Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whats The Difference?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Four seasons ago we played Arsenal at Highbury in the FA Cup.A brain dead mate of mine ran the length of the field doing the ayatollah and then pushed Arsenals keeper Almunia.He spent a night in the cells,he got fined and had a 3 year ban.It was all over the news and in every Sunday paper.Yet that wurzel player pushes a kid over and nothing gets said about it.

If that was my son I'd either find out where he lives or have him done for assault. :evil:

Re: Whats The Difference?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 pm

totaly agree, there should be no diffrence, and if it was my son, it would eat me up, untill i found him and twatted the little shit. :shock:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:38 pm

city shud b pushing this if a city fan hit a ballboy at bristol it wud b all over the papers jus because he is a prof footballer does not give him the right to hit kids and get away with it

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Oh please.

Ballboy was pushed - not slapped, kicked or punched. Sure, player overreacted - ballboy deliberately throwing ball away then making a meal of it.

If that happened away at Bristol, us chasing a goal, people here would be slagging the boy off left right and centre.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 pm

nerd wrote:Oh please.

Ballboy was pushed - not slapped, kicked or punched. Sure, player overreacted - ballboy deliberately throwing ball away then making a meal of it.

If that happened away at Bristol, us chasing a goal, people here would be slagging the boy off left right and centre.

Exactly! Thats a brill post! He was worse than jay bothroyd when he dived :lol:

People would have gone nuts if it was us :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:49 pm

I think the point Corky is making is this guy is a professional footballer who most people look up to - the problem you got is some muppet in a parks game will think it alright to start pushing other players / spectators / referees around cause he seen ti at the football and thought that the player got away wit itso its ok to do it

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Dobbin wrote:I think the point Corky is making is this guy is a professional footballer who most people look up to - the problem you got is some muppet in a parks game will think it alright to start pushing other players / spectators / referees around cause he seen ti at the football and thought that the player got away wit itso its ok to do it

Based upon that logic, players should thus never dive, never foul, claim a foul they know didn't happen.

Muppet on a park remains a muppet.

EDIT: And no, that wasn't corky's point.

Corky was trying to claim INJUSTICE based upon somebody with no legal right to be on the pitch going on and assaulting a player.

Like I said, the player overreacted, sure. One of our players did that, he'd be lauded for his competitive spirit.

The kid acted like a dick. I mean, the way we were cutting their defence open towards the end, was in our interest to keep the ball in play.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 pm

I am not making any sort of point...my son might be though...it was not my post that started this thread it was my eldest son...just his opinion but you are welcome to yours.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:19 pm

nerd wrote:
Dobbin wrote:I think the point Corky is making is this guy is a professional footballer who most people look up to - the problem you got is some muppet in a parks game will think it alright to start pushing other players / spectators / referees around cause he seen ti at the football and thought that the player got away wit itso its ok to do it

Based upon that logic, players should thus never dive, never foul, claim a foul they know didn't happen.

Corky was trying to claim INJUSTICE based upon somebody with no legal right to be on the pitch going on and assaulting a player.

Like I said, the player overreacted, sure. One of our players did that, he'd be lauded for his competitive spirit.

The kid acted like a dick. I mean, the way we were cutting their defence open towards the end, was in our interest to keep the ball in play.

Mate he rolled the ball four yards FFS.

Do you have kids?My guess is you dont.If you do,would you think that was a suitable response to your child?

The kid was wrong but thats no excuse.The point I am making is that a push is a push.I am not condoning what my mate did and he deserved his punishment.But if a City fan had done that to the kid there would have been uproar.

The only difference between the 2 instances is that the fan isnt allowed on the field and the player is,the incident is the same,if not worst for the player as it was a child that he pushed.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:22 pm

Pity he didnt try that with my boy he would of twatted him :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Corkrey wrote:
nerd wrote:

Mate he rolled the ball four yards FFS.

Do you have kids?My guess is you dont.If you do,would you think that was a suitable response to your child?

The kid was wrong but thats no excuse.The point I am making is that a push is a push.I am not condoning what my mate did and he deserved his punishment.But if a City fan had done that to the kid there would have been uproar.

The only difference between the 2 instances is that the fan isnt allowed on the field and the player is,the incident is the same,if not worst for the player as it was a child that he pushed.

Yes, I do have kids. Do I think it's a suitable response to MY kids? No. The ballboy isn't your kid, so...

Tell you what, Drizzle winning 1-0 late on, one of their ballboys rolled it away, 4 yards FFS, people would whinge about it. The kid was pushed - that's all. Not punched, not kicked - and from opposite the incident you could see the kid was milking it big time. Surprised he didn't get booked for simulation - reacting by hold his face seconds after being pushed.

Now, you can complain a push is a push yadda yadda, but by removing all context you're oversimplifying the issue to the extent the comparison is meaningless. Did Orr run the full length of the pitch to push the kid? Really? Big, big difference between the two scenario.

Wanting action taken against Orr is just as big an OTT reaction as his was, to be perfectly honest. Hell, let's not forget he won the game for us, after all.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:19 pm

I used to take after school football lessons for Arc Sports Developement.Kids were always playing up and seeing how far they could push their luck.If I so much as flicked one of the kids I would have been sacked and it would have been on my record so that I never coached kids again.

So your right it wasnt a punch,slap or kick but where do you draw the line?

By the way he didnt run the length of the field to push someone,he wanted the ball (to kick into the goals in front of 6.5k City fans)which happened to be in the keepers hands so he gave him a nudge and got done for it.He did have a Stone Island coat on though so I suppose its only fair he got done and the player wont.