Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

yes or no vote ?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 pm

I know its not cardiff city related,but its so important for wales, laws, tax ,health etc ,i am still undecided what to vote !

Re: yes or no vote ?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:19 pm

scarface wrote:I know its not cardiff city related,but its so important for wales, laws, tax ,health etc ,i am still undecided what to vote !

whats the question? :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:25 pm

yes

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:40 pm

It's a YES for me.
If you are happy with the way things are going at this moment in time (which alot of people aren't) then vote NO and things will not change.
If you want things to change then vote YES.
If you decide not to vote then don't ever ever criticise/praise the Welsh Assembly as this is your opportunity to voice your opinion.

luvs the city

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:50 pm

NO - Years to come, they will need more members to run the assembly, which mean higher wages and pensions paid by the taxpayer. Everyone has their choice, but mine is a resounding NO. Also, No money was given to advertise for the No campaign, I wonder why!!!!! What are they hiding!!! They are all corrupt anyway and only think of themselves :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:55 pm

MalagaCF wrote:NO - Years to come, they will need more members to run the assembly, which mean higher wages and pensions paid by the taxpayer. Everyone has their choice, but mine is a resounding NO. Also, No money was given to advertise for the No campaign, I wonder why!!!!! What are they hiding!!! They are all corrupt anyway and only think of themselves :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pure propoganda :twisted:

They have categorically said that no new members will be created if you vote yes

No money was given to the no campaign as they decided not to register - because of this no public money was allowed for the yes campaign either as one side was not allowed to get funding if the other wasn't

In some ways I agree with your last statement, but for the last ten years Assembly politicians have proven to be less corrupt than Westminster so it's a YES from me.

Postal vote already posted :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:03 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:NO - Years to come, they will need more members to run the assembly, which mean higher wages and pensions paid by the taxpayer. Everyone has their choice, but mine is a resounding NO. Also, No money was given to advertise for the No campaign, I wonder why!!!!! What are they hiding!!! They are all corrupt anyway and only think of themselves :evil: :evil: :evil:

They have categorically said that no new members will be created if you vote yes

No money was given to the no campaign as they decided not to register - because of this no public money was allowed for the yes campaign either as one side was not allowed to get funding if the other wasn't

In some ways I agree with your last statement, but for the last ten years Assembly politicians have proven to be less corrupt than Westminster so it's a YES from me.

You stated:

Do you honestly think that in a few years, that they wont change this rule once everyone has voted Yes... :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:21 pm

If I was 18 I would vote yes, I think Wales should have more powers and don't need to ask England for things to be done. :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:52 pm

No, can't be bothered to go into details as to why now as I will be ranting all night. The pub awaits me for a few pints to celebrate St David's day.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:13 pm

yes but only coz it says vote yes on the roundabout i saw first thing in the morning. i really dont know tbh.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:16 pm

MalagaCF wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:

You stated:

Do you honestly think that in a few years, that they wont change this rule once everyone has voted Yes... :lol: :lol:

Honestly I don't know they might / they might not but it has nothing to do with the vote today - voting no today won't stop it from maybe happening in the future, same as voting yes doesn't mean we will have more AMs it just means we don't have to beg london everytime we want to change anything and we will actually save a few million annually in the costs of asking westminster committees to verify everything WAG does.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:29 pm

No. I think the AMs will make a terrible job of running Wales. I know the Westminster ones are a pretty bad bunch themselves, but they're 10 times better than the buffoons in the Assembly

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

NO!. Plaid Cymru would love it... lets all speak Welsh and waste money promoting the language that 70/80% of Wales can speak or could not give a shit about.

This country needs more jobs, better affordable housing and more industry. the likes of plaid cymru are only interested in their own gains, they could not care less about the problems really.

Vote NO.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:59 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:NO!. Plaid Cymru would love it... lets all speak Welsh and waste money promoting the language that 70/80% of Wales can speak or could not give a shit about.

This country needs more jobs, better affordable housing and more industry. the likes of plaid cymru are only interested in their own gains, they could not care less about the problems really.

Vote NO.

todays vote has nothing to do with anything you've mentioned, might be worthwhile researching what it's actually about before running your mouth. ALL political parties are encouraging a yes vote it has nothing to do with voting for plaid cymru.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:00 pm

AS i POSTED IN THE OTHER THREAD..

I will be voting YES this afternoon. And for one reason, that we deserve to have the same rights as the rest of Britain. We currently don't have that, Scotland and Northern Ireland are miles ahead of us and if they can make their own policies we should be able to as well without England's OK. People mock the Welsh because we are always in England's shadow this is a chance to change that slightly, I hope everyone votes yes today!

And before any funny fucker says it, I'm actually against Welsh Independence, I would never in a million years vote Plaid, I just believe we deserve to be treated fairly in Great Britain, instead of being the viewed as the inferior principality.

VOTE YES FOR WALES CARDIFF CITY FORUM! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Its 100% YES from me.........fed up of being influenced by those foreign expense fiddlers in Westminster.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:No. I think the AMs will make a terrible job of running Wales. I know the Westminster ones are a pretty bad bunch themselves, but they're 10 times better than the buffoons in the Assembly

Self loathing Welsh people are one of the reasons Wales has always been left behind. :evil:
I'd rather a accountable politician down the bay (can always knock the fucker out when they're leaving the building) than a unaccountable more expensive politician with no knowlededge/love or respect for my homeland making all the decisions

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:05 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:NO!. Plaid Cymru would love it... lets all speak Welsh and waste money promoting the language that 70/80% of Wales can speak or could not give a shit about.

Vote NO.

todays vote has nothing to do with anything you've mentioned, might be worthwhile researching what it's actually about before running your mouth. ALL political parties are encouraging a yes vote it has nothing to do with voting for plaid cymru.

No, its the start of it though mouth. thats why wanky plaid cymru want a yes vote so bad. the start of us governing ourselves.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:10 pm

Plaid arguments don't fly with me sorry! Wales isn't a dictatorship! It has many political parties and isn't a one-party state so why people talk about it like that is beyond me. Plaid are an inferior party with inferior ideas for Wales. Does anyone really think a primarily Welsh speaking party would take control of the country? When the majority of the population (the majority of voters ahem) live in the South and can't even speak Welsh language! Give me a break!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:20 pm

McMurdo wrote:AS i POSTED IN THE OTHER THREAD..

I will be voting YES this afternoon. And for one reason, that we deserve to have the same rights as the rest of Britain. We currently don't have that, Scotland and Northern Ireland are miles ahead of us and if they can make their own policies we should be able to as well without England's OK. People mock the Welsh because we are always in England's shadow this is a chance to change that slightly, I hope everyone votes yes today!

And before any funny fucker says it, I'm actually against Welsh Independence, I would never in a million years vote Plaid, I just believe we deserve to be treated fairly in Great Britain, instead of being the viewed as the inferior principality.

VOTE YES FOR WALES CARDIFF CITY FORUM! :ayatollah:

exactly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Midfield general wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:

Vote NO.

Hang on how can you say it has nothing to do with Plaid Cymru when it was a condition of theirs before they went into the latest political partnership with Labour down the Bay. Todays vote has Plaid Cymru written all over it!!!

What I said was voting yes or no is not voting yes or no to plaid cymru, it might have been their idea for the vote but that wasn't what I was talking about.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:05 pm

A BIG YES ! :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:08 pm

NO never after the broken promises to me in the last week. They are only interested in themselves sorry and have no interest in the people they they claim to represent. They have failed to contact despite promises and have delayed for weeks and yet they complain that going to Westminster delays things. Someone has to hold them to account. Sorry but they have got me to change my vote because of their action. Bunch of tossers !!!!!!

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:08 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:10 pm

BIG NO from me

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:24 pm

No likey no lighty :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:37 pm

I voted NO earlier.Swansea hasn't benefited....hang on,the rest of Wales hasn't benefited under the Senedd's rule,only the city of Cardiff,so f**k em.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:05 pm

i voted NO , they are expecting the turn out to be as low as 20 % which proves they should never have had the referendum because 80% of the eligable voters don't give a f**k so its been a massive waste of money its ridicalous if the no vote won we all know the yes campaigners would try again in a few years time, but if the yes campaign wins thats it for good there will be no going back, no more referendums its a joke :evil:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:12 pm

scarface wrote:I know its not cardiff city related,but its so important for wales, laws, tax ,health etc ,i am still undecided what to vote !

Whens the result going to be announced ?

Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Even
Forever Blue wrote:

Whens the result going to be announced ?

Counting starts in the morning, so I would say some time in the early evening, depending on the turnout. Don't think there will be many to count