Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SCOTT'S YOUNG GUNS "

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Noticed last week, Scott does a weekly article update in the local Rag which for me is the Aberdare leader, but I'm sure it will be the same thing in The Merthyr Express, the Ponty Observer and Rhondda Leader etc.

the article is now actually called Scott's Young Guns, so it's great they have this identity and hopefully the whole name and scheme will become well known and the support we can give can be an ongoing thing.

As I have said before, think how proud you'll be if we see another Aaron Ramsey in the future and know that he was picked up under the Young Guns umbrella. Can't wait now for our first evening get together and function, at the moment it's planned for morgans bar in Tonypandy the Friday night directly before QPR home, so the match build up can start nice and early, tickets out soon, get them because the Rhondda boys love a night out (coz most of them haven't got tellys in the house.LOL) and these tickets will fly out.

A lot of you have now set up standing orders and others have given donations and I would like to thank you all for your support and generosity to this good cause, but we still need more to do the same and keep this appeal rolling. If we all just gave £1 a month that would make a hell of a difference and keep the appeal rolling.

The Funds Bank( You can pay in to ANY BANK Just Quote Belows Sort code/Account No ).

Santander Bank

Sort Code:- 09-01-27
Account No. 85932151

Come on boys we can make a difference to young kids lives.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37002 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " SCOTT'S YOUNG GUNS "

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Gwyn, Its getting Bigger and Bigger The Membership :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

With you as Chairman and Carl as Vice Chairman leading the way, hopefully This year we will Raise plenty for the Future of Cardiff City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

All Donations are Well come :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" SCOTT'S YOUNG GUNS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" ONWARDS and UPWARDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Lads, just a question. Has the reserve game played today been ignited by the meetings you've had with Scott or is it just a coincidence? There must be a reason why the club has randomly decided to play a reserve game again.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Zabier wrote:Lads, just a question. Has the reserve game played today been ignited by the meetings you've had with Scott or is it just a coincidence? There must be a reason why the club has randomly decided to play a reserve game again.

Dave Jones and Jones Daughter read this Forum every day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Jones's Daughter, I believe/think is CCFC1988.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Gwyn the success of Young Guns has been phenomenal so far. It is great that the Aberdare paper are using the name also, the members off here have been fantastic.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:09 am

Released by City ( twice), wanted by 7 premiership clubs, hat full of Championship Clubs....... and now City want him back!! ...... you couldnt make it up !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:42 am

BigGwynram wrote:Noticed last week, Scott does a weekly article update in the local Rag which for me is the Aberdare leader, but I'm sure it will be the same thing in The Merthyr Express, the Ponty Observer and Rhondda Leader etc.

the article is now actually called Scott's Young Guns, so it's great they have this identity and hopefully the whole name and scheme will become well known and the support we can give can be an ongoing thing.

As I have said before, think how proud you'll be if we see another Aaron Ramsey in the future and know that he was picked up under the Young Guns umbrella. Can't wait now for our first evening get together and function, at the moment it's planned for morgans bar in Tonypandy the Friday night directly before QPR home, so the match build up can start nice and early, tickets out soon, get them because the Rhondda boys love a night out (coz most of them haven't got tellys in the house.LOL) and these tickets will fly out.

A lot of you have now set up standing orders and others have given donations and I would like to thank you all for your support and generosity to this good cause, but we still need more to do the same and keep this appeal rolling. If we all just gave £1 a month that would make a hell of a difference and keep the appeal rolling.

The Funds Bank( You can pay in to ANY BANK Just Quote Belows Sort code/Account No ).

Santander Bank

Sort Code:- 09-01-27
Account No. 85932151

Come on boys we can make a difference to young kids lives.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37002 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great effort by those FANS Involved ..... shame about...... oh never mind , every picture tells a story as Rod Stewart sang!

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Daya wrote:Released by City ( twice), wanted by 7 premiership clubs, hat full of Championship Clubs....... and now City want him back!! ...... you couldnt make it up !!

Any comment Gwyn or stuck for words?

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 am

Stuck for words regarding what,what is it you are getting at and what reply are you looking for. Is it the shock horror that one lad was not picked up and now he is showing potential the club are trying to entice him back, does that surprise anyone, my God there must be 100's at our club and every club around the country where this happens.

Are we saying that every youngster that comes into the system should be held onto in the chance that one of them actually makes the grade.

isn't it possible that some kids develop at different stages, how old was ian Wright before he turned Pro, also possibly being rejected by a club gives the lad involved the kick up the arse to knuckle down and try harder to try and prove a point, there must be dozens of kids that fall into that category.

Anyway back to the shock horror and disgust that all us fans must feel against the youth set up at our club, the club we support because one of the youngsters they let go may actually have some untapped potential, perhaps we should all burn our season tickets have a mass protest or support another club, I think, no actually I know that most of us are made of better stuff down here and have some loyalty.

Perhaps if we can raise sufficient funds to help achieve the targets the youth set up are aiming for then the possibility of finding and holding on to the best talent in the area will come a bit closer, that's why us the fans would rather try and help rather than look for fault in our own club.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:20 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Stuck for words regarding what,what is it you are getting at and what reply are you looking for. Is it the shock horror that one lad was not picked up and now he is showing potential the club are trying to entice him back, does that surprise anyone, my God there must be 100's at our club and every club around the country where this happens.

Goes to show that you are not really up to date with what goes on at this level although your commitment to fundraising is admirable but these are the type of actions that put to shame your worthwhile efforts because this lad would have been classed as a " young Gun " in the future. Your devoid of the facts clearly as you summarise that this lad was released at an early age and ended up else where - well thats not the case . Hes fully been through the system from a young age , and was only released some 2 weeks ago at 16 , and not offered a Scholorship. Hes played for Wales too at all levels. On his release , a large number of Premiership Clubs have come in with offers as well as immedieate scolorship offers from Championship clubs. Offers all over the table. Now you could say that City know more than all the top clubs and other championship clubs , i doubt that very much, but yes you could claim that if you wished- but its even more astonishing that City after just allowing the player to be released in over just 2 weeks, now see the interest of all the others and now want him back!!! if then you should ask yourself why is that ? 2 weeks prior they didnt think he had enough to even offer a scholorship but 2 weeks later and they do? How does that one work then Gwyn? You state it happens to hundreds of players at hundreds of Clubs - well i can assure you it bloody well doesnt, maybe you could provide hundreds of these examples you claim. Its basically a mockery.

Are we saying that every youngster that comes into the system should be held onto in the chance that one of them actually makes the grade. I would think the Club are looking for professional future football players, in this case the majority of the Premiership and Championship do, so how come not City then, well 2 weeks ago they didnt but now have changed their mind 2 weeks later clearly going by the judgement of other clubs and not their own - but you claim the system at City is so wonderful but they clearly demonstrate in these actions that they are not so wonderful!

isn't it possible that some kids develop at different stages, how old was ian Wright before he turned Pro, also possibly being rejected by a club gives the lad involved the kick up the arse to knuckle down and try harder to try and prove a point, there must be dozens of kids that fall into that category. Not at 17 there is not in the main its make or break time.

Anyway back to the shock horror and disgust that all us fans must feel against the youth set up at our club, the club we support because one of the youngsters they let go may actually have some untapped potential, perhaps we should all burn our season tickets have a mass protest or support another club, I think, no actually I know that most of us are made of better stuff down here and have some loyalty. Fan loyalty is a dangerous thing to make judgements it brings a blind view at times and fails to assist in seeing the reality

Perhaps if we can raise sufficient funds to help achieve the targets the youth set up are aiming for then the possibility of finding and holding on to the best talent in the area will come a bit closer, that's why us the fans would rather try and help rather than look for fault in our own club.
If you dont address faults then they cant be fixed , im sure you even take your car to the garage for repair instead of letting it break down ! now as i say i admire your fund rasing totally i have always said that and contributed myself as funds always help, BUT whats the point unless you fix the faults and no money will fix that which allows players to be treated the way as above and clearly shows the system doesnt what its doing. Gwyn blind faith and fund rasing is one thing , addressing the issues like above will benefit Cardiff City far more ! And trust me - its not the only case! Thats been my point all along but you have just taken it as a personal vendetta against your campaign and the Club, which you and Ridofrid took to the lowest depths in an attempt your so called wonderful system which in fact it isnt.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:59 am

Cheers Gwyn for keeping us updated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: