Hull City that is! ;) :) :ayatollah:

Re: City To Sign Free Agent Utuhu?

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Hehe,they r welcome to him :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Overthemoon wrote:http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?page=news&news_id=517

Hull City that is! ;) :) :ayatollah:

Thank f**k for that. I thought we were signing him when i saw the thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 pm

I was listening to Radio Hull on the way back yesterday and they had Nigel Pearson on there talking about bringing in a speedy player. Well if he does bring Ethutu in then it will be interesting to see how he does. He is a winger and I can see Pearson using him for that unlike DJ who basically had him for a Iay backup.

Yesterday Hull had no width about them and when they did manage to get the ball wide there was no danger of any of them getting pass our defence. Ethutu could be a useful call if used properly.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I was listening to Radio Hull on the way back yesterday and they had Nigel Pearson on there talking about bringing in a speedy player. Well if he does bring Ethutu in then it will be interesting to see how he does. He is a winger and I can see Pearson using him for that unlike DJ who basically had him for a Iay backup.

Yesterday Hull had no width about them and when they did manage to get the ball wide there was no danger of any of them getting pass our defence. Ethutu could be a useful call if used properly.

I think you're right and to be fair to him, prior to him getting injured whilst playing for us and having to go back to Manchester for umpteen weeks, he looked like he had the makings of a decent player!

I thought he looked a very good player when we drew 0-0 at Forest last season!

Clearly he never came back the same player from Man City after his injury, certainly couldn't head the ball, but he couldn't half run!

If he's managed to get himself back to the form that he showed early doors for us and to the promise that he must have shown to Mark Hughes, he'd surely be worth a try as a freebie at Championship level at least!

I personally think, that he'd be more use to another Championship team this season than us, one which hopefully we won't have to play against ourselves and hope that he does some damage against our promotion rivals!

Clearly this damage won't be done in the air! :) :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Shame is he will always be remembered for that awful showing against Blackpool in the play-off final. His excellent performance filling in for Jay at WBA when we won 2-0 (a performance discribed by some as the best ever in the Dave Jones era) is totally forgotten.

As Baked said it would be interesting to see how he gets on under a decent manager like Nigel Pearson.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:03 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Shame is he will always be remembered for that awful showing against Blackpool in the play-off final. His excellent performance filling in for Jay at WBA when we won 2-0 (a performance discribed by some as the best ever in the Dave Jones era) is totally forgotten.

As Baked said it would be interesting to see how he gets on under a decent manager like Nigel Pearson.

Forgot about WBA and as I was there, I should have remembered it! :oops: :old:

He did play very well against them, but not nearly as well as Scott Carson, who was better at heading (Chopra) , than Utuhu! :) :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Thats such a relief when I saw the headlines I thought what the hell are the club doing, He was a disgrace cup final day the lack of effort he put in

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:42 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Thats such a relief when I saw the headlines I thought what the hell are the club doing, He was a disgrace cup final day the lack of effort he put in

Don't think there was a lack of effort to be honest, just a lack of match practice and lack of skill in the air! :ayatollah: