Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CHOPS/BELLS/JAY ? "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 am

" CHOPS/BELLS/JAY "

Who do you Believe is the player that is most needed out of the 3 to get Us Promoted, I know We need All 3, But if you had to Choose.

Mine would of been Bells, but as He Can Never play 2 games in a week,SO CHOPS WOULD BE MY CHOICE and I am Glad DJ has realised we cannot do without him, its not just his goals, its his all round play :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " CHOPS/BELLS/JAY "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:38 am

Chops is hitting form at just the right time and like you say, his workrate is
second to none!!

I think a combination of all three is perfect. They are all so good in their own right
that the opposition cannot adequately mark all three all game. This is why it has
been so bloody vital we tightened up the defence. Its also vital that Jones has now
seen that Darcy is a bloody good player. I hope to god he doesnt put Naylor ahead
of him in the pecking order again.

We're going up as champions!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:40 am

Tough one :D ...I would go with Bellamy, but agree with what you mean with the game time, the more I think about it the harder it is to choose :lol: :lol: a great thing really :ayatollah: ..Chopra is on fire at the moment, just gutted about Rambo going back to Arsenal. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:42 am

Got to agree with you, It has got to be Chopra he doesn"t need many chances before he finds the net and his movement to create space not only for himself but also for others is top draw. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 am

Chopra is the best all round footballer in our squad! We can't ever part with him, currently he is irreplaceable!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 am

I'm going with Chopra. Like you said, he offers so much more than goals. He defends from the front, encourages and his work rate is second to none. It's like having an extra player out there when he's playing. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:53 am

First half of the season, i thought if Jay got injured we would be lost, he dragged us "kicking and screaming" through some games, :ayatollah: now he is on a bit of a Barron run by his standards, step up chops,, take over the mantle.... :ayatollah:

Bellers is class, but i agree, chopra is the man!!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:14 am

Chops will fire the goals to get us promoted. The hurt on his face at Wembley last year shows he is a Bluebird through and through and what it means to him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:14 am

and to think some on here thought early in the season that 3-4 million would be good buisness for chopra..... currently hes irreplacable..... :D

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:21 am

Think Bellamy has said he can play in all of our remaining games so if he starts all of them him, wish we still had Rambo though he has been outstanding

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 am

chops i would of said he always in the right place at the right time :ayatollah:

Re: " CHOPS/BELLS/JAY ? "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:53 am

Tough to say they all have important rolls, at the moment Chopra is hitting his best form at the right time and scoring some really important goals. Just glad we have all three :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:53 am

They are all match winners so it's difficult to say although Jay is probably the most important because most of our forward play involves him. Chops works so hard looks to be runing into form with his goals but there is so much more to his game than goals. I have always believed Craig is the best player in the Championship and more than any other player at the club can do something special - the jacks and reading games being good examples.

Myworry is that they are all on 7 bookings for the season now and we have 6 games until the 10 booking amnesty after the 2nd Sunday in April so I hope none of them pick up a 2 games suspension because we could do without that.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:58 am

At the moment its Chopra - I'm sure he does better when the weather starts to warm up!

However, when he was missing in the early autumn it was clearly Jay with Bellamy close behind.

In the cold bad form days of November/December it was Bellamy who kept the team driving forward, encouraging them to fight for one point even if 3 were'nt available.

If any one of these 3 is on form, we have a chance.

However, I have a feeling that when we get promoted we will look back to the turning point of the season as being when we signed Dekel Keinan.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:11 am

Chops everytime, the man can change the game in a second, the man is a legend to me, nearly as
much as Ian Gibson. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:12 am

Agreed, Bellers because of his al round experience, knowledge and passion...but Chops for similar reasons but also his intelligent running which manipulates the opposition, hes our main goal threat imo :ayatollah:

Keinan and Hudson are qually important though in different ways

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:04 pm

I think Chops , he gives his all , wants the win every game . Jay is getting atch fit at mment and lost some momentum , Craig is hot and cold , maybe the last two months is where sports peole perform , when the points and wins matter , peaking now is a good thing and we are on great run this year ................And dont forget defence , Hudson playing well , if forwards are on fire gives whole team a boost

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Michael Chopra and to think he is playing through the pain barrier with a fracture in his ankle/foot. :ayatollah:
Couldn't see Jay doing that could you ?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:24 pm

all three can make and score a goal out of nothing,as it seems chopra has hit scoring form when it seems bothroyds has gone but for pure quality you cant get better than bellamy :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 pm

Chopra without a doubt. Bothroyd is just going through the motions at the moment. He looks uninterested mostvof the game and is not giving 100% anymore in my opinion

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Michael Chopra? Yes he's come good the last few games but his touch, awareness and build up play is abysmal!!! If you were talking of the Chopra who first came here I may agree with you but this guy is a shadow of himself now! His scoring record over the last 18 months is very average! If he is finally sorting his life out, getting fit, and going to be the player he once was then he could fire us up but he's a long way off that still, despite recent goals! However, despite my preference for us to play 451, if Chops is going to finally go on one of his runs (and its a long time coming) then he cant be left out!

Has every forgotten just how brilliant Jay was up until he was injured? His performances were amongst the best I have seen in a Cardiff shirt, and saw him lead the league goalscoring charts and get an England cap! If Jay gets back to where he was then he will be a far superior player and far more important! The whole way we play is based around him (as we saw in last years Play Off Final when he went off)! In an ideal world Chops will find his form of a few years ago, Jay will get back to his form before his injury and that should see us blow teams away and walk this league!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:53 pm

It would be Jay for me, we just dont look the same team without him even when he isnt on brilliant form like now

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:23 pm

when jay bothroyd was missing we took 11 point from 10 games (1.1 points a game)

when jay bothroyd is in the team we have 50 points from 24 games (2.1 points a game)

people on here might prefer that chops/bellamy work harder but bothroyd is by a long long way our most important player

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:50 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:when jay bothroyd was missing we took 11 point from 10 games (1.1 points a game)

when jay bothroyd is in the team we have 50 points from 24 games (2.1 points a game)

people on here might prefer that chops/bellamy work harder but bothroyd is by a long long way our most important player

Spot on mate, the problem at the minute is he still isn't back to his best form after the injury, but look out when he is !!!!

The other two are superb and also important, but not as much as Jay :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" CHOPS/BELLS/JAY "

Who do you Believe is the player that is most needed out of the 3 to get Us Promoted, I know We need All 3, But if you had to Choose.

Mine would of been Bells, but as He Can Never play 2 games in a week,SO CHOPS WOULD BE MY CHOICE and I am Glad DJ has realised we cannot do without him, its not just his goals, its his all round play :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

100% chops purely on his workrate and sheer individual style,aggression,pride,and fight to the last. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: