you on about DJ by chance? :lol:

what did he do for it to collaspe?

Re: " I HOPE FOR DAVE JONES' SAKE "

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Hmm

Page last updated at 10:54 GMT, Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Cardiff miss out on loan deal for keeper Chris Kirkland

Chris Kirkland, 29, has won one England cap
Cardiff City's bid to sign former England goalkeeper Chris Kirkland on loan has fallen through, BBC Sport Wales understands.
The Bluebirds wanted the 29-year-old as current first-choice keeper Tom Heaton is struggling with a groin injury while David Marshall needs elbow surgery.
But it is understood an emergency loan deal could not be agreed with Kirkland's club Wigan Athletic.
Kirkland has had two loan spells with Cardiff's rivals Leicester this season.
He is regarded as one of the finest goalkeepers in the Premier League but his career has been blighted by injuries.
Liverpool paid £6m for the 6ft 3ins stopper in 2001 - making him the most expensive goalkeeper in British transfer history at the time - but was sent out on a season-long loan at West Bromwich Albion in the 2005/2006 campaign.
And Kirkland joined Wigan in 2006, initially on loan before the deal became permanent, where he rediscovered his best form winning the club's Players' Player of the Year in the 2007-08 season.
He joined his home-town club Leicester on loan until January but returned to the DW Stadium after just three games and an injury-hit spell at The Walkers Stadium.
After returning to Wigan for treatment on a back injury, Kirkland played for Roberto Martinez's men against Bolton Wanderers but was stretchered off after a collision with Johan Elmander in a 1-1 draw on 5 January.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Jacks probably begged the Spanish rat not to loan him to us

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:That Chris Kirkland does actually sign for City and is not picked up by another club because the cat has been let out of the bag before the deal has been concluded, schoolboy error that Dave !

Just so we know this is your quote correct ?

“Due to injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad,” said Bluebirds’ boss Dave Jones

Have you not learned from the Marcus Bent shambles.

Who could forget the ' Famous Message boards ' alerting every other club that Andy O'Brien was available.

As I say I hope for your sake that Chris signs and you do not look a bit silly with egg on your face, cause are we not always told that you will not name a player until he has signed ?

CORRECT Carl, Spot on.

I have just heard that we have messed it up on our side big time.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:41 pm

:shock:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:That Chris Kirkland does actually sign for City and is not picked up by another club because the cat has been let out of the bag before the deal has been concluded, schoolboy error that Dave !

Just so we know this is your quote correct ?

“Due to injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad,” said Bluebirds’ boss Dave Jones

Have you not learned from the Marcus Bent shambles.

Who could forget the ' Famous Message boards ' alerting every other club that Andy O'Brien was available.

As I say I hope for your sake that Chris signs and you do not look a bit silly with egg on your face, cause are we not always told that you will not name a player until he has signed ?

CORRECT Carl, Spot on.

I have just heard that we have messed it up on our side big time.

what you mean annis?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 pm

nerd wrote:
baker wrote:for your "sake" ? what's going to happen to him for for the love of god? Grow up.

Oh, I don't know, loss of credibility for Jones, maybe?

What do you think would happen? Marches, petitions to get rid of him? :lol:

it is this forum so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest :-)

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Baker, What are you on about it is THIS FORUM ?

Jones went Public about Kirkland, before the loan was signed.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:51 pm

I'm just waiting for Jones to state that this was all Carl's fault! :D

Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Zabier wrote:I'm just waiting for Jones to state that this was all Carl's fault! :D

He already has and blamed the Echo for lifting it off our Site. Jones had made an official complaint to media Wales, stating that they have lost a Goalie through the medias incompetence :lol: :lol:
WHEN ACTUALLY IT WAS JONES WHO SPOKE OUT ABOUT KIRKLAND FIRST lol.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 pm

From Facebook

Simon Richards Any news on an emergency midfield loan?
18 hours ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin If this goes tits up jones is a tit for openin his mouth since Marshall injured and heaton needs a rest cuz aparently his groin is a issue we b screwed if it goes wrong u could c heaton strugglun Saturday
18 hours ago · Like

Nigel Pepper God help us.
13 hours ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin Loan has fallen through ac ordin ro bbc wales were fucked !
3 hours ago · Like

Simon Richards Ooooops. 'Are you Bent in disguise? Are you Bent in disguise?'
2 hours ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin Jones is a prat for claimin it was a done deal
2 hours ago · Like

Dai Jones Lmao jonesy got egg on his face again I see
36 minutes ago · Like

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Typical BBC reporting, kirkland is 6ft 7inches not 6 foot 3 inches !

If it was rugby they would have known his inside leg measurement !

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:51 pm

I just think there are many posters on this forum who jump too quick to extreme conclusions that could well affect our club.
How do we know the reason for Kirkland not signing is because of the public nature of this signing before it was completed? It certainly doesn't look as though it fell through because another club came in with a better offer.

How about, Kirkland's wages might have been to steep? Maybe he was told that as soon as Heaton is fit he would not be first team keeper?

Sorry Carl, but at least weigh up these options first before you slate our manager.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Completely agree baker

its not as if carl has ever said were going to sign a player and then we havent. remember routlege ?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:01 pm

bluebird16 wrote:Completely agree baker

its not as if carl has ever said were going to sign a player and then we havent. remember routlege ?

It is a bit hypocritical for someone to blame someone for something that they do on this forum on a regular basis.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

I forgot Carl was in charge of our transfer policy now. :roll:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:19 pm

PtB wrote:I forgot Carl was in charge of our transfer policy now. :roll:

I just think its unfair for certain people to have a go at DJ when he has said what he did and not say a thing about when THIS forum said we signed Routlege and no one says anything to who ever released the news

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

annis what have cardiff messed up on then? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm

bluebird16 wrote:
PtB wrote:I forgot Carl was in charge of our transfer policy now. :roll:

I just think its unfair for certain people to have a go at DJ when he has said what he did and not say a thing about when THIS forum said we signed Routlege and no one says anything to who ever released the news

That's absolute madness. DJ represesnts the club from the highest level, this forum doesn't.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:47 pm

What I don't understand about this whole thing with signing Kirkland is who broke the story in the first place, certainly not the club as the first I heard about it was on Saturday evening when Simon Gaskell posted on Mediawales that the deal was done.

This was then followed up on Sunday by Steve Tucker saying we had signed Kirkland, still no direct quote from the club instead they used a comment by Dave Jones where he said both senior keepers were carrying injuries and we needed experienced cover. This is a long way from DJ saying the deal was done.

However on Monday Terry Phillips continues with the story even going as far as saying David Marshall had surgery on his elbow and would be out for four months and with Tom Heaton carrying a groin injury it was likely that Kirkland would go straight into the team on Saturday. Still no formal comment from the club about any pending signing.

Carl then posted a thread outlining the terms under which a deal was trying to being struck but it would take a few days to complete because Kirkland had a virus. This was the closest to reality that any of us had received on the possible signing.

In my opinion there has of course been discussion with Wigan about signing Kirkland but no deal has been agreed and no formal comment has been made by the club, let's face it that is completely in line with the clubs policy.

I hate DJ but really how can we blame the man when this story was leaked by mediawales, with no direct comment from the club and then the story was embellished by other mediawales hacks i.e. Marshall having surgery , for gods sake he was on the bench on Saturday.

No one can doubt that we tried to sign Kirkland but in everything we have seen Carl has yet again given us the facts, mediawales have jumped on a non story which only goes to prove you cannot believe everything you read in the papers.

By the way has anyone got a link to a direct quote from DJ or anyone at the club to say we have signed Kirkland ?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:52 pm

castleblue wrote: By the way has anyone got a link to a direct quote from DJ or anyone at the club to say we have signed Kirkland ?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no one can :lol:

because he has said shit all :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Media Wales released he had signed on 26
feb http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... 6-28242544

27th Media Wales then quoted DJ saying Jones said: “Due to the injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1FMrFMqDB
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28243167/

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Media Wales released he had signed on 26
feb http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... 6-28242544

27th Media Wales then quoted DJ saying Jones said: “Due to the injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1FMrFMqDB
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28243167/

But in reality that's just Tucker saying DJ has said it and as we all know DJ doesn't speak to any of them directly so where did they get it? Not DJ I think :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Not sure he can quote him if he didnt say it.

Its not as if he has signed on loan for another club so I dont see how him saying anything or not saying anything has any difference.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:02 pm

From Facebook

Dai Jones Lmao jonesy got egg on his face again I see
2 hours ago · Like

Ross Welch I was traveling back from Hull on Sat, it said it on radio it done/set to be deal, then annouced in wales on sun, yet it wasn't actually done, f**k sake Jones you don't learn by previous mistakes do yer? And don't blame the fans we heard through press long before discussion.
about an hour ago · Like

Dai Jones Iv just been told not jones fault as kirk got a virus so...
about an hour ago · Like

Anthony Chiplin According to bbc wales its mainly wigans fault either way it shouldnt have been anounced we signed him cuz we the 1s who look stupid
about an hour ago · Like

Dai Jones True
about an hour ago · Like

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:12 pm

baker wrote:I just think there are many posters on this forum who jump too quick to extreme conclusions that could well affect our club.
How do we know the reason for Kirkland not signing is because of the public nature of this signing before it was completed? It certainly doesn't look as though it fell through because another club came in with a better offer.

How about, Kirkland's wages might have been to steep? Maybe he was told that as soon as Heaton is fit he would not be first team keeper?

Sorry Carl, but at least weigh up these options first before you slate our manager.

Or maybe the point that seems to have flown way above your head might, just might, be that DJ publicly blasted those printing "gossip" - yet went PUBLIC claiming a loan deal was concluded when it clearly hadn't been?

Maybe it's the double standards there.

DJ cannot blame everyone else for "jumping the gun" when he's done EXACTLY the same.

Nobody is claiming DJ's comment caused the loan to fail. It's simply carl responding in kind to DJ's ridiculous claim that somehow Leeds, the club O'Brien was on loan at, lived nearby and is a fan of, were blissfully unaware of our interest until Carl printed it...

For somebody who seems to pride himself on parodies, you're not too sharp on detecting them. Typical media stoodent :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not sure he can quote him if he didnt say it.

Its not as if he has signed on loan for another club so I dont see how him saying anything or not saying anything has any difference.

But we are talking about Steve Tucker and MediaWales so normal rules don't apply, only the rules of shoddy journalism apply.

At the start of this thread Carl suggests that DJ may have made a schoolboy error by stating that Kirkland had signed for the club. But has the schoolboy error been made by MediaWales who having got hold of a piece of transfer gossip published a story claiming it was a done deal.

On the same point has Carl made a schoolboy error by believing everything printed by mediawales, absolutely no disrespect to Carl who IMO is always pretty much spot on but on this occasion he appears to have used MediaWales as his source. :o :o :o :o

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:18 pm

castleblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Not sure he can quote him if he didnt say it.

But we are talking about Steve Tucker and MediaWales so normal rules don't apply, only the rules of shoddy journalism apply.

At the start of this thread Carl suggests that DJ may have made a schoolboy error by stating that Kirkland had signed for the club. But has the schoolboy error been made by MediaWales who having got hold of a piece of transfer gossip published a story claiming it was a done deal.

On the same point has Carl made a schoolboy error by believing everything printed by mediawales, absolutely no disrespect to Carl who IMO is always pretty much spot on but on this occasion he appears to have used MediaWales as his source. :o :o :o :o

Well im not sure, I have no time for MediaWales and dont blame DJ for not wanting to speak to them, I wouldnt either.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:18 pm

baker wrote:I just think there are many posters on this forum who jump too quick to extreme conclusions that could well affect our club.

Baker, Carl Always Backs DJ to the hilt, prob to much.
Wages everything like that was already agreed.