Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Optimism for Wales v England

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 pm

A couple of good indicators for genuine optimism for this massive game were on show in yesterdays fixtures and current form of certain players.

Aaron Ramsey is an obvious example, and by the time this game comes around he'll be firing close to his magical best imo after a couple of weeks with Arsenal - coupled with the adrenalin factor the game will bring for the players.

Andy King was made captain yesterday (not sure if hes had this acolade previously?) however if a manager of Svens quality and experience has faith to that extent in a young Welsh midfielder, that can only be positive from our perpsective.

Crofts performance for Norwich yesterday not only reflects hes building/ varying/ and developing his game nicely, but also shows a welcomed purple patch of form when considering the two quality goals he scored.

Vaughan was made captain for Blackpool yesterday (again not sure if previously Holloway has given this to him) however that again shows the faith a Premiership team and manager has in a Welsh midfielder - an area of the team that was completely over run by the Republic in Dublic recently.

Cotterill is receiving rave reviews at Pompey and has clearly found a new lease of life there which is exempliied in his goal yesterday.

The captaincy factors will not only bring much needed leadership and direction in what is still a young international team, however this accompanied with our match winners of Bellers and Bale on each wing to compliment the talent we have centrally gives us imo a real chance.

Morrison spearheading and leading the line and an attack, with Bale; Bellers; and King just behind him with Crofts and Ramsey working hard as a pair just behind and pulling the strings - with a solid back four of Williams; Collins; Eardley and whoever plays at left back in Ricketts absence gives me more than a cause for optimism. Just hope Speed goes with this team tbh :ayatollah:

Re: Optimism for Wales v England

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:34 pm

I beileve keeping our big three fit

We will have a chance of winning

I think that there is toom many overated players in that england squad, Glen johnson, John terry (this season)

i just think if we can keep it tight

we will sneak it

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:57 pm

I would love to see Wales win, but let's get realistic here. England have players like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Walcott who are in a different class to our boys. A draw would be a brilliant result for us.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:I would love to see Wales win, but let's get realistic here. England have players like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Walcott who are in a different class to our boys. A draw would be a brilliant result for us.

I agree, i think what we've got though is a much better chance an reason for optimism than as close as a month or so ago - confidence is a huge factor in sport and our players are atm playin in relatively successful teams :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:I would love to see Wales win, but let's get realistic here. England have players like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Walcott who are in a different class to our boys. A draw would be a brilliant result for us.

Its fair point but none of players for me step up on international stage
a draw would be outstanding but i honestly beileve we can win
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Hope you're right mate, I saw some great Wales/England games at NP in the 60's and 70's, we drew some but never won.