome :ayatollah: