Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS SOCIETY SICKENS!!!!!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:20 pm

ME AT TIMES!!!!!

Our kid's arn't safe on the street's and its not JUST from wierdo's and child molesters,but kids there own age!!!! :shock:

You can't help but shed tears reading this story of these three young victims!!!!
My heart goes out to them and their families!!!! :cry:

D ate: 20 January 2010
HARROWING new details emerged today of the torture attacks by two South Yorkshire brothers on three little boys.
The brothers - now aged 12 and 11 - are to be sentenced at Sheffield Crown Court in a hearing which started today and is expected to last until Friday.

This morning the court heard shocking accounts of the boys' sickening assaults - one on a young
ADVERTISEMENT lad playing alone in April last year, and a second attack on two other schoolboys exactly one week later.

In each, the brothers lured their victims to an isolated wooded area in the Brick Ponds area of Edlington, Doncaster, by pretending they had an animal to show them.

Nicholas Campbell QC, prosecuting, told the court the brothers' first victim was pushed to the ground, had his head stamped upon, and was repeatedly punched in the face.

He was shoved into a stream and dragged back out again before the older brother told his younger sibling to pick up a brick, saying: "I'm going to smash it against his head."

When they told the lad: "We want to kill you" the terrified little boy burst into tears and Mr Campbell said he thought he was going to die.

A passer-by spotted the three boys and saw the victim with his trousers round his ankles, sucking his thumb. The man told the little boy to run off.

The horrifying assault was reported to police, but the boy was too terrified to name his attackers. Meanwhile the brothers confessed their deeds to a little girl, took her to the crime scene, and even showed her blood on their gloves.

When the headteacher at her school told pupils at a school assembly to come forward if they knew anything, she told a teacher the two brothers' names.

A week on from the first attack the pair struck again, this time luring two more little boys, aged 11 and nine, to the same deserted spot.

Once there they made a bizarre claim that they planned to kill them in revenge for the boys having murdered their grandmother. One boy was forced to the ground and throttled and feigned unconscousness in an attempt to escape further torture.

The brothers were living in foster care in Edlington when they struck.

The court heard the older brother already had a criminal record for common assult, and battery, and was subject to a supervision order at the time. He had previously been reprimanded for actual bodily harm and warned for attempted theft.

His younger brother, too, had crossed paths with the law, receiving a reprimand just one one month before the attacks for offences of common assault and ABH.

The brothers also threw bricks at the heads of the two boys. Mr Campbell said: "Some were too heavy for such children to throw and they were lifted and carried to and dropped on to them."

Police found a series of blood-stained "weapons" at the scene which were displayed in court, including a branch, two sticks, a piece of wood, a brick and three stones. One of the stones weighed 28lb and another 9lb.

Mr Campbell said the older brother used the younger boy's mobile phone to film his sibling attacking the older boy.

The barrister warned the court that the footage was "upsetting to view" before it was played.

The film shows the older victim lying on his back on the ground, with his face covered in blood and his arms crossed over his chest to protect himself as the younger brother taunted and jabbed at him with an object.

Mr Campbell said: "This footage is upsetting to view but it is important evidence as you consider the nature of this attack as a whole."

A discarded cigarette end was also found at the scene containing blood with DNA matching the younger of the victims.

The boy told police that the younger brother cut his arm open with a sharp stick and the older brother placed a lit cigarette in the wound.

Mr Campbell described a sex act the brothers told their victims to perform, and added one boy was told to urinate into the other's mouth.

The brothers also lit a fire to burn some of the boys' clothes and the elder victim was told to sit on the flames.

He refused but stamped it out with his foot.

A plastic sheet was placed over the two boys when people were heard in the area and then the younger brother set fire to the sheet, burning the boys, before they threw it off.

The boys were taken to the bottom of a secluded ravine where the brothers used part of a clothes line in an attempt to strangle the younger boy by winding it around his neck three times and pulling it tight.

Mr Campbell said the younger boy remembered his voice and his eyes "feeling rather odd".

Mr Campbell added the older brother asked 'Are you dying now?' and then stopped. The court heard the then said: "It's too much with the wire. They're not dying at all."

The court heard the brothers said they wanted to kill them "because they were not doing what they were being told".

Mr Campbell said the brothers told the younger boy to cross a stream and when he refused they told him: "If you're not going to come over here, then you'd better kill yourself. Otherwise we're going to come over and do it."

The court heard the boy then got hold of a twig and shoved it into his mouth, making it look as though he was killing himself and then pretended to be dead.

Mr Campbell said the brothers then searched for more weapons and found some ceramic pieces which could have been from a sink or lavatory.

The prosecutor said the elder brother carried one of the pieces, which the younger victim said "looked heavy" and then, five steps away from the older boy he threw it and the sink struck his head.

He said: "He cried out and began to cry again.
"The blood flowed."

After the older boy had been struck, the younger brother said they had to go to meet their father.

Mr Campbell said the older brother replied: "One minute. I need to kill them both because they might just grass on us". The older brother armed himself with two small rocks and threw one at the older boy, who was blinded by blood and swelling to his eyes, and one at the younger.

Then they left, telling the two boys to stay where they were or they would "come back and finish you off".

The hearing continues this afternoon.

Very upsetting!!! :cry: :evil:
Last edited by sam salim on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: THIS SOCIETY SICKENS!!!!!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:24 pm

The wrong people get sentenced for the wrong terms where as those who genuinely deserve it are back out on the streets. A lot of kids are also not brought into the world at the right time anymore.

It's all very well me sitting here and protesting that parents can't raise their kids properly but I luckily come from a loving secure household and had the benefit of a decent upbringing. Parents need to work through their differences and raise their kids properly for the sake of their children.

Kids know what they can get away with now and as always push the envelope. Boundaries need to tighten. Parents need to be more strict. Allow smacking for a start. Use common sense rather than guidelines to recognise the difference between discipline and abuse.

Enough of this black and white government. Let's start seeing life as more grey and complicated than the law suggests it is.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Thats shocking! :o

What the hell is wrong with some people. These kids are obviously not right in the head :?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Thats beyond, and very sad for the victims.

lets hope they lock um up and they get a taste of there own medicine :evil:

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 pm

I know the feeling mate i hate the society we live in,it makes me sick,even thinking of emigrating,looking to see jobs and different countrys.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Sam, I owe you one for bringing this to my attention.

This is an interesting story and it'll be useful for me, I'm a journalism student at Shef. Uni and we're putting together a portfolio of court stories... and if this isn't news, I don't know what is.

Hopefully I can get down tomorrow and maybe Friday to see the case concluded.

By the way, did you hear about the woman who was put away for life for murdering her son?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8470572.stm