Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" JASON BROWN LATEST "

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Whilst I was out getting my son from College ( Dad's Taxis :lol: ) I took a call to say that Jason Brown has made the decision to sign for Cardiff City and also that the player has tweeted the fact too.

I posted a couple of hours ago that the deal had not been signed as yet and there was another club who had come in for him and that Jason was in fact talking with the other club.

The other club was Doncaster and they came in late this afternoon when they learned of Jason's availibilty, Jason spoke with Sean O'Driscoll this evening and as I understand if he was to sign for Doncaster then he would want guaranteed first team football.

Obviously he has not had that guarantee and before people start slating the guy for wanting to talk to another club, I cannot blame him one bit for listening to other offers and making claims for their number 1 shirt, he is signing for us knowing full well he will be behind Tom Heaton in the pecking order.

Jason I await your confirmation on the official site and would like to welcome you aboard the train to the Premier League :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: JASON BROWN LATEST

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 pm

:ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:06 pm

nice to see jason come and play for the number 1 club in wales :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 pm

what i cant understand is..... if your a keeper in the prem, looking to go out on loan, wouldnt you rather go somewhere to get a few games rather than sit on the bench?

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:08 pm

id like to know, where has he been, what has he done, i think a bit of wd 40 is required here,,,,,,,

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:08 pm

paulh_85 wrote:what i cant understand is..... if your a keeper in the prem, looking to go out on loan, wouldnt you rather go somewhere to get a few games rather than sit on the bench?

That is why he went to Doncaster for talks this evening.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:what i cant understand is..... if your a keeper in the prem, looking to go out on loan, wouldnt you rather go somewhere to get a few games rather than sit on the bench?

That is why he went to Doncaster for talks this evening.

yeah i mean im surprised he didnt go there on loan. its only 12 games and he could have got some game time.

anyway, we needed a back up keeper, and i think he will be good enough to do the job if needed :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:30 pm

1Hr ago on Twitter

"Its just been confirmed off to Cardiff cant wait"

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:34 pm

From what ive seen of him i would say Jones is desperate not the best.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:39 pm

If he's so desparate to play, then why over the last 5 seasons has he spectacularly failed to hand in a transfer request?

And he's happy to come to us as a backup.... but wanted regular football with Doncaster.

Let's hope Heatons injury isn't serious, our backup is a keeper who has barely played the last 5 seasons, isn't rated by Blackburn fans, wasn't rated by Leeds fans, hell, wasn't rated highly by Orient fans.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:45 pm

This is what I like about our fans, always prepared to give new additions to our squad a chance! :) :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Hes better on the bench please Heaton dont get injured hes worse than Forde.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Overthemoon wrote:This is what I like about our fans, always prepared to give new additions to our squad a chance! :) :ayatollah:

We're at a crucial stage of the season.

The guy has barely played over the seasons. The loan spells this season - even at Orient - weren't a success.

Are you confident, should Heaton be unable to play, Brown would be a) up to match speed or b) competent enough? That's what I'm talking about.

If he'd had a consistent body of experience over the seasons, sure,point being the only stints you can judge his ability on are fairly sparse and not impressive.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Overthemoon wrote:This is what I like about our fans, always prepared to give new additions to our squad a chance! :) :ayatollah:

yes agree, lets give the guy a bloody chance, i remember he stepped in for robinson last season i actually thought he looked descent!! he's a welsh international(yes i know probably qualifies for wales through his uncles, cousins granparents sisters nephew!!) but who cares, he may be on the bench for blackburn but he must be showing enough quality in training for blackburn to even have him on the bench!!

i welcome a backup keeper with open arms!! :ayatollah:

Re: " JASON BROWN LATEST "

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Good News Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 pm

brewer918 wrote:

yes agree, lets give the guy a bloody chance, i remember he stepped in for robinson last season i actually thought he looked descent!! he's a welsh international(yes i know probably qualifies for wales through his uncles, cousins granparents sisters nephew!!) but who cares, he may be on the bench for blackburn but he must be showing enough quality in training for blackburn to even have him on the bench!!

So why have blackburn let him go if he showed quality in training he would be there number 2. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Once he puts on our shirt he gets 100% support off me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Welcome

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 pm

i was under the impression he was their number 2 until recently!!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 pm

brewer918 wrote:i was under the impression he was their number 2 until recently!!

More like no3 no4 :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Listen We are Not going to get a Top Quality Keeper with Heaton Now Our Now 1 and DESERVEDLY SO. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But he has joined us so lets Support him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Listen We are Not going to get a Top Quality Keeper with Heaton Now Our Now 1 and DESERVEDLY SO. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

mite save bit on the wages and we could offer wenger some cash for ramsey for rest of the season haha

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Listen We are Not going to get a Top Quality Keeper with Heaton Now Our Now 1 and DESERVEDLY SO. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But he has joined us so lets Support him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just hope he dont get injured or it will cost us big time. :ayatollah: i just really hope im wrong

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:02 pm

nerd wrote:

The guy has barely played over the seasons. The loan spells this season - even at Orient - weren't a success.

Are you confident, should Heaton be unable to play, Brown would be a) up to match speed or b) competent enough? That's what I'm talking about.

If he'd had a consistent body of experience over the seasons, sure,point being the only stints you can judge his ability on are fairly sparse and not impressive.

At this stage of the season, we're not going to be able to get first choice Premiership standard goalies!

dj has tried to get in two decent keepers in Kirkland and Lonergan and we need a back up in for Saturday!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:06 pm

He could be our unlikely hero, like Andy Campbell

Save a pen in the last game to get us up automatically :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lets be positive :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:08 pm

brewer918 wrote:

Involved in 8 games for Blackburn last season; 3 carling cup, 1 FA cup, 4 league games. 2 clean sheets in total.

Quality or a cheap backup - because, after all, suspensions / injuries aren't something always happening to keepers. What I'd also say about the quality issue is not once have a club paid a fee for him - either he left Gillingham or they didn't offer a new contract, taken to Blackburn by Hughes.

Like I said, let's hope Heaton's injury isn't serious and can be played through. The way the defence has played lately, Heaton could have a hospital bed in the goal and not be troubled.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Well he has Signed Carl, we need back up and thats what matters :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
nerd wrote:

At this stage of the season, we're not going to be able to get first choice Premiership standard goalies!

dj has tried to get in two decent keepers in Kirkland and Lonergan and we need a back up in for Saturday!

Who said anything about a first choice Prem keeper?

it's obvious we'd get a number 2/3 level keeper, but are you seriously saying someone who has played so few games the last 5 seasons, who has already had two very uninspiring loans this season doesn't worry you should he have to play?

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:12 pm

nerd wrote:
brewer918 wrote:

Involved in 8 games for Blackburn last season; 3 carling cup, 1 FA cup, 4 league games. 2 clean sheets in total.

Quality or a cheap backup - because, after all, suspensions / injuries aren't something always happening to keepers. What I'd also say about the quality issue is not once have a club paid a fee for him - either he left Gillingham or they didn't offer a new contract, taken to Blackburn by Hughes.

Like I said, let's hope Heaton's injury isn't serious and can be played through. The way the defence has played lately, Heaton could have a hospital bed in the goal and not be troubled.

sorry but to even be in a premiership team you have to some quality!!

Our defence have been great but heaton has made his fair share of saves aswell!! brown is a good backup keeper imo!! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:12 pm

He has not yet played for Blackburn this season he has played 8 games in total 5 at orient and 3 at leeds enough said hes signed know. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:14 pm

id be more concerned if we didnt have another keeper on the bench & have to put someone in like kev mcnaughton!! (saying that he's played great in all the other positions he's played!! :D )