Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ST Price Freeze - Not Include 2nd Tier?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Anyone else know if this is true?

My father bought one of those Super Season tickets a season and a half ago as an upgrade and was moved up to the 2nd tier. his new stadium card still said Ambassador.

He received letters asking to renew before 31st December to gain the price freeze so he did. Received ST for this season that STILL said Ambassador on it.

He has now just been told that his same seat will cost £1k and that the price freeze did not include the Premier Seating.

Re: ST Price Freeze - Not Include 2nd Tier?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:53 pm

You could appeal to them but I think the price freeze info only ever mentioned standard seating areas up to the £519 grandstand seating.

If they stopped you having a grandstand seat for £519 or any othe area you fancied for the frozen price then I think you would definitely have a case.

Re: ST Price Freeze - Not Include 2nd Tier?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:49 pm

bspark wrote:You could appeal to them but I think the price freeze info only ever mentioned standard seating areas up to the £519 grandstand seating.

If they stopped you having a grandstand seat for £519 or any othe area you fancied for the frozen price then I think you would definitely have a case.

This is where the difference of opinion is. He only paid £519 but had a seat on the 2nd tier. His original seat in the lower Grandstand seemed to be one of just a few seat with an obstructed view which wasn't visible when he took the seat (they raised the height of a few crash barriers so they ended up obscuring the view of the goal mouth). They offered to move him upstairs at no extra cost whilst they sorted out something for him. Then when he renewed before 31st December they stated that the price was the same again even though the norm was £799 (I think).

He was told that the price we paid would then be frozen for 5 years. I can only assume he paid 519 and they didn't take into account where he was actually seated. I understand the benefit he has had for the last 18 months but he cannot even return to his original seat.

We'll sort something out.