Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

can we beat teams who shut up shop

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:02 pm

we stopped hull,s run, stopped liecester,s run we seem to struggle when we play teams who shut up shop and try to dog us out of games . now with so called lesser teams to come next canwe keep winning .personally i think we can becouse i genuinly believe jones,y has learnt his lesson on team/tactics especially substitutions to see out games (burnley being an exception) . my only concern now is how we adapt without rambo lets hope we can get him back (i think it,s still possible)lets hope whits or who ever can do the job and our great run continues

Re: can we beat teams who shut up shop

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:07 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:we stopped hull,s run, stopped liecester,s run we seem to struggle when we play teams who shut up shop and try to dog us out of games . now with so called lesser teams to come next canwe keep winning .personally i think we can becouse i genuinly believe jones,y has learnt his lesson on team/tactics especially substitutions to see out games (burnley being an exception) . my only concern now is how we adapt without rambo lets hope we can get him back (i think it,s still possible)lets hope whits or who ever can do the job and our great run continues

I Believe we struggle against teams who shut up shop and just look to draw a game and Defend. Grab a goal against the run off play and then shut up shop again.
This is where we have No plan B, Just My opinion.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:11 pm

that,s where i think dj has changed. plan b is now parkin ,koumas, darcy ,jet, etc

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:11 pm

With the amount of attacking talent we have at our disposal it shouldn't be a problem breaking them down.It is down to DJ to play the tactics that will work and also use his subs at the right times. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:12 pm

I think its been a season of top teams struggling to beat teams who shut up shop. Every team that has come to the CCS has shut up shop and most teams we visit are also happy for a draw.
I think the jacks maynow find a similar attitude when they go to lower teams. Up to this point most teams have had a go at them but now when the jacks visit they may find that teams will play for a draw.
City and QPR struggled with this through the winter. Notts forest have seen it since Jan and are struggling getting wins away. I strongly believe the gypos will experience this from now on. It wil be interesting to see how they tackle this.

Can we beat Millwall/Preston etc away? Thats the question that will define our season!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:16 pm

i feel more confident away from home than at ccs