http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... f/?ref=rss

Re: Jason Brown is signing for us!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:03 pm

i want to believe it :lol:

but who believes newspapers nowadays :( :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Can't say I'm very excited about a player who managed about 15 leagues games in 5 years, desperation springs to mind.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:13 pm

THE DON wrote:Can't say I'm very excited about a player who managed about 15 leagues games in 5 years, desperation springs to mind.

i was thinking that :lol:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:16 pm

But hes better than santiago?

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm a Blackburn fan swell as Cardiff and I have to say that in his day, he can be superb. Problem is, he's never given too many if them days to prove himself. The one thing I will point out is that a premiership club has wanted to keep him around for a long time now and he is higher in the chain at Ewood than people like Frank Fielding who is rated very highly. He needs to lose weight though. Good shot stopper, crap at coming from crosses too. Unlike Kirkland, I see Brown as cover for Heaton and that only

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:24 pm

On loan for Leeds this season. Failed to keep a clean sheet.
On loan to Orient this season. Failed to keep a clean sheet.

He's played 142 league games. 4 as sub. That's 142 games, since August 2000. In ten seasons.

126 of those came for Gillingham - from March 01 to Jun 2006.

So, 16 league games the last 5 seasons. 7 of which have been since September 2010 in two loan spells, one of which is a divison below this one.

Excuse me if I'm not exactly impressed, especially since he's not exactly a good keeper. Has always been overrated - Hughes took him to Blackburn from memory, from knowing him in the Wales setup - which he's totally disappeared out of view from. Well paid at Blackburn considering, well, he doesn't have to do anything.

If he's the best, when there's the option of say Roy Carroll on a short term contract, who at least has actually been platying football and has vastly greater experience... nice one DJ.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:26 pm

This maybe is the only player who maybe accepts that he will be second fiddle to Heaton
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:26 pm

carroll, yeah he'd be a great choice, he near dam admitted in the paper he's an alcholic and still goes out twice a month......at least jason brown will be good back up!!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 pm

THE DON wrote:Can't say I'm very excited about a player who managed about 15 leagues games in 5 years, desperation springs to mind.

Don, But We are Desperate .

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:33 pm

we only need back up really, fingers crossed that nothing more happens to heaton

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:33 pm

paulh_85 wrote:we only need back up really, fingers crossed that nothing more happens to heaton

Correct :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:36 pm

i was pissed when i thought kirkland was coming in to take heaton's spot straight away as he's been brilliant for a while now, so having half decent cover for him is all we need......if kirkland had come and heaton been dropped what would heaton think then......right choice in my mind, and JB might have something to prove being a welsh boy aswell :D