Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:02 am

12 Games to go.......Can we do it? I just hope we can before the backlash starts....

We have had our ups and downs so far this season. What worries me is the statistics of Aaron Ramsey.Since he started playing for us we have not lost a single game..when he was out for forest..we lost. Now ramseys gone i just hope we can keep up the good work and push on. To be fair, we cant ask for better with our last two results. two very big wins for us.

My worry is Swansea are currently playing good football with a no fear attitude. Lets hope someone can beat them soon before they get more and more confident. Im looking at their fixture with Forest as a potential stumbling block. One things for sure with swansea they have done exceptionally well this season. Got to give them credit for it and they may just beat us to the finishing line, but thats football and we got to get on with it.

My worry also is Forest got their game in hand tomorrow. Its a difficult fixture away to Boro but with QPR thrashing them on saturday i expect a forest win. that lifts forest joint 3rd with us. Forest are always a dangerous side and we need to stop them before they get momentum going again. Then again we need them to beat Swansea or get a draw at the liberty.

My worry also is cardiffs poor form in beating sides towards the bottom of the league. Hopefully cardiff can stay strong and professional and put in performances like against leciester at home from now untill the end of the season.

Saturday was a big win for us. That was a game i didnt see us winning but to be fair a cracking result at Hull away. Now we need to push on and keep winning games because a loss or even a draw is not really good enough...if we are to challenge QPR and clinch 2nd spot with a couple of games left then we need to win every game through march into april....I think we can do it but now the players need to show some bottle...Are we going to play poor against ipswich saturday because ramseys gone? or are we going to put in performances week in week out and show we can do it and this season we have learnt our lessons from last year.

Another worry is Craig Bellamy. Will he be having a ban? Lets hope not..we need craig big time...lets hope he doesnt get much punishment and lets hope he will be instrumental in leading us to promotion.

My gut instinct is we will go up through the play offs..... cardiff never do it the easy way!! NEVER SIMPLE AT CCFC

Keep the faith.

Re: THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:31 am

In all fairness, we deserved something from the Forest game. Ramsey was a great addition but it's 11 players out there and I firmly believe even without Ramsey we have the ability to get automatically promoted. Will we? Only time will tell.