Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why the lack of faith in DJ?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Its obvious that a large proportion of the fans aernt convinced with DJ's abilities as a manager but I was just wondering what is is that people aernt sure about?

Is it his record in the transfer market, his tactics, team selection, motivational qualities, or his attitude ?

Re: Why the lack of faith in DJ?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Probably all of those.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:32 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:Its obvious that a large proportion of the fans aernt convinced with DJ's abilities as a manager but I was just wondering what is is that people aernt sure about?

Is it his record in the transfer market, his tactics, team selection, motivational qualities, or his attitude ?

Where on earth did you get those figures from? Its quite an even split on this messageboard, but only 100 or so regular posters is hardly "a large proportion of fans"

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:44 pm

his miserable attitude and lack of passion. his tactics his substitutions

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:51 pm

:lol: I think you either love him or hate him, depending on recent results of course. With DJ we have a manager who has been with us almost six years now, only Jimmy Scoular [June 64-Nov 73] has lasted longer in our recent history, & we know how close he came to getting our club promoted in 1971. If DJ can actually achieve promotion to the Premier, then i think he will go down in our history as one of the greatest managers we have ever had. Failing that, he will be seen as the manager who could not achieve even when he had the best squad & resources at his disposal, in the history of our club.
Victory has a thousand farthers, but defeat is an orphan.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:59 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:Its obvious that a large proportion of the fans aernt convinced with DJ's abilities as a manager but I was just wondering what is is that people aernt sure about?

Where on earth did you get those figures from? Its quite an even split on this messageboard, but only 100 or so regular posters is hardly "a large proportion of fans"

Sorry, i didnt mean just those on this message board, most fans I speak to dislike something about him even if they think he is a good manager. I have to say that he is far from a poor manager, as seen over his time with us, but I'm not convinced he can take us up and some of the things he has done this season have infuriated me!