Re: Phonics @ CCS confirmed

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:41 am

Gotta get tickets for that! :D

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:45 am

I want my seat! :headbang:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:56 am

As a point of order do CCFC benefit from this in any way? I assume Compass are the ones renting out 'our' stadium to the Phonics and pocketing all the profits from catering etc?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 am

Surely compass only get the proceeds from the corporate side of things and the food/drink? Compass cannot book events for within the 'bowl' so to speak, that's all in the control of the club.

Cardiff would get the money for hiring the stadium, just like the Blues arrangement.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 am

city_85 wrote:Surely compass only get the proceeds from the corporate side of things and the food/drink? Compass cannot book events for within the 'bowl' so to speak, that's all in the control of the club.

Cardiff would get the money for hiring the stadium, just like the Blues arrangement.

I'm not sure on that. There was a famous incident with the Trust about a year ago when they tried to book a room in the new stadium for an initiative they had last September.

They received a £300 quote from Compass for rental use. It caused up roar and the Trust complained to the club. The situation was finally resolved by the farcical arrangement that the club paid half the fee (£150) to rent a room from Compass which was in their OWN stadium.

That said you have raised a good point about the Blues ‘rent’

Who do the Blues pay that money to, the club or Compass? I have tried several times to find out to who the money is paid and indeed exactly how much, but the information is never forthcoming.

One final point it's my understanding that the WFA would have to deal with Compass and not the club if they wanted to use the stadium for International matches.
Last edited by Tony Blue Williams on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:16 am

city_85 wrote:I want my seat! :headbang:

Surely Ambos get 1st choice of seats :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 am

On the pitch! On the pitch! On the pitch! Can't wait for this. Going to hopefully afford tickets when they're released.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 am

If we think the pitch is in a bad way now, wait til after June 5th!!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
city_85 wrote:Surely compass only get the proceeds from the corporate side of things and the food/drink? Compass cannot book events for within the 'bowl' so to speak, that's all in the control of the club.

I'm not sure on that. There was a famous incident with the Trust about a year ago when they tried to book a room in the new stadium for an initiative they had last September.

They received a £300 quote from Compass for rental use. It caused up roar and the Trust complained to the club. The situation was finally resolved by the farcical arrangement that the club paid half the fee (£150) to rent a room from Compass which was in their OWN stadium.

That said you have raised a good point about the Blues ‘rent’

Who do the Blues pay that money to, the club or Compass? I have tried several times to find out to who the money is paid and indeed exactly how much, but the information is never forthcoming.

One final point it's my understanding that the WFA would have to deal with Compass and not the club if they wanted to use the stadium for International matches.

The examples you give are for use of the corporate facilities; Compass run those. AFAIK, the deal runs the Compass organise, take payment, club receives some income then from Compass - don't quote me on that.

Blues pay rent to CCFC. Not Compass.

FAW, when playing here, pay CCFC.

Stereophonics will be paying CCFC.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:46 am

Platambos should get them at a discounted price in my opinion.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 am

city_85 wrote:http://www.stereophonics.com/#/news/

:ayatollah:

Take your Leeds flag!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:05 pm

nerd wrote:The examples you give are for use of the corporate facilities; Compass run those. AFAIK, the deal runs the Compass organise, take payment, club receives some income then from Compass - don't quote me on that.

Blues pay rent to CCFC. Not Compass.

FAW, when playing here, pay CCFC.

Stereophonics will be paying CCFC.

You might be right because I have no conclusive proof to the contary, but I still find the whole thing confusing.

If the Blues pay rent to us & Compass pocket all the profits from lard arsed Eggers who buy anything from the corporate areas or concorses, then I'm at a loss to understand how the Blues make anything on a home game at CCS?

However, it would make sense if the Blues paid their rent to Compass who then gave them a seperate 'cashback' deal on match day sales of food and drink at Rugby matches.

I know we receive a payment every year (apparently £1m) with a linked bonus if targets are beaten

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 pm

:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Cant wait
guna sell out quick mind

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

the phonics are absolute shit!!!!! a band for people who pretend to like music,i for one wont be going
sorry guys just my opinion