Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reason why we'll challenge for the title...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:38 am

and not just second place......IMO is the feel good factor that is now visible amongst the squad/ players, and was not previously evident in the last 3 months or so.

A couple of examples were on show yesterday, most notably Chops' celebration for his goal. Clearly a rehearsed celebration which reflects in imo the pressure and expectation of automatic promotion has now lifted from the players, when in stark contrast was resting heavily on the players shoulders previously. The players are obviously having fun on the training ground and enjoying expessing themselves - which can only result (hopefully) in a continuation of our current form and more goals at a vital stage of the season.

Aaron Ramsey I believe has been at the core of this turnaround, along with possibly the voice of this forum which has highlighted en masse some the issues we've all had in this respect.

The team have clearly found a confidence and new found inspiration from Ramsey's top level presence and creativity in such a pivotal position, and I sincerely hope (if he has played his last game for us this season) his legacy is not only mirrored in our form but the atmosphere surrounding the squad and our approach.

The players conduct post final whistle has been criticised and rightly so by this forum, however the thread below clearly shows we may have turned a corner in this respect yesterday.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37926

At such an important stage we now appear to be firing on all cylinders both on and off the pitch, and we as fans imo now have an opportunity and responsibility to build and deliver an unrivalled relationship with our players......what an opportunity to do so in front of the Sky cameras and the whole football community next, in a late primetime kick off against Ipswich this coming Saturday!

Our previous default feeling of negativity and lack of enjoyment, even when considering our league position is now rapidly being replaced with excitement and genuine belief - long may it continue...BLOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Reason why we'll challenge for the title...

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:41 am

JonScam wrote:and not just second place......IMO is the feel good factor that is now visible amongst the squad/ players, and was not previously evident in the last 3 months or so.

A couple of examples were on show yesterday, most notably Chops' celebration for his goal. Clearly a rehearsed celebration which reflects in imo the pressure and expectation of automatic promotion has now lifted from the players, when in stark contrast was resting heavily on the players shoulders previously. The players are obviously having fun on the training ground and enjoying expessing themselves - which can only result (hopefully) in a continuation of our current form and more goals at a vital stage of the season.

Aaron Ramsey I believe has been at the core of this turnaround, along with possibly the voice of this forum which has highlighted en masse some the issues we've all had in this respect.

The team have clearly found a confidence and new found inspiration from Ramsey's top level presence and creativity in such a pivotal position, and I sincerely hope (if he has played his last game for us this season) his legacy is not only mirrored in our form but the atmosphere surrounding the squad and our approach.

The players conduct post final whistle has been criticised and rightly so by this forum, however the thread below clearly shows we may have turned a corner in this respect yesterday.

At such an important stage we now appear to be firing on all cylinders both on and off the pitch, and we as fans imo now have an opportunity and responsibility to build and deliver an unrivalled relationship with our players......what an opportunity to do so in front of the Sky cameras and the whole football community next, in a late primetime kick off against Ipswich this coming Saturday!

Our previous default feeling of negativity and lack of enjoyment, even when considering our league position is now rapidly being replaced with excitement and genuine belief - long may it continue...BLOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post! :D

We are going up, say we are going up!

:D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:49 am

Overthemoon wrote:
JonScam wrote:and not just second place......IMO is the feel good factor that is now visible amongst the squad/ players, and was not previously evident in the last 3 months or so.

Good post! :D

:D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Still get a bit twitchy about signing that one atm...dont want to give it the kiss of death! :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:57 am

Very good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:59 am

Would love to win the league, but aslong as we go up in autos I'll be more than happy. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:13 pm

the momentum it would give us pre-season and into the Prem if we went up as Champs would be unreal... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Find it a bit nauseous saying 'This Forum has had a big impact'... lets not get carried
away with ourselves eh. If somebody wrote that on the CCMB we'd all be calling them
arrogant. The players know they have been shite. I think the reason we are picking
up is down to the defence. Its frustrating as f**k trying to get a decent run going
when you know your defence is letting you down. They will blame the midfield and
vice versa, all of a sudden you have unrest. Splits. Factions. Right now the lads will
be going back into that dressing room giving the defence huge pats on the back and
complimenting them on a job well done... the defence will be chuffed to f**k and will
start to bond as a unit.

Suddenly - you have a 'team' again.

Ramsey has been brilliant. But the reason the team are starting to gel is Keinan, Quinn
McNaughton and 'Rock'

Long may it continue

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:54 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Find it a bit much saying 'This Forum has had a big impact'... lets not get carried
away with ourselves eh. If somebody wrote that on the CCMB we'd all be calling them
arrogant. The players know they have been shite. I think the reason we are picking
up is down to the defence. Its frustrating as f**k trying to get a decent run going
when you know your defence is letting you down. They will blame the midfield and
vice versa, all of a sudden you have unrest. Splits. Factions. Right now the lads will
be going back into that dressing room giving the defence huge pats on the back and
complimenting them on a job well done... the defence will be chuffed to f**k and will
start to bond as a unit.

Suddenly - you have a 'team' again.

Ramsey has been brilliant. But the reason the team are starting to gel is Keinan, Quinn
McNaughton and 'Rock'

Long may it continue

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Great post. With the squad we have we should win the league :?

I noticed the squad unity at the Leicester game when all of the players made sure they hugged each other before kick off
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:16 pm

The reason why I think we will be challanging for the title is that I think we are currently in the best position we could be in (League wise) to give our team and fans motivation and confidence to kick on to do so... and now its all about timing!

If we were currently sitting second in the league then I believe we would all be getting very edgey with swansea and the rest of the chasing pack breathing down our neck and we would be more worried about dropping out of the top two and bottling in like past years than challanging for the top. Then I feel we would really struggle to get back on form to get back into automatics. At least at the moment we are looking up and not worried about anybody catching us... Its a position we havn't been in for the past few years and hopefully our squad will produce the best results because of it!

Hopefully, after a few more games when it really starts coming to the crunch, Swansea will soon be feeling the pressure of staying in the top two and we will be ready to pounce and use that boost to keep pushing QPR right down to the wire!

COME ON THE CITY... THIS IS OUR YEAR!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:20 pm

The one thing that disappoint 's me and could be a decisive factor for automatic promotion come the end of the season, is the players not willing to carrying on with the game ,and standing around moaning after they feel a decision has not gone their way, and play is continuing, referess will not change their decision.

Bellamy could have been sent off with a deliberate handball after he had been already booked, for moaning at the ref or indeed the crowd . Chopra twice yesterday went down far to easily it must be all about discipline and organisation from here on in. Yes it was a certain penalty and still do not understand why Bothroyd 's goal was disallowed.

So come on Dave Jones get the discipline sorted out on the pitch, it could cost us !!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:35 pm

what a difference one game makes ay...only us

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:36 pm

JonScam wrote:what a difference one game makes ay...only us

Hmm, I Honestly think there is virtually No Chance of catching QPR.
About 5 of us are chasing 2nd place.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hmm, I Honestly think there is virtually No Chance of catching QPR.
About 5 of us are chasing 2nd place.

I'm 50/50...its so unpredicatable it frustrates the fu*k out of me and everyone else I think how we cant take control of the situation for once

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Exactly.

Which is why I can't get too devastated over a defeat like so many that plague the messageboards.

Of course the downside to that is I can't get excited over a win either, but suffice it to say we'll all go to work on Monday in a filthy mood, and on Wednesday we'll all be a lot happier with the three points from Palarse.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:31 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:

Exactly.

Which is why I can't get too devastated over a defeat like so many that plague the messageboards.

Of course the downside to that is I can't get excited over a win either, but suffice it to say we'll all go to work on Monday in a filthy mood, and on Wednesday we'll all be a lot happier with the three points from Palarse.

Hope so buddy... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: