Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I HOPE FOR DAVE JONES' SAKE "

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:23 pm

That Chris Kirkland does actually sign for City and is not picked up by another club because the cat has been let out of the bag before the deal has been concluded, schoolboy error that Dave !

Just so we know this is your quote correct ?

“Due to injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad,” said Bluebirds’ boss Dave Jones

Have you not learned from the Marcus Bent shambles.

Who could forget the ' Famous Message boards ' alerting every other club that Andy O'Brien was available.

As I say I hope for your sake that Chris signs and you do not look a bit silly with egg on your face, cause are we not always told that you will not name a player until he has signed ?

Re: I HOPE FOR DAVE JONES' SAKE

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:That Chris Kirkland does actually sign for City and is not picked up by another club because the cat has been let out of the bag before the deal has been concluded, schoolboy error that Dave !

“Due to injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad,” said Bluebirds’ boss Dave Jones

Who could forget the ' Famous Message boards ' alerting every other club that Andy O'Brien was available.

As I say I hope for your sake that Chris signs and you do not look a bit silly with egg on your face, cause are we not always told that you will not name a player until he has signed ?

i thought that he has signed :?

and that he was joining as soon as he came over his virus
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " I HOPE FOR DAVE JONES' SAKE "

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Jones and Carl is a Big Fan of yours who Fights your Every Corner.

Jones you even told the media the Deal was done Hmm.

Steve Tucker

wrote with Dave Jones Quote

CARDIFF CITY have signed Wigan goalkeeper Chris Kirkland on loan until the end of the season.

The 29-year-old, who has also had spells at Liverpool and Coventry, could be set to make an instant impact with Bluebirds boss Dave Jones revealing both current shot-stoppers at the club are carrying injuries.

Tom Heaton, who played in the 2-0 win at Hull yesterday, has a groin strain and David Marshall is set to have surgery on ligaments in his elbow which will rule him out for up to four months.

Jones said: “Due to the injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad.”

Hmm

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 pm

to be honest, i dont think any of the other so called 'big clubs' need keepers anyway at the moment

Qpr got Kenny
Swansea got De Vries
Forest got Camp
Norwich got Ruddy
Leicester got Ricardo
Burnley got Grant/Jensen
Watford got Loach

and i dont think any other club could match our 75% wages, that we're prepared to pay.

so im still optimistic that he'll sign :D

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm

wen do you think he will sign carl? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:40 pm

glammy74 wrote:to be honest, i dont think any of the other so called 'big clubs' need keepers anyway at the moment

Qpr got Kenny
Swansea got De Vries
Forest got Camp
Norwich got Ruddy
Leicester got Ricardo
Burnley got Grant/Jensen
Watford got Loach

and i dont think any other club could match our 75% wages, that we're prepared to pay.

so im still optimistic that he'll sign :D

yeah excactly what i thought! Theres no other club he can realistically sign for, have the faith people!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Let's be honest, he would look a bit silly but that's all and I'm sure DJ wouldn't lose sleep over what people thought.
I'm sure his concern would be finding another keeper.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:42 pm

Getting rid of one or two conceited twerps that some how have inflated their importance enough to enable themselves to leek certain goss!!! ;)

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Glammy I think he will sign too but it is about time Dave is reminded of how he comes across and how it can bite him in the ass too.

Personally I believe Kirkland will sign too but I can say that both clubs admit that the deal has stalled but not officially saying it of course.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:Getting rid of one or two conceited twerps that some how have inflated their importance enough to enable themselves to leek certain goss!!! ;)

Important enough to gather an audience though ;)

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:Glammy I think he will sign too but it is about time Dave is reminded of how he comes across and how it can bite him in the ass too.

Personally I believe Kirkland will sign too but I can say that both clubs admit that the deal has stalled but not officially saying it of course.

what has made the deal stall carl? :?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:49 pm

glammy74 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Glammy I think he will sign too but it is about time Dave is reminded of how he comes across and how it can bite him in the ass too.

what has made the deal stall carl? :?

bein unfit prob lol

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:49 pm

I agree exactly with what glammy said, no other big club will need him, so who else could put in a bid right now? he'll know that he will have first team football at city at the moment with Heaton out and Marshall to undergo elbow surgery. Why would he join another club knowing he won't get the first team he needs? :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm

i thought it was confirmed earlier that he did sign but may not be available right away due to virus!! :?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Arsenal could do with a Keeper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Let's be honest, he would look a bit silly but that's all and I'm sure DJ wouldn't lose sleep over what people thought.
I'm sure his concern would be finding another keeper.

Can you not see how someone in his position, making statements that aren't set in stone, comprimises their position? I mean as Carl said, David blamed the messageboards for Andy O'Brien for 'whistleblowing' - not totally the same thing granted. However he is guilty of it here. People then see him doing something like that, and if it blows back in his face, he faces a backlash of negativity.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:57 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Arsenal could do with a Keeper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and a back 4!!!!! :lol:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Back to Kirky ;) Why is it not on the main CCFC Message board ??

As i posted yesterday it was on some of the Wigan MB. :roll:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Brilliant fair play :lol:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:That Chris Kirkland does actually sign for City and is not picked up by another club because the cat has been let out of the bag before the deal has been concluded, schoolboy error that Dave !

Done deal I heard thats why he announced it when he did.................

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:04 pm

carl when can we see him offically signed? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:13 pm

stop sniping at jones. ;) ;) ;)
leave that to me please :D

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:34 am

Maybe we can keep Rambo if we let hom go there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:10 am

for your "sake" ? what's going to happen to him for for the love of god? Grow up.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:53 am

baker wrote:for your "sake" ? what's going to happen to him for for the love of god? Grow up.

lmao

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:12 am

baker wrote:for your "sake" ? what's going to happen to him for for the love of god? Grow up.

Oh, I don't know, loss of credibility for Jones, maybe?

What do you think would happen? Marches, petitions to get rid of him? :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:26 am

Oh the irony is just lost on some :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 pm

The deal has fallen through, the clubs couldn't come to agreement apparently. The look for a keeper goes on.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 408666.stm

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm

petesmeat wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/9408666.stm

http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=233438 :ayatollah: