Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HOPE FOR DAVE JONES' SAKE "

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:25 pm

nerd wrote:
baker wrote:I just think there are many posters on this forum who jump too quick to extreme conclusions that could well affect our club.
How do we know the reason for Kirkland not signing is because of the public nature of this signing before it was completed? It certainly doesn't look as though it fell through because another club came in with a better offer.

How about, Kirkland's wages might have been to steep? Maybe he was told that as soon as Heaton is fit he would not be first team keeper?

Sorry Carl, but at least weigh up these options first before you slate our manager.

Or maybe the point that seems to have flown way above your head might, just might, be that DJ publicly blasted those printing "gossip" - yet went PUBLIC claiming a loan deal was concluded when it clearly hadn't been?

Maybe it's the double standards there.

DJ cannot blame everyone else for "jumping the gun" when he's done EXACTLY the same.

Nobody is claiming DJ's comment caused the loan to fail. It's simply carl responding in kind to DJ's ridiculous claim that somehow Leeds, the club O'Brien was on loan at, lived nearby and is a fan of, were blissfully unaware of our interest until Carl printed it...

For somebody who seems to pride himself on parodies, you're not too sharp on detecting them. Typical media stoodent :lol:

"Typical media stoodent" ?

What are you talking about? I am not, or ever have been, a student of media. I'm 19 years old, and I can guarantee you I'm by far more intelligent than you. Case in point, you seem to want to devote yourself to continuously brown nosing the moderators on here -- which couldn't be a better example of how much you're lacking in intellectual capacity.

You're by far too obsessed with my posts, I can't remember a time I've posted on here and you haven't replied to me with some sarcastic jibe. Run along now.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:29 pm

baker wrote:I just think there are many posters on this forum who jump too quick to extreme conclusions that could well affect our club.
How do we know the reason for Kirkland not signing is because of the public nature of this signing before it was completed? It certainly doesn't look as though it fell through because another club came in with a better offer.

How about, Kirkland's wages might have been to steep? Maybe he was told that as soon as Heaton is fit he would not be first team keeper?

Sorry Carl, but at least weigh up these options first before you slate our manager.

Where have I slated our manager, maybe you want to take the time to work out who on the message boards who support our manager and who does not.

And also because I support Dave Jones does not mean he is above any criticism either. Just like Dave Jones blamed the message board for the Andy O'Brien deal, are you suggesting the same rules apply to Dave Jones too ? Are you saying there could have been other reasons why O'Brien did not sign for the us ?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:30 pm

bluebird16 wrote:Completely agree baker

its not as if carl has ever said were going to sign a player and then we havent. remember routlege ?

Routledge :roll:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:

its not as if carl has ever said were going to sign a player and then we havent. remember routlege ?

Routledge :roll:

If only you had signed the paperwork off Carl........ :roll:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:33 pm

When did Carl say we were DEF GOING TO SIGN ROUTLEGE ?

Please show me his post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:35 pm

nerd wrote:

Or maybe the point that seems to have flown way above your head might, just might, be that DJ publicly blasted those printing "gossip" - yet went PUBLIC claiming a loan deal was concluded when it clearly hadn't been?

Maybe it's the double standards there.

DJ cannot blame everyone else for "jumping the gun" when he's done EXACTLY the same.

Nobody is claiming DJ's comment caused the loan to fail. It's simply carl responding in kind to DJ's ridiculous claim that somehow Leeds, the club O'Brien was on loan at, lived nearby and is a fan of, were blissfully unaware of our interest until Carl printed it...

For somebody who seems to pride himself on parodies, you're not too sharp on detecting them. Typical media stoodent :lol:

Along with the other 3000 or so people to have viewed this thread it seems that Baker has missed the whole point of it but he is young I suppose and still learning.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 pm

castleblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Not sure he can quote him if he didnt say it.

Its not as if he has signed on loan for another club so I dont see how him saying anything or not saying anything has any difference.

But we are talking about Steve Tucker and MediaWales so normal rules don't apply, only the rules of shoddy journalism apply.

At the start of this thread Carl suggests that DJ may have made a schoolboy error by stating that Kirkland had signed for the club. But has the schoolboy error been made by MediaWales who having got hold of a piece of transfer gossip published a story claiming it was a done deal.

On the same point has Carl made a schoolboy error by believing everything printed by mediawales, absolutely no disrespect to Carl who IMO is always pretty much spot on but on this occasion he appears to have used MediaWales as his source. :o :o :o :o

In Fairness I had not used Media Wales for my information and I learned of the potential move from another source and the only contact I had was with Media Wales was to be sure that Dave Jones made the comment that I quoted in the original post.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Quote from Kung Fu "You are young grasshopper but you will learn" :lol:
Last edited by Bluebird64 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'm just waiting for Jones to state that this was all Carl's fault! :D

He already has and blamed the Echo for lifting it off our Site. Jones had made an official complaint to media Wales, stating that they have lost a Goalie through the medias incompetence :lol: :lol:
WHEN ACTUALLY IT WAS JONES WHO SPOKE OUT ABOUT KIRKLAND FIRST lol.

FB Is this guy worh a shout?? cant be any worse than anyone post Alexander, and he may return the Faith. What you think?http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3432246/Drink-has-ruined-my-career-but-I-still-let-my-hair-down-twice-a-month-a ;)

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Zabier wrote:I'm just waiting for Jones to state that this was all Carl's fault! :D

He already has and blamed the Echo for lifting it off our Site. Jones had made an official complaint to media Wales, stating that they have lost a Goalie through the medias incompetence :lol: :lol:
WHEN ACTUALLY IT WAS JONES WHO SPOKE OUT ABOUT KIRKLAND FIRST lol.

FB Is this guy worh a shout?? cant be any worse than anyone post Alexander, and he may return the Faith. What you think?http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3432246/Drink-has-ruined-my-career-but-I-still-let-my-hair-down-twice-a-month-a ;)

The link does not show anything.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Where have I slated our manager, maybe you want to take the time to work out who on the message boards who support our manager and who does not.

And also because I support Dave Jones does not mean he is above any criticism either. Just like Dave Jones blamed the message board for the Andy O'Brien deal, are you suggesting the same rules apply to Dave Jones too ? Are you saying there could have been other reasons why O'Brien did not sign for the us ?

In my opinion, your support for Dave Jones is completely spurious. If you were a true DJ supporter then you'd cease these updates of yours, which more than obvious have potential to harm our club. Publicly, Dave has stated that your updates have been the cause of some trouble at the club in the past, if you support him then why do you continue to do them?

I believe O'Brien always had an agenda to use Cardiff as a make-weight for a new Leeds deal, no one is to blame for that. Not DJ, not you. However, there are thousands of people reading every update you make and it's obvious that reporters are among those viewers.

If, as you say, you're a supporter of Dave's, then why make mocking remarks in your original post about Dave Jones?
Have you not learned from the Marcus Bent shambles.

That's quite pathetic if you ask me, you can't throw comments around like that when it has absolutely no relevance to the current situation in any way, shape or form.

And when you say, "I hope for your sake" it's very childish and that just shows you up. And don't get me started on the Echo column, my oh my you've shown the credibility of that paper when they hired you. You seem like a decent guy, but to give someone who has no degree or experience in sports journalism a column in their paper is just laughable.

That's all I will add. I expect this to be deleted anyway. Or myself to be banned.

Your updates are one of the worst things to ever happen to Cardiff City.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 pm

carlccfc wrote: Along with the other 3000 or so people to have viewed this thread it seems that Baker has missed the whole point of it but he is young I suppose and still learning.

Ah, this gave me a chuckle. So patronising, yet, you definitely have no pot to piss in when it comes to intelligence. G'day.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 pm

:lol: :lol: Im glad your not overreacting :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:48 pm

baker wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

In my opinion, your support for Dave Jones is completely spurious. If you were a true DJ supporter then you'd cease these updates of yours, which more than obvious have potential to harm our club. Publicly, Dave has stated that your updates have been the cause of some trouble at the club in the past, if you support him then why do you continue to do them?

I believe O'Brien always had an agenda to use Cardiff as a make-weight for a new Leeds deal, no one is to blame for that. Not DJ, not you. However, there are thousands of people reading every update you make and it's obvious that reporters are among those viewers.

If, as you say, you're a supporter of Dave's, then why make mocking remarks in your original post about Dave Jones?

That's quite pathetic if you ask me, you can't throw comments around like that when it has absolutely no relevance to the current situation in any way, shape or form.

And when you say, "I hope for your sake" it's very childish and that just shows you up. And don't get me started on the Echo column, my oh my you've shown the credibility of that paper when they hired you. You seem like a decent guy, but to give someone who has no degree or experience in sports journalism a column in their paper is just laughable.

That's all I will add. I expect this to be deleted anyway. Or myself to be banned.

:lol:

Carl never said we were going to sign Routledge, he always maintained that we were after him but hit a stumbling block with regards to the payment up front. Don't start criticising him without doing some research beforehand.

This is where I am afraid you’re immaturity shows.
Last edited by chris_ccfc on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:49 pm

:roll:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:
castleblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Not sure he can quote him if he didnt say it.

Its not as if he has signed on loan for another club so I dont see how him saying anything or not saying anything has any difference.

But we are talking about Steve Tucker and MediaWales so normal rules don't apply, only the rules of shoddy journalism apply.

At the start of this thread Carl suggests that DJ may have made a schoolboy error by stating that Kirkland had signed for the club. But has the schoolboy error been made by MediaWales who having got hold of a piece of transfer gossip published a story claiming it was a done deal.

On the same point has Carl made a schoolboy error by believing everything printed by mediawales, absolutely no disrespect to Carl who IMO is always pretty much spot on but on this occasion he appears to have used MediaWales as his source. :o :o :o :o

In Fairness I had not used Media Wales for my information and I learned of the potential move from another source and the only contact I had was with Media Wales was to be sure that Dave Jones made the comment that I quoted in the original post.

Please believe I am not having a go Carl I just believe that it's MediaWales who have the egg on their face. Did the club try and sign Chris Kirkland, absolutely yes but did DJ make a public statement saying he was signed, absolutely not.

The most valid information on this subject was your post regarding % of wages and the fact that it was held up because the player had a virus.

Unlike yourself I hate DJ but IMO and on this occasion he is not in the wrong, regards his infamous rant on messageboards costing player signings well IMO total DJ bullshit. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

:lol: :lol:

ARE YOU SURE THATS YOU Baker ?

Even Gethin Jenkins(CEO) likes them . :lol: :lol:

Baker is leading the ccmb charge :lol:

They have had enough of him on the other mb :lol: :lol:

Well I Love the Updates and so do 5-8,000 Viewers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

HEIL Carl Curtis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:51 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:

Carl never said we were going to sign Routledge, he always maintained that we were after him but hit a stumbling block with regards to the payment up front. Don't start criticising him without doing some research beforehand.

I never made a remark concerning anything to do with Routledge. Looks like you should have learnt to read in school.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:51 pm

if you dont like the updates dont read them. it what the masses want so carl will continue with them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Even Gethin Jenkins(CEO) likes them . :lol: :lol:

Baker is leading the ccmb charge :lol:

They have had enough of him on the other mb :lol: :lol:

Well I Love the Updates and so do 5-8,000 Viewers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah I'm sure he loves the continuous abuse he gets from over here!
I have no allegiance to any message board, my opinion is my opinion.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Seig????

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:54 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Sorry FB, try this.http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... poker.html

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Baker

Yeah I'm sure he loves the continuous abuse he gets from over here!
I have no allegiance to any message board, my opinion is my opinion.[/quote]

Baker,

My Belief is the more the sniper mb talk about us the more we must be doing something good, when they are not talking about us then I will Worry as it will mean they are not Jealous anymore :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:56 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Keep the updates coming Carl.

Baker, learn some respect and realise that reaching the age of 19 and noticing your balls have dropped doesn't make you the f*cking oracle. Yes you can string more than two sentences together, which for the youth of today is pretty decent, but there are ways to make your points and the way you come over and the way you seem to want to have a pop all the time is actually more devisive than Carls updates ever will be.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm

baker wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Baker you really are on a mission :lol:

Firstly what the hell is a true supporter of Dave Jones mean ? Because I criticise how he conducts himself in certain situations makes me not a supporter of him ?

Also back up your little outburst and show me where Dave Jones has stated that my updates have caused the club trouble in the past.

Also shall I inform you of a meeting I had with TG where he thanked me for keeping him informed and also when asked a direct question answered that he does not have a problem with what I write on this forum and if he did or IF IT WERE HARMING THE CLUB HE WOULD TELL ME.

The Marcus Bent situation has no relevance despite the fact an official from our club claims that a player had signed for the club and then we learn that is not strictly true, completely relevant in my book, that is why the Marcus Bent 'transfer' has been the subject of much laughter amongst City fans.

With O'Brien's deal because you believe and state it was not my fault not DJ you still think it was ok for DJ to blame the message boards ?

You say don't get you started on the Echo piece but then you pass comment :lol:

Oh by the way the fact I studied Media would be completely irrelevant :roll:

How do you know I am a decent guy when you don't know me.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm

baker wrote:
chris_ccfc wrote:

I never made a remark concerning anything to do with Routledge. Looks like you should have learnt to read in school.

Sorry I jumped the gun, it was not you that mentioned Routledge. Want a hug ;)

The update remark was a bit out of order though, or do you honestly believe the updates are one of the worst things to happen to our club?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Carlccfc

Baker you really are on a mission

Firstly what the hell is a true supporter of Dave Jones mean ? Because I criticise how he conducts himself in certain situations makes me not a supporter of him ?

Also back up your little outburst and show me where Dave Jones has stated that my updates have caused the club trouble in the past.

Also shall I inform you of a meeting I had with TG where he thanked me for keeping him informed and also when asked a direct question answered that he does not have a problem with what I write on this forum and if he did or IF IT WERE HARMING THE CLUB HE WOULD TELL ME.

The Marcus Bent situation has no relevance despite the fact an official from our club claims that a player had signed for the club and then we learn that is not strictly true, completely relevant in my book, that is why the Marcus Bent 'transfer' has been the subject of much laughter amongst City fans.

With O'Brien's deal because you believe and state it was not my fault not DJ you still think it was ok for DJ to blame the message boards ?

You say don't get you started on the Echo piece but then you pass comment

Oh by the way the fact I studied Media would be completely irrelevant

First of All Carl Well done for getting a Weekly Column in the Echo, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But Rem it brings Jealousy.
2nd, Could you tell me whats in this weeks Column ? :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carlccfc

Baker you really are on a mission

You say don't get you started on the Echo piece but then you pass comment

Oh by the way the fact I studied Media would be completely irrelevant

First of All Carl Well done for getting a Weekly Column in the Echo, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: But Rem it brings Jealousy.
2nd, Could you tell me whats in this weeks Column ? :lol: :ayatollah:

I was thinking of writing about how fickle Cardiff City fans can be :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:Sorry FB, try this.http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... poker.html

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah: